dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
31 minutes ago, rajeejunie said:

Got it! I am assuming they wanted it uploaded as your case is PIVOT and they do not have any packets to send along for POE. 

Yes I'm thinking that too...since there is no actual printed info from NVC, then everything needs to be uploaded & kept in one place 😊

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Got CC on May 23. Now waiting for interview date.

NOA 1: 8/10

NOQ 2: 2/26

Case number received: 5/1

Doc send: 5/15

Scan date: 5/17

CC: 5/23.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, hl and bl said:

Got CC on May 23. Now waiting for interview date.

NOA 1: 8/10

NOQ 2: 2/26

Case number received: 5/1

Doc send: 5/15

Scan date: 5/17

CC: 5/23.

Congrats! You should have your interview scheduled next week as Mumbai Consulate schedule end of the month. So you should get mid of July date :D 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Peachess said:

I told you it was going to be quick. Congratulations once again.

PS: I picked up my passport and visa package today. All set to go! 

Pls did u take all your immunization shots? I was asked to take two more shots after one month of the initial medical. Just wondering if that can be taken when one arrive in the US instead of waiting one month to take it here in Nigeria.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Melencarnacion said:

My husband and I had our interview yesterday in santo domingo. As the petitioner I wasnt required to go but I wanted to be there. We waited about 10-15 mins at a window for the first part where they gather your paperwork and we were asked to provide the original birth certificate of my husband and our marriage license, as well as the police report and medical test my husband did and his passport. They only asked us how long we have been married, if we have kids together, if my husband has kids with anyone else and if my husband is currently working. We answered married 1 year 1 month, no kids together, no kids from other relationships and that mu husband is currently not working, he is a student. This took about 10 minutes.

We were then told to go around to another set of windows and they would call our number. We waited an hour and 15 mins in this line to have the official interview, which is just at a window not in a room. The guy was very nice and personable. He only asked my husband if he has traveled outside the DR, to where and if he ever lived or worked there for more than a year. My husband said hes traveled to America,  Canada and Europe and has worked in America but not for more than a year at a time. He also asked him where I worked and what I did, my husband told him my employer name, what the company was and what I did there.

The rest of the questions were to me, asked me where and when we met and when we were married, i gave him the months and years but not specific dates. He asked what my husband currently does and since he is a student, he asked what he used to do when we met, I told him of a couple previous jobs he had. He asked how times were visited each other. I told him 11 and he asked how many of those times were in the DR and how many in the states. Lastly he asked what my favorite thing about my husband is and i said that he makes me laugh every day. And he asked if we would reside in iowa or Missouri, I told him Missouri. Then he said your Visa is approved and you'll be contacted within 10 days to pick it up :)

Praise the lord this process is finally over, I still cant believe it! Good luck to everyone and thank you for being a source of strength and knowledge throughout this journey! 

I was told we petitioners can't go into the interview unless we are requested. That may just be specific to the country (ours is Mexico,) but just curious, how did you get to go into the consulate? 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Yoyogi said:

Pls did u take all your immunization shots? I was asked to take two more shots after one month of the initial medical. Just wondering if that can be taken when one arrive in the US instead of waiting one month to take it here in Nigeria.

If you are still in Nigeria after 1month of your medicals,your advised to take the 2nd dose in Nigeria in the hosp you had your medicals so that it will be documented in your vaccination record but if your leaving for the U.S. immediately or before 1month,you will have to take the 2nd and 3rd dose in the US.

How did your interview go today?

Edited by Abies

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yoyogi said:

I didn't take any more shots. I was told I have one more for the 30th of May but I'd take that in America, hence the immunisation paper given to you to hand to the cbp officer at the poe.

5 hours ago, truelove29 said:

An update on our case...my husbands interview was last Friday (May 18th) in Ankara. Everything went well except they asked that we upload 2017 1040 tax forms to CEAC for me & our sponsor. We did that on Sunday & emailed the embassy letting them know. They responded on Monday saying that they will review everything. Tuesday our status changed to Administrative Processing...and today it changed to Issued!! Woohoo!! Hopefully we'll be able to pick it up sometime next week...I'm just so happy they were so quick about it 😀

Congrats! Glad to hear all went smooth, how long did your husbands interview take? We're hoping for a July interview in Ankara. Sounds like things move pretty quick at that point! Good luck :) 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Peachess said:

I didn't take any more shots. I was told I have one more for the 30th of May but I'd take that in America, hence the immunisation paper given to you to hand to the cbp officer at the poe.

Thanks for the info, I think I should do same.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Abies said:

If you are still in Nigeria after 1month of your medicals,your advised to take the 2nd dose in Nigeria in the hosp you had your medicals so that it will be documented in your vaccination record but if your leaving for the U.S. immediately or before 1month,you will have to take the 2nd and 3rd dose in the US.

How did your interview go today?

Thanks for your response. My interview was fine. Was only asked a few questions how I met my wife...how many times she visited...where she work...how long we knew before marriage and what she loves doing when she's not working.

36 minutes ago, J Laredo said:

I was told we petitioners can't go into the interview unless we are requested. That may just be specific to the country (ours is Mexico,) but just curious, how did you get to go into the consulate? 

It didnt say on my husband's interview letter that spouses couldn't come but it also didnt say they could. It specially said no lawyers and that you could bring a translator but I had heard spouses were allowed in so I went. My lawyer did say it was specific to each countries consulate. I was surprised that at the embassy,  they did not ask for my husband or I's passport or ID up on arrriving, we simply showed them our interview letter and they pointed us to the security line. Inside the embassy past security we were also just asked for the interview letter and they gave us a ticket number and put us in a line to be helped. It was surprisingly very simple. 

5 hours ago, Peachess said:

I told you it was going to be quick. Congratulations once again.

PS: I picked up my passport and visa package today. All set to go! 

How did the interview go?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, JBapay said:

Congrats! Glad to hear all went smooth, how long did your husbands interview take? We're hoping for a July interview in Ankara. Sounds like things move pretty quick at that point! Good luck :) 

The interview was only about 5 minutes...but he waited 3 hours before that! He said that was the hardest part...with no phone & the TV in the waiting area had cartoons on with no sound LOL. But overall he said the woman he had the interview with was really nice.

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kwall1515 said:

How did the interview go?!

Oh my interview went well.. very quick and simple. I left a review here on the 18th. U can check it. 

How is your case going btw? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.