devblt

The Boeing 737 stuck in city road

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Residents of the Indian city of Mumbai (Bombay) are wondering how long it will take to remove a disused Boeing 737 that has been abandoned in a busy road.

The decommissioned aircraft was being driven through the city at the weekend when the driver got lost and then abandoned the plane.

The Boeing used to belong to the private company Air Sahara.

Some locals are angry that no action is being taken to move the plane. Others say it is a tourist attraction.

It appears that after taking a wrong turn, the driver found himself facing a flyover that was too low for him to take the plane under.

The driver has not been seen since and no-one is assuming responsibility for the 737.

Sunday surprise

Restaurant owner Ramji Thapar is one of the puzzled residents of the Chembur area of the city.

He woke up Sunday morning to find the aircraft on a giant trailer abandoned on the road.

"Saturday night I shut shop and go home and everything is fine," he told the BBC news website.

"Sunday morning when I get here, this aircraft is here near my restaurant!"

The fuselage of the decommissioned aircraft, with the engine, wings and tail removed, was being taken by road to the capital Delhi late on Saturday night.

Reports say it was supposed to be used at a flight training academy.

The plane has become the centre of attraction with people coming from all over the city to take a look.

"I've been fascinated with planes and never seen one so closely," engineering student Vamsi Shastri said. "It's huge!"

His friend Ankur Rane said, "It's fascinating to see an airplane on the roads when one is only used to seeing cars and auto rickshaws."

However, for Pradeep Malhotra, who runs a catering service in the area, the plane has become a huge problem because it is parked right in front of his shop.

"My work is suffering because the food cannot be loaded in the big vehicles," he said.

"I have to load it in the smaller vans and then carry them to the bigger ones parked at the back.

"I don't know how they are going to take it out because you can't reverse it, its too big, and you can't go further down the road."

Some residents said they had not complained simply because they assumed that the authorities would be making it a priority to get the plane out of the city.

Five days on, it is still not clear who is responsible for the aircraft and its transfer to Delhi.

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

time to start stripping it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Is this a joke lol too damn funny.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Is this a joke lol too damn funny.

No it's not.. i forgot to add the source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6620461.stm

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

It's now been moved

Abandoned Boeing 737 'disappears'

By Monica Chadha

BBC News, Mumbai

A disused Indian Boeing 737 that was abandoned in a busy road in Mumbai (Bombay) last weekend has been moved.

The plane was taken overnight from the Chembur district where it had been left by a driver who was taking it by trailer to Delhi.

It is not clear who has moved it or where it has been taken.

The decommissioned Boeing had become the centre of attraction in the city. But some people complained that it was disrupting business.

It appears that the plane was abandoned after the driver took a wrong turn and found himself facing a flyover that was too low for him to take the plane under.

The driver then disappeared and the plane and its trailer were marooned for several days while no-one assumed responsibility for moving it.

Sunday surprise

"I'm thrilled to see that it is gone," one woman, Shaila Kachare, told the BBC News website. "Life's back to normal."

Its engine, wings and tail were removed before it began its road journey to Delhi.

Restaurant owner Ramji Thapar woke up on Sunday morning to find the aircraft on its giant trailer abandoned on the road.

"Saturday night I shut shop and go home and everything is fine," he told the BBC news website.

Pradeep Malhotra, who runs a catering service in the area, said the plane had become a huge problem because it was parked right in front of his shop, preventing him loading his lorries.

Some residents said they had not complained simply because they assumed that the authorities would be making it a priority to get the plane out of the city.

Most likely explanation (I pilfered from a 1982 Times of India caption on aftermath of train-accident in Prayag) is that vandals saw (and quickly dismantled) the 737--and are now in-process of selling the pieces.

Edited by CherryXS

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

There has to be some money in the salvage :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

There has to be some money in the salvage :wacko:

Yes, the vandals (see my earlier post that the plane had been moved "mysteriously") can always sell the pieces (the scrap metal, plastic and fabric) for pittances--enough to get 1 day (to 1 week) of provisions.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

It's now been moved
Abandoned Boeing 737 'disappears'

By Monica Chadha

BBC News, Mumbai

A disused Indian Boeing 737 that was abandoned in a busy road in Mumbai (Bombay) last weekend has been moved.

The plane was taken overnight from the Chembur district where it had been left by a driver who was taking it by trailer to Delhi.

It is not clear who has moved it or where it has been taken.

The decommissioned Boeing had become the centre of attraction in the city. But some people complained that it was disrupting business.

It appears that the plane was abandoned after the driver took a wrong turn and found himself facing a flyover that was too low for him to take the plane under.

The driver then disappeared and the plane and its trailer were marooned for several days while no-one assumed responsibility for moving it.

Sunday surprise

"I'm thrilled to see that it is gone," one woman, Shaila Kachare, told the BBC News website. "Life's back to normal."

Its engine, wings and tail were removed before it began its road journey to Delhi.

Restaurant owner Ramji Thapar woke up on Sunday morning to find the aircraft on its giant trailer abandoned on the road.

Pradeep Malhotra, who runs a catering service in the area, said the plane had become a huge problem because it was parked right in front of his shop, preventing him loading his lorries.

Most likely explanation (I pilfered from a 1982 Times of India caption on aftermath of train-accident in Prayag) is that vandals saw (and quickly dismantled) the 737--and are now in-process of selling the pieces.

whoa they are good

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

• 4 weeks later...

Have you guys seen the scene in Lord of War where the Africans strip the plane in less than four hours?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Now that is something you don't see every day lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM