Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Decent80 said:

I’m just wondering what are the risks involved with travel in terms of n400 application. During the last 5 years we have been out of country just 80 days. Are there risks which I’m not thinking about?

I am pretty sure you already established the required residency to be eligible for naturalization, since you were eligible to travel. I think travelling for few weeks, probably not gonna hurt. You have to consider:

• You have to declare your travel between your application and interview, so remember to do that 
  • What happens if your interview time came and you are out of country, I heard you can reschedule, but there might be complications 
  • If your interview was scheduled as you are already back here, you have to establish a 14 day quarantine, if you did not yet, you may have to call and reschedule. 

35 minutes ago, Alpa Alpa said:

They sent it to me by mail, It took 3 weeks to receive it from the day I got the message on my phone until arrived the letter. But you can print from the document in case you don't receive it.  

Thanks. I’ll keep an eye on my mail and documents. I submitted my application on 1/29/2021. How long did it take for you to get the biometric notification? 

On 3/27/2021 at 6:00 AM, vsky said:

I filed on 11/19/2019. Interview is scheduled for 4/26

That's a wonderful news! its second update in a raw that improves the waiting for notification days from average of 510 days to 493 days! 

@vsky Can you please update this timeline in our N-400 Seattle Tracker that's will helps us all  (I will happily update it behalf of you if its okay with you) 

also this post can be great friendly reminder about the existence of this great tool.

9 hours ago, nikgon said:

Any updates on whether the Seattle office currently does the judicial ceremony or not? Still hesitating whether it's worth doing the name change through the court prior to the oath or not.

Also, does anyone know if you could bring a naturalization certificate to the Post Office in your old name with a county court name change certificate to the new name and request the passport in the new name?

I highly recommend that you get your name changed before going to the interview. I got it changed at Seattle courthouse and it was quick and easy.

21 hours ago, Bd1981 said:

Hello - did any of you recently received biometric interview letter instead of reuse letter? I noticed most of Seattle applicants received biometric reuse letter within a month lately. I think I might have to appear for biometric interview since never given my biometric in USCIS office in USA. Would like to know if anyone received the biometric interview letter lately. Thanks 

I was at the USCIS Seattle office last week for my interview and oath. There were people there doing biometrics. Not as many as when I applied for citizenship before COVID appeared. But for those who have never done biometrics before in the US (e.g. those who arrived with an IR-1 visa so did not need to do AOS or ROC) they will have to have a biometrics appointment as there is nothing to reuse. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, JFH said:

I was at the USCIS Seattle office last week for my interview and oath. There were people there doing biometrics. Not as many as when I applied for citizenship before COVID appeared. But for those who have never done biometrics before in the US (e.g. those who arrived with an IR-1 visa so did not need to do AOS or ROC) they will have to have a biometrics appointment as there is nothing to reuse. 

Thanks@JFH. Hoping to get the biometric letter soon. Wondering if I should  start calling USCIS to send me the letter or they will send me it automatically like ‘reuse letter’.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/28/2021 at 7:20 PM, Alpa Alpa said:

I applied on 7/18/20 and I did my bio on 9/10/20.

Interesting! I filed on 6/20/20 and have never got any notification about my biometrics as of now. Not even biometrics reuse notice, I guess I should call them and ask

11 hours ago, ayshak said:

i have a passport appointment at usps redmond tomorrow that i dont need anymore. Before I cancel I would like to see if anyone else need that slot. Happy to provide details. Thanks 

I’d love to have it if it’s in the afternoon. Would really appreciate. DMed you. 

Edited by nikgon

19 minutes ago, TamHMB said:

There is something coming to my main box this Friday from USCIS. But I did not see anything reflect on the website. It's said USCIS - Lee's Summit Production facility did anyone receive anything lately? 

I applied May 2020

I got my biometric reused Dec 14th 2020

My case estimation is sep 2021 

Interesting! Let us know when you get it please.

2 hours ago, GiannaGigi said:

How do you get a hold of someone at uscis? I’ve been trying to call and the automated line hangs up on me and won’t connect me to anyone. It’s the most aggravating experience. I feel stumped! Any magic words that’ll get me through?

Say "Infopass" when you call. The automated system connected me to a Tier 1 agent after I said that word.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.