1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Behiye said:

Hi,

UPS delivered our documents to NVC on 4th May 2018. But we still didn't receive a confirmation email from NVC.

Should we wait or do you think we should call  NVC to find out if they recieved it?

And if they did receive, how long does it usually takes to get case completed? :wacko:

My documents were delivered on the 7th. I called yesterday and they said its not in their system yet. You might wanna call and ask them. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, hl and bl said:

So I paid my IV fee on Monday but it still doesn't took out from the bank yet. Is that normal?

I paid mine on the second, it was cleared on the third and my IV application opened on the fourth. Try calling your bank to find out. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

I'm finally able to log into the NVC site with my Case and Invoice number. It looks like, since I have an attorney, it automatically selected my agent. It also appears that it's in the agent review phase as the "pay now" option for the first fee is not yet available. I am I correct in assuming that it automatically selected my agent and waiting for the first fee to become available?

I was only able to pay my first fee after I received welcome email from NVC

37 minutes ago, Behiye said:

Hi,

UPS delivered our documents to NVC on 4th May 2018. But we still didn't receive a confirmation email from NVC.

Should we wait or do you think we should call  NVC to find out if they recieved it?

And if they did receive, how long does it usually takes to get case completed? :wacko:

You should call them,mine was also delivered on the 4th got scanned into their system the next day 

20 hours ago, Seniorachen said:

So apparently to get an invoice for Iv fee the ds261 must be reviewed by their representative which according to their spiel takes one week upon submitting.

In my case it is my one week called the center and it was explained explicitly why it is not accessible then blessedly the agent offered to review my ds261, by the way no third party agent for us it is easy for them to check then he said wait for the invoice & check my email usually takes upto 2days to be accessed so counting on it,hmmm it will be 9days or onwards... no biggie....

But just my point is upon knowing it, I tried to find and read some forum here from the past filers which people actually get their iv fee accessible soon enough after submitting ds261&pay aos because they call to ask the representative to do the review for ds261 couple days they get iv fee hmmmmm if only I have known....this message perhaps goes to future filer who has no clue like me to save you time :) .

May2 -mcn via call (completed ds261-right away)
May3- towards midnight paid aos
May4-7 status is "on process" (including weekend-no business)
May8 status changed to "paid" then call the center to ask, they offered the review part though....

Nice forum to read.......

www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/546017-how-long-for-nvc-to-process-ds-261-and-invoice-the-iv-fee-so-you-can-pay-it/

This is my experience also. I initially submitted the DS-261, and after 2 weeks of waiting I called to find out what's taking so long. The nice person on the phone reviewed the DS-261 and said to wait one week. Well, after waiting one week, I called NVC again. They said to wait another week. So, over 3 weeks and counting. IV fee still not open. Meanwhile, Others who received their case number after us have already gotten CC. The wait is so frustrating.

USCIS:
2017-07-17: Sent I-130
2017-07-21: NOA1
2018-02-12: NOA2
NVC:
2018-03-06: NVC received case
2018-04-12: NVC Case #
2018-05-10: Pay IV fee

2018-05-16: Submit AoS/IV documents
2018-05-21: Scan Date
2018-05-24: Case Complete

2018-05-29: Interview scheduled for July

Embassy:

2018-07-17: Interview date

5 hours ago, skyzee said:

Yep, in a particularly foul mood myself today having been read the riot act again this morning. Have you already checked out the CC to interview spreadsheet avaialble in the other thread? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

If you filter by UK, you can sort of get a general idea when you might hear about interview date.

eg:

VJ Member Name Case Complete Date Interview Date Scheduled Interview Date Country of Interview Days from Case Complete to Interview
Mrs Khan 4/20/2018 4/26/2018 6/20/2018 United Kingdom 61
evelynrosa 4/19/2018     United Kingdom  
KWall1515 4/12/2018 4/26/2018 6/19/2018 United Kingdom 68
Kirstygems 3/29/2018 3/30/2018   United Kingdom  
esdh 2/28/2018 3/16/2018 4/25/2018 United Kingdom 56
Madison Raney 2/26/2018 2/27/2018 4/18/2018 United Kingdom 51
LauraC87 12/26/2017 12/28/2017 2/16/2018 United Kingdom 52
HighlandFling 12/12/2017 12/14/2017 1/29/2018 United Kingdom 48
tayhan 12/8/2017 12/12/2017 1/29/2018 United Kingdom 52

Thank you for taking the time to give me a response, I couldn't seem to get one anywhere else..

It's a little discouraging because I hoped to be with my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary on June 27th, but we can't even make any plans or know what would be the best arrangements because we still don't have the interview date and it could be right around our 1 year or even ON it..or after...we just don't know what to do..

Thank you for empathizing with me as well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ajw&bmw said:

Thank you for taking the time to give me a response, I couldn't seem to get one anywhere else..

It's a little discouraging because I hoped to be with my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary on June 27th, but we can't even make any plans or know what would be the best arrangements because we still don't have the interview date and it could be right around our 1 year or even ON it..or after...we just don't know what to do..

Thank you for empathizing with me as well

You're welcome! "At NVC" means case complete, so you should be well on your way to your interview letter/date. Hoping for a quick date to be set for you so you can be reunited with your husband.

I abhor the lack of timelines as well throughout this whole process, and it's beyond frustrating that the best resources / information available isn't coming from the agency itself. The lack of communications throughout this has been atrocious and most reps I've talked to including at USCIS and NVC have been extremely unhelpful, though I don't blame them either since they're just caught in a web of inefficient government processes. I could easily go on an angry rant, but needless to say, I'll be relieved when this is over and I don't have to deal with another government agency directly for a long time.

I struggle with my own set of timelines and I must sound like a crazy to people I talk to, constantly changing and adapting them to whatever I think is going to happen next. Frankly, I'm fed up with it all so yes, I can empathize deeply to having your life being put on hold by some unknown entity that doesn't give a ####### about you or me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Behiye said:

Hi,

You don’t get any notification from NVC about receiving. The only way to find they received and scanned your documents is to call and ask them. 

From the date they scan it into their system (ask them if it has been entered into their system) it will take 1-2 weeks for case complete. Now they are completing faster so maybe in a week. Good luck! 😊

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

1 hour ago, skyzee said:

You're welcome! "At NVC" means case complete, so you should be well on your way to your interview letter/date. Hoping for a quick date to be set for you so you can be reunited with your husband.

I abhor the lack of timelines as well throughout this whole process, and it's beyond frustrating that the best resources / information available isn't coming from the agency itself. The lack of communications throughout this has been atrocious and most reps I've talked to including at USCIS and NVC have been extremely unhelpful, though I don't blame them either since they're just caught in a web of inefficient government processes. I could easily go on an angry rant, but needless to say, I'll be relieved when this is over and I don't have to deal with another government agency directly for a long time.

I struggle with my own set of timelines and I must sound like a crazy to people I talk to, constantly changing and adapting them to whatever I think is going to happen next. Frankly, I'm fed up with it all so yes, I can empathize deeply to having your life being put on hold by some unknown entity that doesn't give a ####### about you or me.

Oh my gosh yes, people are always asking about when this should all be done, when I'll be seeing my husband, when we'll be able to move together, and I hate that all I've been able to do this whole time is provide my best estimates based on things like these forums and google searches, and then we experience delay after delay, and I have to feel like an idiot when people are like "oh, I thought you said February.." etc. Although I have explained since day 1 that all I have are best estimates based on recent timelines provided by others..

Still, I appreciate people taking interest and checking in, and these forums have helped me 100x over and I can't imagine going through the process without these forums now..

It's just so frustrating when you don't even know what to expect, what to tell anyone, when to plan anything for...and gut-wrenching when you got your hopes up, and hear of a delay, or hear nothing..

Thank you again for your input and for hoping for things to fall into place nice and quickly for my husband and I! 

Edited by ajw&bmw

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.