apple21

First time applying for child US passport how long?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hubby applied for himself and our 3 kids last March 28 (passports and passport cards). He already got both of his but for the kids it’s still being processed. They haven’t contacted us for any additional docs. 

Is this normal?  Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Doesn't sound normal. Kids passports shouldn't take any longer than adults. Our son was 3 weeks old when we applied for his and received it within two weeks. Were all three of your kids born in the US?

Timeline

No. They were all born in the Philippines. They were Naturalized under my husband’s. 

Timeline

No CRBA. They naturalized under CCA. My husband’s original Nat Cert is their proof together with the other requirements. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dallas39 said:

Is there a way to check status online?

There is but it just says in process. I’m just worried why it’s taking so long considering all 4 applications were done at the same time. 

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not sure what normal is but as a recent data point for you and other readers I applied on Friday 5 May at the post office with normal processing and it is showing due to be delivered on Monday (23rd May)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gifDei beannacht agus sláinte go thú agus tú uile anseo!3dflagsdotcom_irela_2faws.gif

Timeline

Just an update: April 20th we received a letter stating they need originals of the birth certificates and parents’ marriage certificate. We brought it all to the Post Office I don’t know why the PO Clerk didn’t include it!!! 😒 Unfortunately I only have one original MC. I called their hotline (at different times) and the persons I spoke with said I can just mail them all together with a letter explaining that the one original MC should be used for all 3 applications. 

We will mail them out today. Hopefully no more delays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hope this just works out for you without further delay.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
46 minutes ago, inqztve said:

Hope this just works out for you without further delay.

I hope they still won't send you a letter to send the original like they did this lady I know who sent them all the information the website states and got her authorized copy signed and everything. *crossing fingers* that yours will still go through without the extra hustle.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dallas39 said:

I hope they still won't send you a letter to send the original like they did this lady I know who sent them all the information the website states and got her authorized copy signed and everything. *crossing fingers* that yours will still go through without the extra hustle.

True that. I am hoping it too. If I read OP's post, it doesn't seem  like she sent either the original or a certified true copy of the documents.

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

Timeline
1 hour ago, inqztve said:

True that. I am hoping it too. If I read OP's post, it doesn't seem  like she sent either the original or a certified true copy of the documents.

We brought all the original docs to the post office. The dimwit clerk didn’t include the originals to the package, only photocopies. It was my husband who was talking with her coz he’s the USC 🤦🏻‍♀️ (I wish it was me so this wouldn’t have happened 🤣). 

We already mailed the originals. 

Timeline

Seems like you are holding both the clerk and your husband responsible for this.:D

Timeline
17 hours ago, inqztve said:

Seems like you are holding both the clerk and your husband responsible for this.:D

Yess 🤣🤣🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.