LMDXB

K1 Visa Interview at US Embassy Abu Dhabi

363 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Asif & Misty said:

Hello Everyone

with the grace of God almighty we got our NOVA2 approved on September 5 2019 :)  Now waiting for NVC case Number . My question is regarding police clearness certificate. i am originally from Pakistan now from last three years working in Dubai UAE, so should i need to get police clearance certificates from both countries or only from UAE ? 

yes both country. 

6 hours ago, Asif & Misty said:

Hello Everyone

with the grace of God almighty we got our NOVA2 approved on September 5 2019 :)  Now waiting for NVC case Number . My question is regarding police clearness certificate. i am originally from Pakistan now from last three years working in Dubai UAE, so should i need to get police clearance certificates from both countries or only from UAE ? 

Congrats! Mubarak...My husband when we applied for his K-1 visa he was living in Abu Dhabi and he is from Pakistan. He did get his police clearance certificate from both Pakistani and UAE. I suggest you get both.

Best of luck and if you need guidance you can PM me.

Fari

06/07/19 - We became ONE!!! Court Wedding 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

07/13/19 - AOS Packet Mailed ✉️

07/14/19 - AOS Received 📫

07/20/19 - NOA1 Date 😊

08/08/19 - Biometric Appointment 🖐️

09/12/19 - REF for Birth Certificate 😓

09/17/19 - Sent in BC again with educational secondary evidence 😰

09/23/19 - REF Received 😩

01/27/20 - Case status changed to ready to schedule interview 😍

03/05/20 - Interview Date Approved ❤️

• 2 months later...

Has anyone gone to the Abu Dhabi Embassy recently for immigrant visa interviews. My parents will be going there and would be helpful to find out about other people's experiences

- What questions were asked, especially for parents sponsored by American citizens?

- Did they ask about health insurance (though I know there is a Federal court mandated stay on that rule)

- I see the instructions say that you can't bring any bags or phones. However they ask for a lot of documents which would be impossible to carry by hand, especially for elderly parents.

How strict are they about the no-bags policy and is there a locker by the embassy to leave the phones or are no phones allowed period?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 4/8/2019 at 6:15 PM, Steelers11 said:

Hello, everyone!  Anyone here still waiting for the P3 with February NOA dates and March "Ready at NVC"--- let's update each other! 

Hello Guys! 
we received the NOA-2 on Dec 3 by Mail (hard copy) , it’s been 20 days now and have not heard back from NVC for the case number. 
isn’t that suppose to happen first before P3 documents ? 
kindly let me know the exact steps please 

Thanks 🙏🏻 

• 3 weeks later...

We received our NOA2 Oct 15. Contacted the NVC via https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry regarding our case number and finally got a reply on November 18th with the case number. December 8 we received an email from the NVC they forwarded our packet to the embassy which they then received on the 13th. Was able to track the shipment using @Greenbaum 's technique from his pdf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view

Edited by lowpro

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 4:09 AM, RishDan said:

Hello Guys! 
we received the NOA-2 on Dec 3 by Mail (hard copy) , it’s been 20 days now and have not heard back from NVC for the case number. 
isn’t that suppose to happen first before P3 documents ? 
kindly let me know the exact steps please 

Thanks 🙏🏻 

you can call nvc for your case number. yes case num first then the nvx will forward your file to the US embassy then p3

On 1/23/2021 at 1:27 AM, j.b. said:

you can call nvc for your case number. yes case num first then the nvx will forward your file to the US embassy then p3

Thanks for your feedback @j.b.

we got our case number and when emailed NVC, they said will notify via email when our case is transferred to the Embassy in my country. 
I also emailed the embassy in UAE , they replied our case is not yet received. Will email when the case arrive here. 
The tracking was not working for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong there 😬

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, RishDan said:

Thanks for your feedback @j.b.

we got our case number and when emailed NVC, they said will notify via email when our case is transferred to the Embassy in my country. 
I also emailed the embassy in UAE , they replied our case is not yet received. Will email when the case arrive here. 
The tracking was not working for me. Maybe I’m doing something wrong there 😬

Hello 

Has anyone had the K-1 visa interview in US embassy in Abu Dhabi this year 2021??? 
my interview is on Monday April-19 at 10:30 am as per the appointment, should I go early or just be present at 10:30 am only ? 
just curious considering the new rules of social Distancing and covid protocols. 
if anyone have attended the K-1 interview during the pandemic and wiling to share their experiences would be very helpful. 
Thanks in Advance 

• 1 month later...

Hello! New to VJ here.

Just wanted to share our situation with you guys. Hope we could get some help. 

Please note that we hired a lawyer hoping for a smooth process.

Here's a timeline of our K1 Visa Application:

Nov. 16, 2019 - Notice of Action 1 

Mar. 05, 2020 - Notice of action 2 

Mar. 31, 2020 - NVC Case Number Assigned

Jun. 04, 2020 - Case Last Updated- "READY" (Note: we are told (lawyer) to apply for a DS-160 we did on Jun. 16, 2020)

Sep. 15, 2020 - Case Last Updated- "READY"

Oct. 06, 2020 -  Case Last Updated- "READY"

*No update received since then*

Emailed the USEM on November 2020. We were asked to check with them by mid January as they don't available slots for interview. Emailed them again on April 2021 and haven't gotten any response yet. We understood the reason of the delays. Anyone who could help us answer some of our questions?

- Is our case still valid?

- What will happen to the DS-160 we filed? Is it still valid?

- We did not receive any packet nor email yet

- I (applicant) lost the mobile number I provided in the information form to contact me. (I was worried that USEM might have contacted me to confirm the address for the packet 3 delivery)

Hope we could get some help with our situation. 

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
19 hours ago, FKEdwards said:

Hello. Did anyone receive a DS-5535 after their interview? If so, how did you resubmit it to the embassy? By mail or email? Thank you.

In case anyone else needs this information, the embassy confirmed that it’s to be returned by email. We had already sent it by email and FedEx by that point (just in case) but good to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello -- can anyone tell me if the consulate asks the applicant any questions about the DS-160, or is it just a document that we have to hand over to them just as a matter of procedure and be done with it?

I am only asking because my fiance put down the wrong work dates for one of his jobs, and now the interview is already scheduled and we cannot create a new DS-160 without cancelling the current appointment and rescheduling under a new DS-160 confirmation #. 

Can anyone please advise? Is this something that they pay great attention to during the interview or I am just worrying too much? Any help would be appreciated!!!

On 7/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, avaledo42 said:

Hello -- can anyone tell me if the consulate asks the applicant any questions about the DS-160, or is it just a document that we have to hand over to them just as a matter of procedure and be done with it?

I am only asking because my fiance put down the wrong work dates for one of his jobs, and now the interview is already scheduled and we cannot create a new DS-160 without cancelling the current appointment and rescheduling under a new DS-160 confirmation #. 

Can anyone please advise? Is this something that they pay great attention to during the interview or I am just worrying too much? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Hi, need not to worry if one of the work dates is mistakenly put in DS-160. As for my experience, they just asked the document. During my  interview itself, the consular officer only asked how long have i been in UAE and the rest of the questions are purely about me and my now husband. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

My Fiancee (Filipino) is currently living and working in Abu Dhabi.  Her work contract ends in late-2021.  I-129F is currently being processed.  Estimated NOA2 is maybe Feb-Mar 2022.

1. If she were able to get a visitor visa, after completing her work contract, anyone know whether she would be able to interview (K-1) in Abu Dhabi.

2. (Similar to above)...  How about if Philippines still doesn't allow entry from travelers originating in UAE?  Thoughts on whether she would be able to interview (K-1) in Abu Dhabi?

With the Manila backlog, being able to interview in Abu Dhabi would seem to be a quicker option, but, again, not sure if they will allow, if she is under 'visitor' status, after completion of work contract.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• 4 months later...

Hi VJ Team!

Has anyone recently scheduled an appointment?

I’m checking the Visa support website for Abu Dhabi and I only see No Availablr Appointments for my K visa.

I wonder if they release appointments every so often or if it’s on hold.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.