Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, kylat4n said:

My co-worker who filed N400 in March 2019 from Federal Way and already got scheduled for the interview at Portland, Oregon in October 2019, so his timeline only 7 months total. I filed in November 2018 from Renton still hear nothing at all. Apparently USCIS skips line for some applicants.

See my previous chart on the wait time. For cases that get transferred to Portland, the wait time has been coming down to just 200-220 days (7 months) for March 2019 filers. So, this is not a surprise for Portland cases.

For your filing in November 2018, assuming that your case gets transferred to Yakima, you are looking at around 370 days (12 months) of wait time until interview. 

image.png.0da8964942496cc4822353d7add5c260.png

1 hour ago, Sukhdeen Niwas said:

Hello - Thanks to everyone on this thread - it has been a great help.

I had filed my N400 on June 9, 2018 and got interview letter about 3 weeks ago [around Sep 1].

My interview is today around noon - I will update you folks how it went.  

I hope it went well! I filled on the same date as you, still waiting to get scheduled. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We filed in Nov 2018. Live in Vancouver, WA. We had our interview in May 2019. Last Saturday the Portland field office swore in 540 new citizens that lived in the state of Washington at the Olympia center.

I'm not sure what is going on at Portland, but they seem to be collecting cases for mass oath swear ins. Who knows.

Visa Received: 2015-03-02 (K1 - See timeline for details)
US Entry: 2015-04-09
POE: Portland, OR
Marriage: 2015-06-20
I-485/I-756 Sent: 2015-06-30
EAD Card Received: 2015-10-02    
I-485 Approval: 2016-01-13
Greencard Received: 2016-01-23

I-751 Filed ROC: 2017-10-18

I-751 Received NOA1 18mo. Extension: 2018-10-16

N-400 Filed Online: 2018-11-25

I-751 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

N-400 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

Citizenship Oath: 2019-09-21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Seattle_ite said:

It's just so random.. Like Russian roulette. Sept 2018 here from the Eastside and no updates after biometrics. 

Same situation here. Applied on Sep 2018, living in Eastside and haven’t heard anything after biometrics yet. Today my wait time came down from two months to 30 days 

Edited by Roeentan

6 minutes ago, Roeentan said:

Same situation here. Applied on Sep 2018, living in Eastside and haven’t heard anything after biometrics yet. Today my wait time came down from two months to 30 days 

1 hour ago, Seattle_ite said:

It's just so random.. Like Russian roulette. Sept 2018 here from the Eastside and no updates after biometrics. 

Edited by Seattle_ite

4 hours ago, cttd said:

Are you a combo filler with I-751 pending as well?

Does that really make the process slower? I applied early June 2018 for N400 and May 2017 for I751 and still waiting. I talked to USCIS customer service and the officer said they attempted to schedule me for N400 interview but cancelled due to pending I751. He said I751 was transferred to National Benefits Center and that it could take another 11 months to process which makes no sense since I've been waiting for that one for 28 months already. I'm waiting for second tier officer to call me to schedule an info pass. I thought they just schedule you for N400 when it's your turn and do a combined interview, unless they've changed something recently. Anyone else in similar situation?

Edited by washingtonian

47 minutes ago, washingtonian said:

Does that really make the process slower? I applied early June 2018 for N400 and May 2017 for I751 and still waiting. I talked to USCIS customer service and the officer said they attempted to schedule me for N400 interview but cancelled due to pending I751. He said I751 was transferred to National Benefits Center and that it could take another 11 months to process which makes no sense since I've been waiting for that one for 28 months already. I'm waiting for second tier officer to call me to schedule an info pass. I thought they just schedule you for N400 when it's your turn and do a combined interview, unless they've changed something recently. Anyone else in similar situation?

I'm on the same boat here. Filed I751 June 2017 and still waiting. 

I filled N400 July 2018. 

People who filled I751 around same time in June 2017 already got their 10 year GC last year.

In my last infopass appointment, the officer told me due since I filled N400, they pause i751 and would wait for a combined interview. 

I have scheduled another infopass in October to get another I551 stamp. I will check again with them. 

1 hour ago, cttd said:

I'm on the same boat here. Filed I751 June 2017 and still waiting. 

I filled N400 July 2018. 

People who filled I751 around same time in June 2017 already got their 10 year GC last year.

In my last infopass appointment, the officer told me due since I filled N400, they pause i751 and would wait for a combined interview. 

I have scheduled another infopass in October to get another I551 stamp. I will check again with them. 

Yea, I'm going to get a stamp as well. Hopefully they can resolve this quickly. It just doesn't make sense why would they cancel it. It's supposed to be combined. I'm gonna ask them. I have also filled an inquiry for i751. 

Edited by washingtonian

2 minutes ago, washingtonian said:

Yea, I'm going to get a stamp as well. Hopefully they can resolve this quickly. It just doesn't make sense why would they cancel it. It's supposed to be combined. I'm gonna ask them.

Hi Washingtonian and cttd,

After reading both or your posts, I kept wondering does USCIS take longer N400 processing for people like us who are combo filers?

My ROC case was sent in November 2017 (almost 22 months!) and N400 in October 2018.

My case estimated case completion (according to myUSCIS) is February 2020, which means 16 months since I will have filed the N400.

Are there any combo I-751/N-400 filers in this forum?

Is the estimated date of completion accurate? Have you seen other ROC/N400 cases and observed that takes longer?

I need a Valium!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.