dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, shernandez239 said:

i am still waiting for my husband to get his interview( cc 2.9.18) I will be going to with my husband to juarez, i was really nervous about going there also. but i have read about some many peoples comments on there experience( on this web site and others) and how they felt safe around the area the consulate, it made me feel better about going there.

I think you should go, just be very vigilant about your surrounding. I want the experience of going and knowing what is happening in "real time" instead of waiting on phone calls and text messages. You will be fine!

Edited by Faithunlimited

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 minutes ago, shernandez239 said:

i am still waiting for my husband to get his interview( cc 2.9.18) I will be going to with my husband to juarez, i was really nervous about going there also. but i have read about some many peoples comments on there experience( on this web site and others) and how they felt safe around the area the consulate, it made me feel better about going there.

Yes, have you called NVC

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Faithunlimited said:

It took me 9 months to write the waiver and compile all of the evidence that was needed, then 8 months to receive the approval. I found out I was approved by putting our "MSC" receipt number into the USCIS site, check my status. The offical approval letter/paperwork came in the mail about a week later. When you get your waiver approval, make sure that USCIS sends it to NVC. Our waiver did not get sent and I had to stay on them as of course, my husband cant leave the country without that. Contact NVC and ask them if they have the waiver once it gets approved. If they dont, you may have to get a supervisor involved. USCIS will try to make you pay for an I824 (which we did, but to no avail), when all you really need is to contact NVC and let them handle getting it from USCIS. 

The forum Immigrate2us.net was EXTREMELY helpful when writing the waiver. They had examples of good waiver, examples of bad waivers to let you know what to do and what not to do. I thank God for finding that place. The link is listed below. Please have your mom, or someone else check the I601 or I601A waiver forums before she submits her waiver. They also do RFE's for waiver, but thank my God we did not get one. We received a straight out approval, no additional information required. I have included the link below. 

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/index.php

I really hope this info is helpful. God bless you. We are almost finished-to HIM and HIM alone be the glory!

Thank you I will check it out. 

Yes all this waiting time needs patience from our part and having faith that is what keeps us going. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Paola93 said:

Yes, have you called NVC

i haven't call today yet 

i really think we not going to get our interview until June

i read people had interview schedule at the end of may already, i think May might be full

1 minute ago, aleska said:

Our journey is over!

My wife just had the interview in Jakarta yesterday and we are thrillled that she passed very easily. I was able to accompany her which made her so much more confident. We prepped for hours beforehand, doing multiple mock interviews and practicing using our pictures and proof of my domicile. In the end, the interview was super easy, and lasted only about 5 mins. We were in and out of the embassy in Jakarta in about an hour (after waiting in line for 30 mins outside the embassy).

Questions Asked (Applicant):

1. What is your name and date/place of birth?
  2. Have you ever lived outside of Indonesia?
  3. What was the date of your wedding?
  4. Where and when did you meet your husband?
  5. How long did you date your husband before you were married?
  6. Can you show me some pictures of the wedding?

Questions Asked (Petitioner):

1. Is your father the joint sponsor?
  2. Did your family attend the wedding in Indonesia?

Then he simply said, "I see no signs of fraud at all. Your file is very organized and makes it very easy to give you an approval. Congratulations! Your visa is approved!"

thanks so so much to VisaJourney members who encouraged us along the way, and especially to @Salin for the wiki that helped make our file so organized.

Hoping everyone gets their approvals quickly!

Alex and Eska

Very nice! Congrats, now go be happy and stuff :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aleska said:

Our journey is over!

My wife just had the interview in Jakarta yesterday and we are thrillled that she passed very easily. I was able to accompany her which made her so much more confident. We prepped for hours beforehand, doing multiple mock interviews and practicing using our pictures and proof of my domicile. In the end, the interview was super easy, and lasted only about 5 mins. We were in and out of the embassy in Jakarta in about an hour (after waiting in line for 30 mins outside the embassy).

Questions Asked (Applicant):

1. What is your name and date/place of birth?
  2. Have you ever lived outside of Indonesia?
  3. What was the date of your wedding?
  4. Where and when did you meet your husband?
  5. How long did you date your husband before you were married?
  6. Can you show me some pictures of the wedding?

Questions Asked (Petitioner):

1. Is your father the joint sponsor?
  2. Did your family attend the wedding in Indonesia?

Then he simply said, "I see no signs of fraud at all. Your file is very organized and makes it very easy to give you an approval. Congratulations! Your visa is approved!"

thanks so so much to VisaJourney members who encouraged us along the way, and especially to @Salin for the wiki that helped make our file so organized.

Hoping everyone gets their approvals quickly!

Alex and Eska

Congrats!! WHat documents did they take from you?

Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-12-24
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-13
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2017-12-05
NVC Received : 2018-01-19
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-01-03
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-01-12
Submit DS-261 : 2018-01-02
Receive IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-01-09
Send IV Package : 2018-01-13
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : Pending
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-02-20
NVC Left : Pending
Consulate Received : Pending
Packet 3 Received : Pending
Packet 3 Sent : Pending
Packet 4 Received : Pending
Interview Date : April 27, 2018
Interview Result :

3 minutes ago, Curiousmind said:

Congrats!! WHat documents did they take from you?

They only asked for our original marriage certificate, my wife's birth certificate, and her passport. We brought a W-2 but they said they didn't need it (we got a checklist for it when the file left the NVC). VERY easy on the paperwork. I thought I'd at least have to show proof of domicile cause I've lived in Indonesia for 7 years. Nope. We had, of course, sent that to the NVC already, so I guess that was enough.

Dec 23, 2016 - Married!

USCIS - Nebraska Service Center

Mar 3, 2017 - I-130 Package Sent from Bandung, Indonesia

Mar 7, 2017 - NOA1

Dec 27, 2017 - NOA2 & Case sent to NVC

NVC

Jan 5, 2018 - Case Received at NVC

Jan 18, 2018 - Case Number assigned

Jan 19, 2018 - Received Case # & IIN by Phone

Jan 23, 2018 - DS-261 Available & Submitted

Jan 25, 2018 - AOS Fee Invoiced & Paid

Jan 30, 2018 - IV Fee Invoiced & Paid

Jan 30, 2018 - AOS & IV Packets Sent

Feb 1, 2018 - AOS & IV Packets Arrived at NVC

Feb 2, 2018 - DS-260 Available & Submitted

Feb 5, 2018 - Scan Date

Feb 28, 2018 - Case Complete

Consulate and US

April 4, 2018 - Interview Date

April 30, 2018 - POE Washington D.C.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, shernandez239 said:

i haven't call today yet 

i really think we not going to get our interview until June

i read people had interview schedule at the end of may already, i think May might be full

yeah i was thinking that too.

sucks we have to wait another month. i was hoping the interview in may would have been my bday present. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Paola93 said:

I wish him the very best.

How long did the I601A take ? My mom is getting ready to send out her waiver.

I have read in here of others experience they felt safe but the thought of all the violence going on right now in Mexico it's scary. 

Are 601a was submitted at the very end of October, received November 2nd. We just got a case closed on March 23rd. We are now awaiting interview.

Anyone waiting for an interview to be scheduled at the London Consulate? 

I called NVC today and they confirmed CC: 4th April 2018 

Hoping to get an interview date for May. 

Best wishes to all :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Nellybee said:

Happy Easter to you too. Have u gotten your interview date yet? Mine is coming up soon and I'm super nervous. 

Hello, yes! May 3rd. I’m also nervous and very tensed. I pray it works out well. When is yours? Wishing you success. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Eclipz19 said:

Are 601a was submitted at the very end of October, received November 2nd. We just got a case closed on March 23rd. We are now awaiting interview.

have you called nvc if you have received a interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.