26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, aywang said:

I think ur embassy is Brazil. You have to scan your documents and upload them into NVC before they will set up your interview.

if you are applying spousal visa, u r applying for a green card. I think you should have just applied for a travel visa, which is normally granted for 10 years and you can stay up to 6 months...but a bit late for that...

When I call they say that we are not in the system yet. They say that they have our file and they have a new system and are putting everyone in the system a new way. They apologize for the wait but that's all they will tell us.  I didn't apply for the tourist visa because 1 year ago we were only married 5 months and he didn't have a job. With Latin america they are very strict on who can get a travel visa.  If it is anyone that they think will be a problem and be an illegal immigrant they will not approve.  He didn't have a job at the time and no money, so they would not approve it.  I do believe we can maintain his green card even if I have to travel to china and work while he stays with my Sister and brother in law, until his English is better.  We own a home there, so I don't think it will be a problem.  What do you think?

1 minute ago, Cynthia Reneau said:

When I call they say that we are not in the system yet. They say that they have our file and they have a new system and are putting everyone in the system a new way. They apologize for the wait but that's all they will tell us.  I didn't apply for the tourist visa because 1 year ago we were only married 5 months and he didn't have a job. With Latin america they are very strict on who can get a travel visa.  If it is anyone that they think will be a problem and be an illegal immigrant they will not approve.  He didn't have a job at the time and no money, so they would not approve it.  I do believe we can maintain his green card even if I have to travel to china and work while he stays with my Sister and brother in law, until his English is better.  We own a home there, so I don't think it will be a problem.  What do you think?

I think you may run into problems given that u will be in China. It will depend on your consular officer interviewing ur husband.  Since it is a family reunion visa, hard to explain if the person who he is to be with is not there.  Owning a home doesn’t prove your domicile.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aywang said:

I think you may run into problems given that u will be in China. It will depend on your consular officer interviewing ur husband.  Since it is a family reunion visa, hard to explain if the person who he is to be with is not there.  Owning a home doesn’t prove your domicile.

This is great information. Thank you. I may decline this job in China and find a job in the USA right away. Thank you!! 

12 hours ago, Mr.Bob said:

People think once the petition is approved the wait is over. Nope. Set a 5 month goal with NVC and you won’t stress.

That 5 month goal, you are estimating just NVC not with the consulate/interview phase?

I've been reading quite a few stories of people really getting backed up with even just getting their case number.

27 minutes ago, ZakMrak said:

That 5 month goal, you are estimating just NVC not with the consulate/interview phase?

I've been reading quite a few stories of people really getting backed up with even just getting their case number.

I am one of them..10 weeks n no case number! 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, ZakMrak said:

Me too. 9 weeks and no case number.  Jan 29th. (which is on my letter and they conveniently changed to Feb 7)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 4/10/2018 at 11:29 PM, ZakMrak said:

The whole process NVC, Interview, Visa in hand.

21 hours ago, Mr.Bob said:

The whole process NVC, Interview, Visa in hand.

I would be willing to deal with that much of a wait, I'm just afraid it will go ~10 months based on some of the stuff I've read. :(

Just gotta hang in there..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 hours ago, ZakMrak said:

I would be willing to deal with that much of a wait, I'm just afraid it will go ~10 months based on some of the stuff I've read. :(

Just gotta hang in there..

I certainly hope it's not ~10 months. I survived Hellbraska (Nebraska). I'm hoping 5 months is more accurate. So far, been at NVC for 5 weeks waiting on a case number. All the required documentation has been sent to my lawyer, so hopefully once we get a case number the process will go quite fast. My husband's job contract is up at the end of June. Thankfully he already has a tourist VISA and could potentially wait out the time from the end of his job contract to the interview here.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

I certainly hope it's not ~10 months. I survived Hellbraska (Nebraska). I'm hoping 5 months is more accurate. So far, been at NVC for 5 weeks waiting on a case number. All the required documentation has been sent to my lawyer, so hopefully once we get a case number the process will go quite fast. My husband's job contract is up at the end of June. Thankfully he already has a tourist VISA and could potentially wait out the time from the end of his job contract to the interview here.

We are at 11 weeks waiting on a case number. Yesterday I called again and she said they finally see us in the system and was even able to see our case file. She said it's only 1-2 weeks from a case number.  The lady we talked to yesterday we very nice and informative.    We filed May 1, 2017 (really april, but this is what they said)  We honestly have been waiting for this whole ordeal almost 365 days.   My job ends Jun 15th and we have no more apartment and 1 have the leave the apartment by June 30th.  My husband does NOT have a tourist visa and cannot enter the USA, even if he did, we'd have to come back to Brazil to the interview.  I just cannot believe it's taking this long.. unbelievable!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.