heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Knops said:

she admitted that they are really really back uped at the moment....

At least she's honest, I guess. Reading all the comments here have made me really nervous. I mean, good to know it's not a personal error, but on the other hand, having them tell people to resend and not being able to find their application is very worrying. 

2 minutes ago, jackiewackie said:

At least she's honest, I guess. Reading all the comments here have made me really nervous. I mean, good to know it's not a personal error, but on the other hand, having them tell people to resend and not being able to find their application is very worrying. 

It worries me to death. I live here in the South-West where you have a Border Patrol Station on every corner. Not having a valid GC or something that shows that I am legaly in this country has me on detention right away! And maybe sent back to Germany.

ROC sent to CSC - 04/02/2018

ROC recieved by CSC - 04/06/2018

Money Order cashed - 05/23/2018

NOA in mail - 05/25/2018 :dance:

18 month extension letter in mail - 08/27/2018

Biometric Appointment waved - 03/09/2019

Letter in mail that case got approved - 05/03/2019

New Green Card in Mail - 05/06/2019 :dance::dancing:

8 minutes ago, Knops said:

It worries me to death. I live here in the South-West where you have a Border Patrol Station on every corner. Not having a valid GC or something that shows that I am legaly in this country has me on detention right away! And maybe sent back to Germany.

This is my biggest concern at the moment as well. If we wont receive NOA before our green cards expire, are we going to become illegal immigrants? 

3 minutes ago, Jenny2104 said:

This is my biggest concern at the moment as well. If we wont receive NOA before our green cards expire, are we going to become illegal immigrants? 

You are deportable - yes. Or you pay an crazy expensive lawyer. We can not even prove that we send the I-751 -there is no proof at all that we are still legaly here. And without any legal document they can do whatever. And the Border Patrol is something you don't mess around with. They had people for smaller reasons already in detention for weeks.

Edited by Knops

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Luana and Andrew said:

VSC and they received the form 04/12.

I'm so glad to see this. VSC received my on the 13th so I'm almost there! lol

15 minutes ago, Jenny2104 said:

From my understanding, NO, you definitely do not become illegal or anything like that. Your green card expires, but you are still a permanent resident and your status does not change. If you filed within the 90 day window, I am sure you will be fine once these guys finally get around to processing the cases. And in the unlikely scenario that you have to submit your filing again, I am sure they will not penalize you since you did submit the original on time. And again, I think this whole idea of case files getting lost willy nilly is outrageous.

4 minutes ago, JMDI said:

From my understanding, NO, you definitely do not become illegal or anything like that. Your green card expires, but you are still a permanent resident and your status does not change. If you filed within the 90 day window, I am sure you will be fine once these guys finally get around to processing the cases. And in the unlikely scenario that you have to submit your filing again, I am sure they will not penalize you since you did submit the original on time. And again, I think this whole idea of case files getting lost willy nilly is outrageous.

Again - that is the case when you are living deep in the USA. Here with all the Border Patrol Stations I would be in deep trouble without any legit proof! Which I dont have after the GC is expired and I am not in the system of the USCIS. No matter where I go here - I have to go through one of these stations. and they always check my papers very carefully! Telling them -Oh but I have aplied - won't work with them -trust me! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Knops said:

You are deportable - yes. Or you pay an crazy expensive lawyer. We can not even prove that we send the I-751 -there is no proof at all that we are still legaly here. And without any legal document they can do whatever. And the Border Patrol is something you don't mess around with. They had people for smaller reasons already in detention for weeks.

And this is exactly why they should feel a sense of duty to inform the public about their huge delay. But no...no acknowledgement. 

I've been watching this thread closely... sadly with my husband working and I ended up coming down with a bad flu so we never managed to send our ROC out in April, but instead they received it on May 4th. My husband's GC will expire mid-June. What happens if we don't receive an NOA1 by then? He has a critically important job. We don't want him to do anything illegal but he cannot stop working if we don't receive anything in time? Will he get in trouble?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

43 minutes ago, Maralba said:

He then asked me for my email address (which I repeated 15 thousand times to make sure there were no mistakes, I felt so dumb) and said he would email CSC to prompt them to expedite the case. He told me to make sure to check my email daily and that I would receive an email from CSC in the next 5 business days. 

After this I mentioned him that my GC is about to expire in 3 days and asked him if this would be a problem (as in: "oh, you submitted a late application"). Guess what, completely different answer than the one given to me yesterday by the "nice" representative: "as long as you have your receipt and tracking number you are good to go, hold on to that one tightly, because I can see it was received", these were his words.

Good news Maralba!! Looks like i'll have to head in early to work tomorrow to call as well. A much better response than the previous person, and sounds like he is actively doing something to help with the situation. 

29 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I've been watching this thread closely... sadly with my husband working and I ended up coming down with a bad flu so we never managed to send our ROC out in April, but instead they received it on May 4th. My husband's GC will expire mid-June. What happens if we don't receive an NOA1 by then? He has a critically important job. We don't want him to do anything illegal but he cannot stop working if we don't receive anything in time? Will he get in trouble?

As long as nobody is asking questions - I guess not. So many are in the states illegaly for years and years. And they are working. And apying their taxes. And live their lives. As I said - aslong as yourun into no whatever control and nobody is asking questions - it should be no problem.

BUT - I really, really hope that they start working on the cases pretty soon again and we all get our NOAs in time! I think the next time wehn I call the CSC I just gonna start crying - my motherin law is doing that all the time no matter where she gos and it sure helps a lot :D She even got off a huge doctor bill one time...

Edited by Knops

6 minutes ago, Knops said:

BUT - I really, really hope that they start working on the cases pretty soon again and we all get our NOAs in time! I think the next time wehn I call the CSC I just gonna start crying - my motherin law is doing that all the time no matter where she gos and it sure helps a lot :D She even got off a huge doctor bill one time...

Your MIL is a bomb LOL!!!! couldn't apply for guys! LOL!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.