1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Your question made me search for that answer more thoroughly. 

Apparently, if it is a Request for Initial Evidence (like I got) it is supposed to reset the days back to zero on your I-485 (and any other benefit, such as EAD and AP). 

If it is a RFE, then it is supposed to pause it, but not reset it. I found the information on the forum, and it is mostly from the times that it took 2 months to get an EAD xD, also, a lot of the people asking, a few days later received their EAD regardless of the RFIE. Either way, I really don't think they would send you a RFE :)

Now I do think it pauses it: 

(ii) Effect on interim benefits. Interim benefits will not be granted based on an benefit request held in suspense for the submission of requested initial evidence, except that the applicant or beneficiary will normally be allowed to remain while an benefit request to extend or obtain status while in the United States is pending. USCIS may choose to pursue other actions to seek removal of a person notwithstanding the pending application. Employment authorization previously accorded based on the same status and employment as that requested in the current benefit request may continue uninterrupted as provided in 8 CFR 274a.12(b)(20) during the suspense period. (Amended effective 11/28/11;    76 FR 53764 ; revised effective 3/29/98.)  

So, by that calculations, my case must have had a reset on the count, and must have started all over again. I will let you know the veracity of the statement later on, using myself as test subject, I'll let you know in a few months :D

Thank you for the thorough research! I do believe that they have to accept my form since it states on their website that it can be used until mid of May. 

But it is good to know if they do ask for an RFE or RFIE. Now I finally now what RFIE means. It thought people her always had a typo. lol

I have another question that concerns me: I placed my cover letter on top instead of the G-1450 (Credit Card Form) Do you think that could cause a delay too? Or maybe they will send it back even just because they do not see that form right away? I put it on top of my application as written in the instruction but UNDER my cover letter. :unsure: These small things keep me up at night. Can you believe that?

6 hours ago, thepanda said:

Thank you for the thorough research! I do believe that they have to accept my form since it states on their website that it can be used until mid of May. 

But it is good to know if they do ask for an RFE or RFIE. Now I finally now what RFIE means. It thought people her always had a typo. lol

I have another question that concerns me: I placed my cover letter on top instead of the G-1450 (Credit Card Form) Do you think that could cause a delay too? Or maybe they will send it back even just because they do not see that form right away? I put it on top of my application as written in the instruction but UNDER my cover letter. :unsure: These small things keep me up at night. Can you believe that?

Don't worry, I put the E-notification forms on top of each form, because that is what the instructions says. The check, I placed it under the E-Notification request form, because I know they would look for it, and they found it! xD

I'm sorry, I couldn't find information on delays from other applicants sending credit card payment, that is very new, there is not still that common knowledge on the forum.

I know we all want to get this whole process over with, and it is normal to have that on your mind, and the doubt. The notifications or letters will arrive with you watching your inbox or not :)

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 5:31 PM, Tenreyro said:

Don't worry, I put the E-notification forms on top of each form, because that is what the instructions says. The check, I placed it under the E-Notification request form, because I know they would look for it, and they found it! xD

I'm sorry, I couldn't find information on delays from other applicants sending credit card payment, that is very new, there is not still that common knowledge on the forum.

I know we all want to get this whole process over with, and it is normal to have that on your mind, and the doubt. The notifications or letters will arrive with you watching your inbox or not :)

You make me feel sooooooo much better by telling me that you put the check underneath the E-Notification Form! That means they will look under the Cover Letter! 

I’m going to call on Tuesday if I haven’t heard anything by Monday! 

Thank you again for calming me down! :)

Timeline

Ok I am officially worried. No charge to my credit card so far. I wonder if I should have put a check instead the Credit Card Form G-1450. I just thought the Credit Card would be much faster. Can anyone tell me if I can call them to check and ask? Or would that be a waste of time?

Timeline

So, I received my package back today because the Credit Card Form apparently did not work for some reason. They tell me that I can resend my package. My question is: Can I just re-send the exact same package or do I have to re-print everything? The paperwork that I received back has markings and so on on the bottom of each page. 

The Receipt Notice says that I can re-send my package after I corrected the issue but not if I have to send them new copies. 

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me by tomorrow since I want to send the package out tomorrow. 

One more question: I wrote a check but the line where I have to write the amount out is too small. Does it all have to be on one line? 

13 hours ago, thepanda said:

So, I received my package back today because the Credit Card Form apparently did not work for some reason. They tell me that I can resend my package. My question is: Can I just re-send the exact same package or do I have to re-print everything? The paperwork that I received back has markings and so on on the bottom of each page. 

The Receipt Notice says that I can re-send my package after I corrected the issue but not if I have to send them new copies. 

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me by tomorrow since I want to send the package out tomorrow. 

One more question: I wrote a check but the line where I have to write the amount out is too small. Does it all have to be on one line? 

I'm sorry to hear that. When new things are implemented, it is tricky, and mistakes can happen. I am really sorry that you got this delay.

I think it wouldn't be an issue to send it like that, but to be on the safe side, I would recommend for you to reprint your forms, and modify your cover letter to say that is a re-send instead of original submittal, and add that it is due to payment unable to be processed via G-1450.

The question about the line on the check would have to do more with the banks and all that, I really don't know, but my wife and I tried to make everything fit in 1 line, with thin tall readable letters.

Sorry for the delay answering, I have my fingers crossed for your case.

Hopefully this time everything will work out fine :)

Edited by Tenreyro

Timeline
6 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

I'm sorry to hear that. When new things are implemented, it is tricky, and mistakes can happen. I am really sorry that you got this delay.

I think it wouldn't be an issue to send it like that, but to be on the safe side, I would recommend for you to reprint your forms, and modify your cover letter to say that is a re-send instead of original submittal, and add that it is due to payment unable to be processed via G-1450.

The question about the line on the check would have to do more with the banks and all that, I really don't know, but my wife and I tried to make everything fit in 1 line, with thin tall readable letters.

Sorry for the delay answering, I have my fingers crossed for your case.

Hopefully this time everything will work out fine :)

I should have known from the beginning. It is my fault really. My AmEx only has 15 digits and normal Credit Cards have 16 digits. I knew when I filled G-1450 out that they must have thought that a digit was missing.

I just re-sent all my paperwork including a check. I managed to put all the words on the line.

I did not re-print all the paperwork because they arranged the paperwork in a certain way. So I left everything as is and just swapped the I-864 with the updated Form, included copies of the 3 NOA's and put the green paper and the check on top of the pile.

The good thing about this NOA: I now have an Alien Number and even the Receipt Number (if they do not change). I hope they will accept it this time.

Thanks again for your help!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

FYI guys my i485 has been updated to say it is ready to be scheduled for interview since April 24th. I really didn’t notice thank God I’m keeping busy. I encourage everyone else to do the same; the anxiety this process causes is not healthy in the least😩 Godspeed. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

@Bhumi I did my fingerprints on the 16th of April. As of April 24th, my status was updated to “ready to be scheduled for interview” so 8 days in total but it may also be different for everybody. I know it’s nice to have a point of reference though keep us updated.

20 hours ago, thepanda said:

I should have known from the beginning. It is my fault really. My AmEx only has 15 digits and normal Credit Cards have 16 digits. I knew when I filled G-1450 out that they must have thought that a digit was missing.

I just re-sent all my paperwork including a check. I managed to put all the words on the line.

I did not re-print all the paperwork because they arranged the paperwork in a certain way. So I left everything as is and just swapped the I-864 with the updated Form, included copies of the 3 NOA's and put the green paper and the check on top of the pile.

The good thing about this NOA: I now have an Alien Number and even the Receipt Number (if they do not change). I hope they will accept it this time.

Thanks again for your help!

That's very good to hear!!! Yes, the A-number on my receipt was an unexpected welcomed surprise :) Hope everything goes neatly and steady from now on.

3 hours ago, Bhumi said:

I have done with my fingerprints yesterday morning and it is pretty good. 

Congratulations!!! 

I went recently to the DMV (New York State) to see if I could get a Learner's Permit with my pending I-485. Apparently my hands are tied, my I-94 is expiring soon, and they convinced me that it would probably be a waste of money, since it is not likely for the department in charge to send the Learner's Permit so close to expire. And apparently, my I-485 is not enough proof, basically because it does not have an expiration date.

I contacted DMV online, and asked them if I could use an USCIS's Advance Parole for that. They copied and pasted a whole paragraph about Parole, Inmates and people out of prison applying for Driver's License.

Long story short, research about your State's DMV and requirements, and don't waste time and apply right away if you're considering using your I-94 as your last option.

10 minutes ago, Bfree3 said:

yes you won’t be able to apply until you have the work permit  @Tenreyro . 

I know, I wanted to give it a shot. I would've been able to get a Learner's permit with I-94. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.