naija_glam

K-1 Visa Interview Nigeria

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello all. My fiance will be interviewing next month at the Lagos Embassy in Nigeria for the K-1 Visa, and to say that I am nervous is an understatement. I've heard horror stories of fiances being refused and the CO doesn't even look at their evidence. How can this happen? I submitted 9 pictures with the original petition, receipts from when we went out, flight receipts, my birth certificate, a few pages worth of Whats app, instagram, and fb messages from early in our relationship. My fiance will bring everything from the original petition plus full chat logs, full phone logs, 100 pics, a copy of the lease for the apartment I will be moving into next month, quotes for the wedding venue we'd like. I'm 29 yrs old, he is 30 yrs.  We applied for K-1 7 months into our relationship. I have been to Nigeria to see him twice, one visit for 8 days before the petition was filed. The second visit was 28 days while we were waiting. Of course he will have pictures from both visits with him. Its stressful for me to think that the CO wouldn't consider additional evidence from after the petition was filed. I've heard about front loading, but I was also told that the interview is when you really have to present your case. They even ask for you to bring all of that evidence to the interview, why wouldn't they look at it? 

Please, are there any couples who have interviewed recently for k-1 interview that can give me insight? Has anyone been approved without submitting full chat and phone logs with the original I-129 petition? Do the officers not look at the additional evidence brought. Also would it be grounds to appeal if Visa is refused and the officer did not look at the evidence that the fiance brought? This process has been so stressful. It's scary to know that your future is in hands of someone who just glances at a few pics and makes a decision. I've looked at the Nigerian interview section on VJ, but haven't gotten clear answers. Thanks in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I didn't do the K1 but the only thing they looked at of ours were our wedding pictures and nothing else...I read that a lot that they only look at pictures and not so much the other evidence unless they are suspicious about something and then I read where they do review your package before the interview and have already determined a decision...Who knows..Anyhow, you got some good evidence there..You saw him twice and a K1 only requires once within the two years of filing to interview if I worded that correctly..You also have mounds of evidence so you will be fine...I am sure others who has done the K1 can attest to that..Good luck on your journey!

Timeline
19 hours ago, OlayemiLoray said:

I didn't do the K1 but the only thing they looked at of ours were our wedding pictures and nothing else...I read that a lot that they only look at pictures and not so much the other evidence unless they are suspicious about something and then I read where they do review your package before the interview and have already determined a decision...Who knows..Anyhow, you got some good evidence there..You saw him twice and a K1 only requires once within the two years of filing to interview if I worded that correctly..You also have mounds of evidence so you will be fine...I am sure others who has done the K1 can attest to that..Good luck on your journey!

Thanks for your input. It helps. We will go in as prepared as we can.

6 hours ago, Abdeslam said:

dont worry too much most of the people who get denied had something fishy that they dont want to talk about in a public forum

This is what I wondered. Thanks for your input.

Timeline

Awww! You are really getting overly worried. There are K-1 Applicants here that got approved with few pictures( one went with 4), didn't submit chat history, but took it along for the interview (the CO didn't even look at the history, just pictures).

I have a close friend of mine @o0o, his Fiancée attended her interview on March-6th and she was approved (she has her visa now). They didn't submit chat history along with the petition. The CO didn't look at her chat history she brought during the interview, just asked for her pictures.

I will advise you prepare up-to 10-20 pages of chat history (example, 6 screenshots of whatsapp per page). 

You have some evidence already with the petition. Don't attend the interview with numerous chat evidence, instead a handful (important) one.

Don't panic! Just prepare, pray and attend the interview. Everything will work out well for your Good! Amen!

Congratulations in Advance!

Timeline

Everything what @ChuAni said is true...They didn't look at any of our chats or call logs in his presence, but did asked to see pictures...However, I was told they look at evidence prior to interview, but please don't worry yourself...You will be fine! We were approved this past Monday and hubby went and picked up his visa and documents on Friday which was indeed pretty quick..Lately, the Lagos Embassy has been easy breezy...You are going to be fine...You got this...Wishing you well on your journey!

Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 4:36 AM, ChuAni said:

Awww! You are really getting overly worried. There are K-1 Applicants here that got approved with few pictures( one went with 4), didn't submit chat history, but took it along for the interview (the CO didn't even look at the history, just pictures).

I have a close friend of mine @o0o, his Fiancée attended her interview on March-6th and she was approved (she has her visa now). They didn't submit chat history along with the petition. The CO didn't look at her chat history she brought during the interview, just asked for her pictures.

I will advise you prepare up-to 10-20 pages of chat history (example, 6 screenshots of whatsapp per page). 

You have some evidence already with the petition. Don't attend the interview with numerous chat evidence, instead a handful (important) one.

Don't panic! Just prepare, pray and attend the interview. Everything will work out well for your Good! Amen!

Congratulations in Advance!

@ChuAni is very much correct; she provided a review here with the interview questions she was asked as well: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=K1+Visa

Everything will be fine; just think of it as, it's already been granted, you're approved. It's just a formal process to cross check the information in the petition via interview and putting a face with the name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Africa/Sub-Saharan regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 3:24 PM, OlayemiLoray said:

Everything what @ChuAni said is true...They didn't look at any of our chats or call logs in his presence, but did asked to see pictures...However, I was told they look at evidence prior to interview, but please don't worry yourself...You will be fine! We were approved this past Monday and hubby went and picked up his visa and documents on Friday which was indeed pretty quick..Lately, the Lagos Embassy has been easy breezy...You are going to be fine...You got this...Wishing you well on your journey!

I pray it remains easy breezy lol

! Thanks

Edited by naija_glam

Timeline
On 3/18/2018 at 10:46 PM, o0o said:

@ChuAni is very much correct; she provided a review here with the interview questions she was asked as well: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=K1+Visa

Everything will be fine; just think of it as, it's already been granted, you're approved. It's just a formal process to cross check the information in the petition via interview and putting a face with the name.

Amen, that is how I have been thinking of it. I'm so ready for this to be over.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, OlayemiLoray said:

Did you guys go to the interview together? I'll be in Nigeria when my fiance will be interviewed and I'm wondering if I can go with her.

Timeline
3 hours ago, ashmed246 said:

Did you guys go to the interview together? I'll be in Nigeria when my fiance will be interviewed and I'm wondering if I can go with her.

I wasn't able to attend my fiances interview. I don't know if they would allow you to attend the interview, but you can enter the embassy since you are a USC. Try asking in the Nigerian portal section.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, naija_glam said:

I wasn't able to attend my fiances interview. I don't know if they would allow you to attend the interview, but you can enter the embassy since you are a USC. Try asking in the Nigerian portal section.

I don't think USC are allowed to enter..I was going to come down for my hubby's interview but decided to wait if he was approve for his visa to go down which he was...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.