Balamban

How much for fiancee to "leave" Cebu?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe that there is a 750 php exit tax on international flights even if you are a Philippine National.  Is that still the correct amount?

I've heard of a "Philippine travel tax" of 1620 php for passengers on economy class plane tickets.  Will someone please enlighten me on that?  I'll be buying the ticket from America and I suspect it will not be in the cost of the ticket.

In short, how many peso does my fiancee need to arrive at the airport so that all fees are paid and they will let her depart?  It would be an awful place for her to find herself short of cash.

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Balamban said:

I believe that there is a 750 php exit tax on international flights even if you are a Philippine National.  Is that still the correct amount?

I've heard of a "Philippine travel tax" of 1620 php for passengers on economy class plane tickets.  Will someone please enlighten me on that?  I'll be buying the ticket from America and I suspect it will not be in the cost of the ticket.

In short, how many peso does my fiancee need to arrive at the airport so that all fees are paid and they will let her depart?  It would be an awful place for her to find herself short of cash.

Thanks

TRAVEL TAX AND AIRPORT FEES
Philippine Nationals are expected to pay for the Philippine Travel Tax upon departure from the Philippines. It is usually paid at the airport upon departure or; oftentimes, already included in the cost of the ticket when purchased. US Nationals and Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) are exempt from the Philippine Travel Tax. US Permanent Residents need to secure a Travel Tax Exemption Certificate from the Philippine Tourism Authority at the Department of Tourism Building at TM Kalaw Street, Ermita Manila. The Philippine Travel Tax is PHP1,620.00 (approximately $35.00). 

All international passengers departing  are expected to pay the Airport Terminal Fee of PHP750.00 (approximately $17.00). No one is exempt from paying the Airport Terminal Fee.

YMMV

1 hour ago, Balamban said:

Thanks

Php 750 is not an exit tax but the terminal fee for all passengers departing from international Airport. 

Php 1620 is the Travel Tax for both economy and business class passengers. 

Total of Php 2,370. 

payxibka answered it well above. 

I found out that Tieza now accepts online payments. I personally haven't tried this one yet. I wonder any of the VJers have tried this recently. 

https://tieza.gov.ph/online-travel-tax-payment-system/

Edited by SB5130

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

Timeline

Thank you, so she should have 1620 + 750 to "leave."   So she should have on hand 2370 peso. 

Reminds me of the song: "You can check out whenever you want but you can never leave (without paying fees).

Seems we have replaced the "free world" with the "fee world."  Haha.  All Americans have kitchen floors tiled with gold--we can afford it, eh?

Edited by Balamban

8 hours ago, SB5130 said:

Php 750 is not an exit tax but the terminal fee for all passengers departing from international Airport. 

Php 1620 is the Travel Tax for both economy and business class passengers. 

Total of Php 2,370. 

So if you fly first class how much is the Travel Tax?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

8 hours ago, Balamban said:

Thank you, so she should have 1620 + 750 to "leave."   So she should have on hand 2370 peso. 

Reminds me of the song: "You can check out whenever you want but you can never leave (without paying fees).

Seems we have replaced the "free world" with the "fee world."  Haha.  All Americans have kitchen floors tiled with gold--we can afford it, eh?

They got to grab all the money they can one you are leaving the country, they don't miss many tricks in the Philippines.

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

U.S. has the fees too, but they are all "hidden" in the airfare.

For Sure

But I can't of any fares that are only for US Citizens, they tend to be applied to anyone.

Philippines has CFO for ones leaving on certain visas, and then the famous Airport Tax if you decide to take a vacation or leave for immigration that is applied to PI citizens without a Greencard, they do give OFW a break 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

For Sure

But I can't of any fares that are only for US Citizens, they tend to be applied to anyone.

Philippines has CFO for ones leaving on certain visas, and then the famous Airport Tax if you decide to take a vacation or leave for immigration that is applied to PI citizens without a Greencard, they do give OFW a break 

U.S. has the airport tax.   The travel tax is a "nasty" I truly don't understand, that seems to be a greed only fee, I mean it is like - Oh you haven't been out of the country in a year or more .. pay a fee for being a citizen that is traveling.

As for CFO that isn't a "travel fee"  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow.. it is good to see this post. I ended up checking my itinerary receipt for my flight from Cebu to Minneapolis this May and I saw $216.31 (10,815.5 php) paid taxes and fees? Why it’s so big? Is the terminal fee and Philippines Travel tax included in this already or not? Or I will have to prepare 2370 pesos?

03/30/17: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox

04/03/17: Delivered to USCIS

04/06/17: NOA1 date, assigned to CSC

04/07/17: Received a text from USCIS

04/12/17: Received our NOA1 hardcopy via mail.

11/21/17: NOA2 Date and email received
01/11/18: NVC Received I-129F 
xx/xx/18: Case Status Ready

xx/xx/18: Embassy Received. 
xx/xx/18: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
xx/xx/18: Medical

xx/xx/18: Interview 
xx/xx/18: APPROVED!
xx/xx/18: Visa in Hand =)

xx/xx/18: CFO
xx/xx/18: Bound to my Fiance's Arms

xx/xx/18: Marriage Day

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JosephRose said:

Wow.. it is good to see this post. I ended up checking my itinerary receipt for my flight from Cebu to Minneapolis this May and I saw $216.31 (10,815.5 php) paid taxes and fees? Why it’s so big? Is the terminal fee and Philippines Travel tax included in this already or not? Or I will have to prepare 2370 pesos?

Flying out of Mactan I believe they still collect the airport fee (P750) there, whereas at NAIA it is for sure included in the airfare.

And the travel tax will need to be paid separate also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

24 minutes ago, JosephRose said:

You may need to contact the airline about those charges and inquire about the breakdown of those charges and whether the Philippine travel tax was already included.

Two years ago when my fiance came to visit me, we bought his ticket online MNL - US City - MNL and we paid for taxes and fees.

When he got to the check-in counter at NAIA, he was advised to pay for the Philippine travel tax before they could hand him his boarding pass. We just learned that the Philippine travel tax was not included in the taxes and fees that we paid online.

Edited by AndreaPerkins

Timeline

Thank you all.  It seems that the 750 must be paid "in hand" at the terminal.  But what about the "travel tax?"  Is that collected at the airport?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Balamban said:

Thank you all.  It seems that the 750 must be paid "in hand" at the terminal.  But what about the "travel tax?"  Is that collected at the airport?

Yup it can be paid at the airport, must be paid before check-in.  They say online is available as well

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Hank, I could not find a place at that website to pay in advance, but then my computer is locked down no tightly that no pop-ups or scripts are allowed.  Does anyone see a way to pre-pay the tax?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.