yippy_j

Share a rather unpleasant experience on global entry interview in Seattle

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

I am pleased that the interviewing officers are being vigilant. They are just protecting all who are here.

Vigilant is one thing, I have had very mixed experiences with us agents treating me with disrespect. Getting my Nexus card involved a US agent and Canadian in the same interview. The Canadian agent asked questions that were probing and insightful, but professional. The American tried to throw me off balance, I gave him no answers except yes, no or the fact.  He sighed and gave up.   It was apparent the two did  not.like working together.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

12 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

I am pleased that the interviewing officers are being vigilant. They are just protecting all who are here.

How is it vigilant when he already had all the answer on his screen? 

Every applicant has to fill in a thorough list of past employers for the past 5 years. If they get suspicious and wanted to know if I fell out of status, he could have call the employer and ask every single of them. How would you expect someone to remember when they transitioned in/out their legal status to a point of month/date if these things happened past 3-4 years ago?

Oh please, this is not vigilant. This is obviously showing his ego. Again, I am just talking about my case. I don't assume other people have the similar experiences.

2 hours ago, Amica Nostra said:

Vigilant is one thing, I have had very mixed experiences with us agents treating me with disrespect. Getting my Nexus card involved a US agent and Canadian in the same interview. The Canadian agent asked questions that were probing and insightful, but professional. The American tried to throw me off balance, I gave him no answers except yes, no or the fact.  He sighed and gave up.   It was apparent the two did  not.like working together.

Completely agree. The attitude that he had is plain terrible.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, yippy_j said:

My status: Conditional green card expired. Received my extension letter

So I went to Sea-Tac airport for my global entry interview today. Based on what I have read so far, I was expecting a rather quick conversation with the officer but I was totally wrong. The officer asked me what my previous status was, which was F1. Then he started to ask me very specific question about the timeline when I transitioned into green card, when I got my opt and whether I fell out of status any time before I got my green card. I was caught completely off guard since

1. it was very early in the morning

2. I thought they had done some background check on me already

So I asked the officer, can't you see it on my application?

Then he became super defensive asking me:" you don't know what I can see." 

At one point he was requesting me to give him my previous i-20 information for the global entry approval. 

By the very end of the interview, I told him I might not have the i-20 papers anymore. I tried really hard to remember the timing of me transitioning into green card and the period of me working for different employer and explain to him. At very last, he approved my application mumbling tons of stuffs and talking to himself.

I want to share my experience to just let you guys know be prepared with the timelines of you status. Not every immigration officer will let you sly thru the global interview easily

Haha I am amazed reading that you asked officer "cant you see that on application". And you still got approved. You should be thankful to officer. They can ask any question from application just to check that you r being honest. 

My experience was completely opposite. I went for GE interview in Chicago. The interviewer (lady) asked me where I travelled in the past 5 years and I named the locations I remembered. She approved and I was done in less than 10 minutes total. She also gave me instructions on what to do when my password expires and how to add the new passport to the GE system. This was 2 years ago. Things might be different now. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, CEE53147 said:

I'm not. He's a public employee whose wages are paid by taxpayers. He can vigilant without being rude.

I also don't require his "protection". Of course, no one bothered asking me before making me pay for it.

To each their own...but many others do want the protection.

Nobody asked me before building the road I live on, ambulance that rescues me, or military that defends me. That's how a representative republic works...we don't get asked for our opinions on every subject directly, but we still are required to pay for the services anyway.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Yemen
Timeline
33 minutes ago, geowrian said:

To each their own...but many others do want the protection.

Nobody asked me before building the road I live on, ambulance that rescues me, or military that defends me. That's how a representative republic works...we don't get asked for our opinions on every subject directly, but we still are required to pay for the services anyway.

Probably not the place for it, but there are people who think those things can be done without force.

But even if you think the status quo is fine, copping an attitude at the people who pay your salary is a bad look. If I did that at my job I'd be reprimanded and eventually fired. Must be nice to have that level of job security.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.