1,157 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1uis said:

Hello!

has anyone who filed for EAD/AP last year? (Oct, Nov) been approved? It seems they are not approving filers married to a LPR

Most of us filed on March 2018. If you sent your I-765 before December 4th, 2017, you should submit an inquiry for case outside processing time. Good Luck!

Edited by Tenreyro

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, 1uis said:

Hello!

has anyone who filed for EAD/AP last year? (Oct, Nov) been approved? It seems they are not approving filers married to a LPR

If you check the December 2017 AOS Filers thread you can see that they just started to receive their EAD/AP.  You should really send an inquiry to USCIS.

21 minutes ago, thepanda said:

If you check the December 2017 AOS Filers thread you can see that they just started to receive their EAD/AP.  You should really send an inquiry to USCIS.

Yes I know but it looks like USCIS is not grating for F2A filers yet. I did open 2 inquiries, 1 without answer and the second saying I should get an answer within 60 days a month ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After weeks and weeks of postponing submission, our AOS application package was finally delivered to the Chicago Lockbox last Wednesday, May 2nd. I'm now eagerly waiting for NOA1 in my email. I'll keep you guys posted. Good luck to all of us!

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

Timeline
On 5/2/2018 at 2:29 PM, Bfree3 said:

FYI guys my i485 has been updated to say it is ready to be scheduled for interview since April 24th. I really didn’t notice thank God I’m keeping busy. I encourage everyone else to do the same; the anxiety this process causes is not healthy in the least😩 Godspeed. 

Congrats on the progress! I consulted with a lawyer to help me quiet my anxious mind, and I was told that sometime they schedule your interview before your PD becomes current on chart A. Sharing this info hoping that it might be useful for you guys.

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

I estimated that if my case was paused because of the RFIE, it was most likely be updated around May 2nd to 'Ready to be scheduled'. I guess it was indeed reseted, and I have calculated it would be updated in the end of May. I hope to get as anxiousless as @Bfree3 , but I am checking it almost daily xD :help:

27 minutes ago, talad said:

Congrats on the progress! I consulted with a lawyer to help me quiet my anxious mind, and I was told that sometime they schedule your interview before your PD becomes current on chart A. Sharing this info hoping that it might be useful for you guys.

Congratulations!!! I hope you get yor NOA1 really quick, and everything goes smoothly. Please keep us updated.

3 hours ago, 1uis said:

Yes I know but it looks like USCIS is not grating for F2A filers yet. I did open 2 inquiries, 1 without answer and the second saying I should get an answer within 60 days a month ago.

Sorry about your case, but you should try to exhaust every resource before making such an accusation, because I have seen EAD for F2A being granted.

Get in touch with your senator/ombudsman, EAD and AP for F2A are indeed being granted. But some cases are just cornered without further reason, some have been F2A.

I love Data, and in the future I want to establish a business, and if you check USCIS Data, EAD was the form they received the most in all 2017 and the first quarter of 2018. Only the fiscal year 2017 received 2 million I-765. In comparison, the second and third places were for and Non Military N-400 (975k) and I-130 (914k). Being Quarter 1 of 2018 the one with least applications with only 382,278, but still highest on the quarter by almost twice the following form, which was I-130 (199k).

So, 6 months is reasonable to process 1 form that arrived after almost 1 million applicants in the 6 months before it arrived. Imagine out of the 2 million, 25% is a benefit received for free because of the I-485 payment, and charge a somewhat reasonable $50 dollar fee, USCIS would earn 25 million dollars only with those. And to process 2,000,000 in 1 year they would need to process 8,000 I-765 daily, figuring that half of those would be renewal, it would still be 4,000 a day. And USCIS particular strenght is not fast processing. Now, I did mention I would like to create my own business, right? If USCIS was a business, I think they would need a considerable amount of workforce or technology for that. They are supposedly investing in new technology to process forms faster, but I doubt we will see that in effect for al least a year or two. And a significant increase in workforce and the amount of public employees in an institution that its budget is based on fees (and that not always the same amount of applications are sent, thus variable income)? I don't think so.

So, yeah, waiting that long is tortuous, and I have no doubt that some groups get preference *cough, cough* USC spouses *cough, cough* ...But every case is different, previous contacts with the government make it easier for some to get their EAD faster (such as K1, H1-B), while some countries, names and circumstances require different procedures, (such as extra background checks, needed for EAD) but the government does not like to expose themselves liable to being sue, so they wouldn't just stop granting EAD to F2A cold turkey and without a published new policy or reason, they would just give less priority.

Edit:

My data source: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-all-uscis-application-and-petition-form-types

Edited by Tenreyro

1 hour ago, Tenreyro said:

Sorry about your case, but you should try to exhaust every resource before making such an accusation, because I have seen EAD for F2A being granted.

Get in touch with your senator/ombudsman, EAD and AP for F2A are indeed being granted. But some cases are just cornered without further reason, some have been F2A.

I love Data, and in the future I want to establish a business, and if you check USCIS Data, EAD was the form they received the most in all 2017 and the first quarter of 2018. Only the fiscal year 2017 received 2 million I-765. In comparison, the second and third places were for and Non Military N-400 (975k) and I-130 (914k). Being Quarter 1 of 2018 the one with least applications with only 382,278, but still highest on the quarter by almost twice the following form, which was I-130 (199k).

So, 6 months is reasonable to process 1 form that arrived after almost 1 million applicants in the 6 months before it arrived. Imagine out of the 2 million, 25% is a benefit received for free because of the I-485 payment, and charge a somewhat reasonable $50 dollar fee, USCIS would earn 25 million dollars only with those. And to process 2,000,000 in 1 year they would need to process 8,000 I-765 daily, figuring that half of those would be renewal, it would still be 4,000 a day. And USCIS particular strenght is not fast processing. Now, I did mention I would like to create my own business, right? If USCIS was a business, I think they would need a considerable amount of workforce or technology for that. They are supposedly investing in new technology to process forms faster, but I doubt we will see that in effect for al least a year or two. And a significant increase in workforce and the amount of public employees in an institution that its budget is based on fees (and that not always the same amount of applications are sent, thus variable income)? I don't think so.

So, yeah, waiting that long is tortuous, and I have no doubt that some groups get preference *cough, cough* USC spouses *cough, cough* ...But every case is different, previous contacts with the government make it easier for some to get their EAD faster (such as K1, H1-B), while some countries, names and circumstances require different procedures, (such as extra background checks, needed for EAD) but the government does not like to expose themselves liable to being sue, so they wouldn't just stop granting EAD to F2A cold turkey and without a published new policy or reason, they would just give less priority.

Edit:

My data source: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/reports-studies/immigration-forms-data/data-set-all-uscis-application-and-petition-form-types

Serious analysis my friend, congrats and best of luck in your business if you get to do it. Looking into different forums I saw that the F2A EAD for the October and November filers (when USCIS allowed people to apply early) is a trend. It’s sad as my wife basically is staying at home doing nothing. Also we bought tickets to go to Europe in 3 weeks basically the week after she applied as the worst case scenario was getting it in March, now I have just a couple of weeks until I have to reschedule the trip for at least 2 o 3 more months. Really sad to be honest, although not as bad as the people that is being substantially affected financially and USCIS still doesn’t respond

Timeline

Guys! I got my e-notification that our case was received today! I'm so happy I'm crying.. countdown to when the physical notification is delivered via mail starts now! Hope everything goes smoothly for all of us!

Here is a summary of my case:
I-130 PD: Feb 21 2017

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: May 2 2018

AOS package NOA1 e-notification: May 6 2018

Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 1:18 PM, 1uis said:

I heard from the lawyer I consulted with, that EAD approvals can take as long as 7 months nowadays.. I know it's hard to keep calm while waiting for this kind of stuff, but hang in there!

3 hours ago, talad said:

I heard from the lawyer I consulted with, that EAD approvals can take as long as 7 months nowadays.. I know it's hard to keep calm while waiting for this kind of stuff, but hang in there!

That is sad to hear. The EAD is supposed to be used before the green card being approved. There are many people getting the green card before the EAD being processed, which makes it useless.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
11 hours ago, talad said:

Guys! I got my e-notification that our case was received today! I'm so happy I'm crying.. countdown to when the physical notification is delivered via mail starts now! Hope everything goes smoothly for all of us!

Here is a summary of my case:
I-130 PD: Feb 21 2017

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: May 2 2018

AOS package NOA1 e-notification: May 6 2018

You already go a notification?! My package was delivered May 3rd. :mellow: Was you check cashed yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.