26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So we paid the AOS fee and 2 days later it was marked as paid and we moved to the next fee. Paid that when it was available and it's now 6 days after paying it and of course it's still "in process". Part of me thinks this is their trick to slow-down cases and their workload. They don't offer any help whatsoever and I feel after paying everything we have that our case is being unnecessarily delayed.

Anyone have similar views/experiences/tricks to get things moving? Really just want to get that DS-260 done and dusted as we have already sent them the full document package (about a week ago) so we will have nothing left to do with NVC.

47 minutes ago, smp17 said:

So we paid the AOS fee and 2 days later it was marked as paid and we moved to the next fee. Paid that when it was available and it's now 6 days after paying it and of course it's still "in process". Part of me thinks this is their trick to slow-down cases and their workload. They don't offer any help whatsoever and I feel after paying everything we have that our case is being unnecessarily delayed.

Anyone have similar views/experiences/tricks to get things moving? Really just want to get that DS-260 done and dusted as we have already sent them the full document package (about a week ago) so we will have nothing left to do with NVC.

Sadly, I don't think there is any way to move things faster. If calling and bugging them doesn't work, then we just have to resign to fate. I look forward to the day everything is over. The whole waiting with USCIS was already tough enough, and now there is NVC to deal with :( My AOS fee is still 'in process' together with the IV fee.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our file was sent to NVC on January 29th. When we call it says, February 7th and they still say, "we apologize for any inconvenience but your file is still being entered in the system and has gone over the time, we hope to be able to help you soon.  We filed the i130 over 1 year ago and still don't have a visa.  My job here in Brazil is over June 15th and we will be homeless after the 30th of June.  I have asked for it to be expedited and they denied it.   No matter what, they will not help.   We don't even have a interview time or fee payment yet.  I suppose we will just live in a favela after June 30th because I'm not leaving the country without him.   I just don't understand why if I'm an american it takes over a year and a half to get a visa for my husband.   I even submitted a i129 to ask to just enter the country until it's finished and it was denied too.  I just don't know what to say.  If you do things the right way, you are just treated so badly.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Maybe a quick look at the definition of "Bureaucracy" would be helpful to you.  Seriously, although it seems ridiculous at times, it really will take as long as it takes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cynthia Reneau said:

Yea, that's what everyone needs pushbrk, to be beat with a stick when we are already down. Thanks! 

So, you would rather read sweet lies?  Really?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Mr. Bob, do you know it's 5 months for sure with NVC, or could it be longer?  We've been waiting for months and not even an interview or fee payment yet.  We are very worried because we need to go to the USA in just 3 months.  

1 hour ago, Cynthia Reneau said:

Our file was sent to NVC on January 29th. When we call it says, February 7th and they still say, "we apologize for any inconvenience but your file is still being entered in the system and has gone over the time, we hope to be able to help you soon.  We filed the i130 over 1 year ago and still don't have a visa.  My job here in Brazil is over June 15th and we will be homeless after the 30th of June.  I have asked for it to be expedited and they denied it.   No matter what, they will not help.   We don't even have a interview time or fee payment yet.  I suppose we will just live in a favela after June 30th because I'm not leaving the country without him.   I just don't understand why if I'm an american it takes over a year and a half to get a visa for my husband.   I even submitted a i129 to ask to just enter the country until it's finished and it was denied too.  I just don't know what to say.  If you do things the right way, you are just treated so badly.  

My case was sent to NVC on January 24th and received on January 31st, and I haven’t received the case number yet. I don’t think you will make it in the time frame that you have (by June 30th), so if I were you, I will start making alternative arrangements.

i know it is hard. I have to move to the States with the kids in July in order to get them enrolled in school. All along I thought end of July should be ok, but now i am afraid that the visa cannot be issued by then. I am starting to make all the arrangements for the move for me and kids  and unfortunately my hubbie may have to join later.

Timeline

aywang, I see it's difficult for you as well.  I hope it works out quickly for your and your family.  Unfortunately I can't and won't leave my husband, so we will wait here until it's ready. I hope within the 5 month range which will be late July.  We have to go to the USA, then I have to go to my next job which is in China.  We need to get his USA visa finished before we leave for work in China.  It's all very stressful. 

5 minutes ago, Cynthia Reneau said:

aywang, I see it's difficult for you as well.  I hope it works out quickly for your and your family.  Unfortunately I can't and won't leave my husband, so we will wait here until it's ready. I hope within the 5 month range which will be late July.  We have to go to the USA, then I have to go to my next job which is in China.  We need to get his USA visa finished before we leave for work in China.  It's all very stressful. 

I respect that.

anyway, have u started to get all your documents ready and scanned in?  That’s what you can do while you are waiting.  Since u will be going off to China, do you have a good intent to re-establish domicile in the US?  I think you need to proof that.  Also, if your husband will go with you to China, you may have trouble with the green card...as you are supposed to stay in the US with the green card...

just my 2 cents

Timeline
1 minute ago, aywang said:

I respect that.

anyway, have u started to get all your documents ready and scanned in?  That’s what you can do while you are waiting.  Since u will be going off to China, do you have a good intent to re-establish domicile in the US?  I think you need to proof that.  Also, if your husband will go with you to China, you may have trouble with the green card...as you are supposed to stay in the US with the green card...

just my 2 cents

All of the documents are ready we just are waiting for the appointment now. I own a home in the USA and I travel and live abroad for 2-3 months at a time and return to the usa for 2-3 weeks, he will be going with me while I work. We plan to live in the USA but not for 2 more years. I plan to seek work in the USA then.  He doesn't necessarily need a green card to work until then as long as he keeps his visa to travel with me or do you suggest that we apply for the green card since I own a home there?  I know I don't understand how everything works yet, so I am very grateful for any help or suggestions.

5 minutes ago, Cynthia Reneau said:

All of the documents are ready we just are waiting for the appointment now. I own a home in the USA and I travel and live abroad for 2-3 months at a time and return to the usa for 2-3 weeks, he will be going with me while I work. We plan to live in the USA but not for 2 more years. I plan to seek work in the USA then.  He doesn't necessarily need a green card to work until then as long as he keeps his visa to travel with me or do you suggest that we apply for the green card since I own a home there?  I know I don't understand how everything works yet, so I am very grateful for any help or suggestions.

I think ur embassy is Brazil. You have to scan your documents and upload them into NVC before they will set up your interview.

if you are applying spousal visa, u r applying for a green card. I think you should have just applied for a travel visa, which is normally granted for 10 years and you can stay up to 6 months...but a bit late for that...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.