Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, k3vin said:

I just saw my estimated case completion time on the USCIS website jumped from November 2021 (11 months) to June 2021 (6 months), 5 months early than the original estimate. Should I be excited or it is just a system glitch?

I filed in Aug 2020. Still haven’t received the biometrics letter yet.

They started using previous biometrics. look at the documents tab and see if they sent you a letter that they will reuse your biometrics. Maybe this is why it jumped back as they now have your biometric, however the estimation is not realistic. I applied Jan 2020 and estimation still the same May 2021, 5 month from now. I wish you luck. 

20 hours ago, k3vin said:

I just saw my estimated case completion time on the USCIS website jumped from November 2021 (11 months) to June 2021 (6 months), 5 months early than the original estimate. Should I be excited or it is just a system glitch?

Interesting. Likely your biometrics will be re-used due to COVID-19 and the aim to reduce the number of people walking in and out of USCIS offices. 

My estimated complete time has not changed. Still shows January 2021. I filed September 2019. I am doubtful it will be done in that time.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I filed in October 2019 and fingerprinted in November 2019. Was thinking I should have gotten an interview date in January 2021. But from the N400 timeline it looks like a few people who filed in July 2019 just got interview dates in January 2021. Sigh, are we looking at a 3 month delay in the Seattle's office?

Edited by ReasonableOrange8

51 minutes ago, ReasonableOrange8 said:

I filed in October 2019 and fingerprinted in November 2019. Was thinking I should have gotten an interview date in January 2021. But from the N400 timeline it looks like a few people who filed in July 2019 just got interview dates in January 2021. Sigh, are we looking at a 3 month delay in the Seattle's office?

It’s looking like that. I filed September 2019 and my estimated case completion date still shows January 2021 but I just know that’s not going to be the case. I think in Seattle we can all safely add another three months to the estimated completion date on the USCIS site. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
On 12/27/2020 at 9:45 AM, k3vin said:

Same here, or even better. My estimated case completion date jumped back from November 2021 , and now showing May 2021. Filed in August 2020.

We all may have doubts about reality of this new date of case completion , but it definitely progress!

My interview is just scheduled today.
I applied on August 12, 2019 and completed the biometrics on September 5, 2019.

December 30, 2020

Interview Was Scheduled

On December 30, 2020, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I filed in April 2020 and no letter biometric yet. However I see something weird on the USCIS page when i log in. 

1. at the bottom there is a like that says: "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time."
  2. On case history page it says "Invalid date Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed".
  3. on documents page when I click on "View case snapshot" I get an error saying "We could not download the file. Try again in a few minutes.". not the browser, is an error on the website.

Is any of this normal?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Newage said:

December 30, 2020

Interview Was Scheduled

On December 30, 2020, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

Congrats!

4 hours ago, TamHMB said:

Mine jump from sept 2021 to March 2021. 

Reused biometric on Dec 14th

But Seattle is so slow. So idk if this tiemline is realistic at all. But again out of any of us control. 

Just fingercrossed and hope for the best. 

And processing times in USCIS website now is 17-24 months.

14 hours ago, Newage said:

December 30, 2020

Interview Was Scheduled

Wonderful news! Do you see the document online with the interview letter or just the case status update?

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.