bellanna711971

Interent Relationships

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone. I was very pleased to find this site. :dance:

My fiance and I met on the internet about a yar ago. We have been talking every since, and have come to love eachother very much (L) . We havent been able to meet in person just yet because I am in college and working. We plan on filing a I-29F form soon as I get the money. But I wonder if the embassy will grant us the visa, since we have not met in personj yet :help: .

Peter and I talk on the phone and have webcameras that use everyday to see eachother live.

To make matters more urgent, we want a baby. But When I was 17 I was diagnosed with Ploysytic Ovary Disease. And my doctors told me that the longer I wait the harder it will be for me to have achild until it is impossible :crying::( .

Does anyone have any information for us, or have filed for their fiance that they met over the internet? I'd appreciate any advice you could give thanks..... :yes:

I have polycystic ovary syndrome as well and as far as I know, I wont have any problems when trying to get preagnant, well of course you will need to be under treatment for a while, but this is nothing serious around 30% of women have it, Im sorry to tell you but this wont help you out with your visa, I remember I've seen threads here talking about this syndrome, you should take a look.

Good luck

Edited by carla-justin

20/Dec/06 I-129F sent to TSC

06/Jan/07 transfered to the CSC

15/Jan/07 I-129F sent to CSC

18/Jan/07 NOA1

03/May/07 NOA2

04/May/07 touched

07/May/07 NVC recived

09/May/07 left NVC

15/May/07 NOA2 hard copy

17/May/07 Package 3 recived

31/May/07 medical exams

04/Jun/07 interview, approved!!

06/Jun/07 visa in hand

10/Jun/07 going home

14/Jun/07 wedding

22/Jun/07 SSN name changed

27/Jul/07 filed for AOS

30/Jul/07 Chicago recived

01/Nov/07 called 911 domestic abuse

05/Nov/07 police came to help me to get my stuff out of the house

07//Nov/07 Biometrics

19/Nov/07 EAC

??/Dec/07 injunction granted against him

??/Jan/08 failure to interview

??/Feb/08 Notice from immigration: 30 days to leave the country before removal procedures start

01/Apr/08 I-360 NOA1

29/Aug/08 I-360, I-765,I485 NOA1 (my attorney sent a new I360...???)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My fiance and I met on the internet about a yar ago. We have been talking every since, and have come to love eachother very much (L) . We havent been able to meet in person just yet because I am in college and working. We plan on filing a I-29F form soon as I get the money. But I wonder if the embassy will grant us the visa, since we have not met in personj yet :help: .

Peter and I talk on the phone and have webcameras that use everyday to see eachother live.

To make matters more urgent, we want a baby. But When I was 17 I was diagnosed with Ploysytic Ovary Disease. And my doctors told me that the longer I wait the harder it will be for me to have achild until it is impossible :crying::( .

Does anyone have any information for us, or have filed for their fiance that they met over the internet? I'd appreciate any advice you could give thanks..... :yes:

First of all, if you have not yet met in person and you file the I 129f, it will not be the embassy you will have to worry about. The service center in the US will be the one who rejects your I 129f petition. You won't make it to the embassy (rather, consulate) stage.

MANY of us here (myself included!) met our fiance/e's on the internet. But we also made sure to meet them face to face as well (several times, in fact - at least in my case). I'm not sure why you would even want to get engaged to someone you've never met in person, but hey - maybe I'm funny that way.

If a couple who has not met in person applies and is approved, it would likely be because they did not meet due to some sort of religious stipulation.

There are a few irrefutable rules that are required when attempting to obtain a fiance/e visa - the main one being that you have met in person in the past 2 years. Being a poor college kid does not exempt you from that rule. (Seeing each other 'live' every day on a webcam will not suffice, either.) Better start saving your pennies and finding a way to meet before sending in the I 129f. Otherwise, you can kiss the $170 filing fee goodbye, not to mention that you will have likely complicated any future attempts at procuring a visa. Instead, why not use that $170 towards a plane ticket?

And as an aside - what does wanting a baby have to do with anything (immigration wise)?

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
Greetings:

First, I think people missed the fact that you are a student, and working. To me that screams of no time and no money to do this. Second, if you did somehow get the visa, how would you sponsor him? Or could you. I wonder also, beyond the child issue, which yes, is serious, but are you going to have a baby, need to go to school, and work....beyond that issue..why arent you waiting until you are more set, finished with school and able to support your SO while he acclimates to the USA?, gets a green card, and is ready to work. Marriage is always hard, but harder when you are both young (and you look young so if you arent...god is smiling on you LOL)....but when you are young and broke....thats really tough...After college you will have it so much easier. Just a thought.

No one missed the fact that shes in college and working, its stated clear in her post. A majority of us are in college and working, AND raising children already and went thru the process, including meeting our fiance's before filing for the visa. If you were implying that she may be able to use college and work as a reason to be exempt from the NUMBER 1 rule in k-1 visa which is meeting BEFORE filing, it will never happen.

as for the rest of what you said, i agree with

I agree, the meeting requirement may only be waived based on cultural customs (i.e. if in any of you come from a country where it's customary for future spouses not to meet before the wedding) or due to extreme hardship (usually granted if one of you both suffer a severe medical conditions that would make a trip almost impossible). Financial problems are not usually considered sufficient to prove extreme hardship. In either case you'd have to submit documentary prove. Being in college or being a single parent is not enough reason to be waived of this esential requirement.

To the OP, I agree with the other posters, try arranging a brief meeting if you can't afford a longer trip. If your future husband does not have money to afford a trip, chances are he wont have money either to be your sponsor and that's another requirement in this process. I have to agree with Bobbie, on that one, having no money at all is not the best way to start a marriage, maybe you'd like to put your plans on hold until you guys have saved more money. Also, wouldn't you like to meet in person with that person you are going to spend the rest of your life with, before making such important decission? I too met my fiance online but I think meeting in person it's a MUST, not only for the K-1 requirements but for practical reasons too!

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
edit: wrong thread! :blush:

OP, you need to meet your fiance.

:lol::lol:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Yeah, you have to meet in real and there's also The Poverty Guideline requirement...

Which can be taken care of with a co-sponsor, so that's really the least of her issues right now...needs to meet in person.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

MAKE A TRIP QUICKLY TO YOUR FIANCEES COUNTRY AND TAKE PICTURES TOGETHER AND WITH THE FAMILY, SAVE ALL YOUR RECIEPTS OF HOTELS, FLIGHTS, ANYTHING THAT CAN AND WILL BE USED AS EVIDENCE IN YOUR FAVOR,...DO NOT SEND THE I129F JUST YET!

12913.gif

ONOFRE

15262.gif

MARIA

----------------------------

3/26/07 I-129F Mailed to Nebraska Service Center

3/30/07 I-129F Fowared and recived in California SC.

4/03/07 First NOA mailed...(good start)

4/04/07 $170.00 check cashed :-(

4/05/07 Touched

6/21/07 DAMIT, TOUCH ME, SLAP ME, DO SOMETHING (DAY 82!)

6/27/07 Approved!!!!!!! (email of NOA2) Not even a touch?? Who cares now!

6/29/07 "Touched" hmmm...

7/15/07 Fiancee packet arrives (gathering documents for the trip)

10/16/07 Flight to El Paso, TX and on to Juarez for interview!!!!!!!!!!

10/18/07 VISA IN HAND!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!

01/13/08 Point of entry for my fiancee

02/02/08 Married at City Hall

02/09/09 AOS package send Express Mail

02/10/09 AOS package received and signed.

02/17/09 NOA reciepts

02/23/09 NOA about March 3, 2009 Biometrics

02/28/09 FRE!!!! :(

03/06/09 Biometrics completed

03/30/09 Responded to RFE next day air to Lee's Summit, MO.

04/25/09 AP and EAD card arrives

07/10/09 Interview letter arrives for 8/19/09

08/09/09 AP letter used to re-enter the U.S.

08/19/09 Interview completed. Results in two weeks. ( I think we got it)

08/24/09 Letter in the mail stating Interview Approved. Welcome to the United States!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think in this case, what are the chances of your guy friend coming to visit you? Can he apply for a tourist visa? How old is he? If he is in school as well, there are programs he could possibly apply for to do an internship here.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I think you can still do this god willing. There is much good advice here. Use this forum for information, help and advice. Start reading!

First

Start saving a little money, budget your money and be disciplined about that, try maybe a temp part time job and put that money towards the visa process. The K1 process can take years until completion and a visa is finally granted, so if you can save some bucks each month. for all that time it will make the financial burden of the fees and travel much less daunting for you.

Second

Shop around for the airfare and buy in advance. Plan your holiday to meet your fiance to the very smallest detail, and this will give you a good idea of the costs. If you're patient good deals can be had.

Be flexible in your travel dates.

If you are not living near an international airport where you can fly directly overseas, consider driving or taking a bus there instead of a connecting flight.

If your fiance can meet you in Europe that would save you even more money, good places to consider are Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Austria.

If your fiancee can meet you in Russia that would be even better and cheaper for you and him, travel on Aeroflot Russian Airlines (very cheap internationale airline, but only has few destinations in US) to Moscow, you will need to get visa for Moscow, but it so easy and you can get the information online, just go in the summer, Moscow is very cold in winter.

Try to have a meeting with your families, even if its just on the webcam, your future husband should be willing to seek the approval of your family before the matrimony. I really believe in this!!!

Start looking now, like today, for employment that will place you above the minimum support requirement if you don't place above. If you cant meet it right now with being a student and all, go to family and friends and ask if they will be a sponser, dont be waiting, sort this out sooner than later. you are or will be educated so leverage that into a better salary for you

Third,

and most most important, be strong and be persistant, pray to God every day, dont get discouraged, there will be times when you will have depression, and feel like your dream will never come true, but DO NOT EVER GIVE UP!

Best of luck to the both of you! please keep us posted in your progress

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: Timeline
Yeah, you have to meet in real and there's also The Poverty Guideline requirement...

Which can be taken care of with a co-sponsor, so that's really the least of her issues right now...needs to meet in person.

Asking a loved one to put their nuts on a potential chopping block for years for a man she's never met? I'd say the two issues go hand in hand.

I wouldn' be so cavalier about the severity of the favor to ask someone to be a co-sponsor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Asking a loved one to put their nuts on a potential chopping block for years for a man she's never met? I'd say the two issues go hand in hand.

I wouldn' be so cavalier about the severity of the favor to ask someone to be a co-sponsor

I agree, it is a big undertaking as a sponsor, and many like yourself are of the opinion its not generally a good idea, but I think we should be giving this person advice on how the K1 process is working at this stage, and sponsorship is a legal alternative for someone who is unable to meet the support requirement, and a uni student might find themselves in this predicament.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

@bellanna711971: I seriously dont understand how I could say "yes I am gonna marry this guy,we never met but thats cool".

Yes alot of ppl on here also met their Fiance on the Internet it is a modern way of communication and as for the future it will happen more and more that people will meet eachother on the Internet and then actually fall in love.

But as the others said you have to of met in person within the last 2 years,if that is not the case you guys cant file the Visa all you will get is a DENIED.

Seriously even if you love this guy,you love him virtually only and this is not a basis to get married on.Maybe you should consider getting a Tourist Visa staying with him for a while or god knows what,but you should really see what he is like in person and hell even before planning a baby.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I agree, it is a big undertaking as a sponsor, and many like yourself are of the opinion its not generally a good idea, but I think we should be giving this person advice on how the K1 process is working at this stage, and sponsorship is a legal alternative for someone who is unable to meet the support requirement, and a uni student might find themselves in this predicament.

:thumbs:

It's not my place to tell someone how severe it is or not, that's for the people they ask and them to decide. It was a big undertaking for my mother and I know that, but again...not my place.

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
MANY of us here (myself included!) met our fiance/e's on the internet. But we also made sure to meet them face to face as well (several times, in fact - at least in my case). I'm not sure why you would even want to get engaged to someone you've never met in person, but hey - maybe I'm funny that way.

:thumbs: We met on the internet too... didnt fall in love til we met in person though..and we had known eachother for years! i dont think i'd want to be engaged...huge step!!! to someone that i had not even...you know, hugged! haha

but this is just my opinion

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.