1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone I have filled the DS-260 form but I made a mistake on the parents side I put my husband parents information instead off my parents and I want to know what can I do about please advise 

9 hours ago, alloy-K said:

Wait up to one week for the IV fee to open up. However, if you have not done so already, call NVC and ask them to review your DS-261. They eventually get around to doing this, but calling to ask them to review it might help keep the process moving. I am also waiting for the IV fee to open. The wait is difficult, but hang in there!

Hi just a question, since we guys are both waiting for Iv fee when you check your stat online via ceac: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

What action required do you see on yours? Is it pay fee or ds260?

9 hours ago, hl and bl said:

I have same issue. But my AOS fee is still in process but I can't pay my IV fee. Once mine AOS  get paid I will call them and ask them what's going in. 

I know it is confusing, mine is still on process as well... may  I ask since you are waiting to pay Iv fee what says in your action required when you check your ceac: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

What is your action required, says on yours? Just confuse on mine...

25 minutes ago, Seniorachen said:

Hi just a question, since we guys are both waiting for Iv fee when you check your stat online via ceac: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

What action required do you see on yours? Is it pay fee or ds260?

For our case it tells us to complete DS-260. We'll do that after the IV fee opens up, is  paid, and is marked "PAID". Hopefully only a couple more days of waiting. NVC tells everyone to wait one week after they review the DS-261(Choice of Agent) form for the IV fee to open.

USCIS:
2017-07-17: Sent I-130
2017-07-21: NOA1
2018-02-12: NOA2
NVC:
2018-03-06: NVC received case
2018-04-12: NVC Case #
2018-05-10: Pay IV fee

2018-05-16: Submit AoS/IV documents
2018-05-21: Scan Date
2018-05-24: Case Complete

2018-05-29: Interview scheduled for July

Embassy:

2018-07-17: Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Seniorachen said:

I know it is confusing, mine is still on process as well... may  I ask since you are waiting to pay Iv fee what says in your action required when you check your ceac: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

What is your action required, says on yours? Just confuse on mine...

Screenshot_20180505-195448_Chrome.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, KeziaBrian said:

Is anyone in this group waiting for CC and interview in Brazil? The last interview scheduled was 2018/05/10... I’m trying to find out when I can be expecting to be scheduled next month lol 

BE7001CB-CEB7-4470-B257-59EA4876DBDD.png

Hello! Yep, I’m waiting for my interview to be scheduled in Brazil too. Got cc on May, 1st. When did u get your cc? May I ask you please to send me this link, so I can check these timelines as well? :) 

Edited by P n S

4 hours ago, alloy-K said:

For our case it tells us to complete DS-260. We'll do that after the IV fee opens up, is  paid, and is marked "PAID". Hopefully only a couple more days of waiting. NVC tells everyone to wait one week after they review the DS-261(Choice of Agent) form for the IV fee to open.

I see ,good thing to know we have same action required,it made me puzzled when I saw ds-260 trying to figure out if I am missing to access some button where pay iv is there hiding,glad to hear for someone same statement...

Yes but after ds261 the note there iread is 2-3 business days to acess the next  payment ....perhaps mine will be tuesday, hehehe how long have been waiting one week?when did you last pay?

05/05/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC ( Civil - AOS - Joint )

NEXT = ?

IR-1 - Nebraska Service Center - Embassy - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

• 08/08/2017 - Sent I-130 Application
  • 08/11/2017 - I-130 Accepted
  • 08/11/2017 -  NOA-1 via Email
  • 02/28/2018 - I-130 Approved
  • 03/06/2018 - Case Sent to NVC
  • 03/14/2018 - Package Received By NVC
  • 04/21/2018 - Case Assigned & Invoice ID
  • 04/24/2018 - Filed DS 261
  • 04/26/2018 - Welcome Letter Received
  • 04/30/2018 - AOS fee status - PAID
  • 05/01/2018 - IV fee status - PAID
  • 05/02/2018 - Completed DS-260
  • 05/07/2018 - Documents Mailed to NVC
  • 05/10/2018 - NVC Received Documents ( SD )
  • 05/15/2018 - Case Completed - ( CC )
  • 06/01/2018 - Interview Schedule For 07/08/2018
  • 07/08/2018 - VISA APPROVED

___________________________________________________________________________________

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I need some help. I scanned my marriage certificate and saved it as pdf. When I open the file, the page is upside down but can be rotated, is that fine or should I save it as image first and then convert it back to pdf? 

Another question, if I have passport size photographs, should I scan and send them too or is it better to write a note saying I'll bring it to interview? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a question for everyone that filled out the DS 260. Is there anything you prepared for it? I am waiting for ours to unlock.

I mean, I made a (long) list of all the addresses I lived at. But what else do I need? Do I need a copy of all my previous visa to the US? Some of them are super old. What did you gather other than birth certificate, police record, marriage certificate and in some cases divorce decree?

Timeline
7 hours ago, ABK said:

I need some help. I scanned my marriage certificate and saved it as pdf. When I open the file, the page is upside down but can be rotated, is that fine or should I save it as image first and then convert it back to pdf? 

Another question, if I have passport size photographs, should I scan and send them too or is it better to write a note saying I'll bring it to interview? 

I’ve seen people receive a checklist for documents in landscape format instead of portrait. I wouldn’t risk it. Rotate it so it’s formatted correctly. 

For passport size picture, people have been approved both ways. I don’t think it matters. I personally scanned and uploaded the picture. 

7 hours ago, ABK said:

@MahiAS  @H & H and anyone else from Pakistan with case complete: Did you guys get an interview date yet?

No interview date yet. Hopefully this week. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
41 minutes ago, R&OC said:

I have a question for everyone that filled out the DS 260. Is there anything you prepared for it? I am waiting for ours to unlock.

I mean, I made a (long) list of all the addresses I lived at. But what else do I need? Do I need a copy of all my previous visa to the US? Some of them are super old. What did you gather other than birth certificate, police record, marriage certificate and in some cases divorce decree?

You also need a list of all the secondary institutions that you attended with addresses and degree/certificate attained. 

We answered no for precious visas to the US so I’m not sure what it asks for specifically if you answer yes. 

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Timeline
9 hours ago, ABK said:

@MahiAS  @H & H and anyone else from Pakistan with case complete: Did you guys get an interview date yet?

Edited by Beast333

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.