3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Has anyone been approved recently for  I485 yet? I got interviewed 29th of March 2018 and still nothing yet....should I be worried? Made congressional inquiries and another via my state senator. Still waiting

Licensed Professional Counselor, PhD, LPC. 

Do you think this title is able to do the counseling and evaluation. I was looking for someone in corpus christi area . I have not found anybody who is specialized in immigration counseling, therapy and evaluation in this area. The one I mentioned above said that she is familiar with Immigration matter. 

1 minute ago, TexasVAWA said:

Licensed Professional Counselor, PhD, LPC. 

Do you think this title is able to do the counseling and evaluation. I was looking for someone in corpus christi area . I have not found anybody who is specialized in immigration counseling, therapy and evaluation in this area. The one I mentioned above said that she is familiar with Immigration matter. 

You need to go to someone who has experience with domestic violence counseling. 

Hi guys,  congratulations on all the approvals! My i360 was approved on the 28 of May. Yesterday  I was notified via email that my i485 was transferred to another office! I’m praying  for all those who are still waiting on Vawa approval. It’s not an easy wait, but it will be worth it in the end. 

Just now, iwillsurvive said:

15 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Thanks. Yea. She has experience with domestic violence counseling. I noticed that she has PhD on counselor education and she is a Licensed professional counselor. Should I contact her ?

Hello everyone, I applied for VAWA on January and received prima facie letter. 

I am currently divorcing my husband and he won’t sign the papers with cruelty grounds. If my divorce is grated only based on unsupportability, would that affect my VAWA application? 

He keeps pressuring me to to avoid the cruelty grounds. He even fired his lawyer so that he can represent himself and ask me questions directly during trial. 

I don’t want to just sign the papers for unsupportable relation. What should I do? 

Please help, I’m very worried about my application. Thank you 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

So im collecting affidaviates from people who witnessed the abuse. 
My neighbor was one who witnessed the abuse and called the police.   She wants to help with writing a letter.
The problem is that she is undocumented and is scared to give out her name and address. Is it possible to do the letter without giving out an address and a complete name? 

1 hour ago, JMercado said:

I am currently divorcing my husband and he won’t sign the papers with cruelty grounds. If my divorce is grated only based on unsupportability, would that affect my VAWA application? 

He keeps pressuring me to to avoid the cruelty grounds. He even fired his lawyer so that he can represent himself and ask me questions directly during trial. 

I don’t want to just sign the papers for unsupportable relation. What should I do? 

I don't think any man will want to sign and agree that he was cruel on a legal document for future purpose . Just a suggestion here,  why not use "irreconcilable difference" instead and I don't think that will affect your application. 

1 hour ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

So im collecting affidaviates from people who witnessed the abuse. 
My neighbor was one who witnessed the abuse and called the police.   She wants to help with writing a letter.
The problem is that she is undocumented and is scared to give out her name and address. Is it possible to do the letter without giving out an address and a complete name? 

USCIS will not look into her. She is safe to out her information on the witness affidavit. USCIS will not consider it without her info. 

1 hour ago, JMercado said:

Your divorce and its reasoning will not influence your immigration petition. 

You need to block him, so he cannot speak to you outside of the court room. You can hire a pro bono lawyer so you don’t have to communicate with him. Do not let him continue to abuse and control you.

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I filled for Vawa on Feb. 2017 and received 3 prima facia. My attorney also filled for i 485 and i 765 as soon as USCIS received my Vawa documents. On June, 2017 I received my first EAD C09 and advanced parole (combo card) for a 1 year. I travelled with my Advance Parole Card 3 times to abroad with no problem. On Jan. 2018 I got an e mail from USCIS that was written " we received your correpondence ....." And 3 months later i got a new online update as a next step  "an officer will be assigned to review my case..." 

After those online updates nothings happened.( I have never received a RFE.) My EAD C09 expired on June 2018. I asked my attorney did he apply to an extension for my EAD C09. He didn't answer me. 10 days ago i got an e mail from USCIS and then checked my account. My last update is "My card was mailed to me".  Then finally my attorney called me to pick up my new card. I went to his office today to pick up my new EAD and ask for my case status. I saw that my new card  is in EAD C31 category. (but this time it is not valid for reentry to US. ??) My attorney only told me that it doesn't mean an approval, it is just what they selected as a EAD category. 

I am so confused. Can i get an EAD C31 unless i have a approved i 360?

Thank you so much for everyone.

Edited by umarim

Hello everybody, 

Today I got a text message saying Uscis ordered a new card under my vawa application. I hope I will get approval letter in the next few weeks.

I filed on Apr-05-2017. No RFE. I will share my detail timeline once I got approval letter in hand.

Good luck everyone and thank you so very much  Sandra for your valuable help.

A2E6AABF-1796-464A-BFD8-F2487E0FA98D.jpeg

1 minute ago, Totoro_J said:

Hello everybody, 

Today I got a text message saying Uscis ordered a new card under my vawa application. I hope I will get approval letter in the next few weeks.

I filed on Apr-05-2017. No RFE. I will share my detail timeline once I got approval letter in hand.

Good luck everyone and thank you so very much  Sandra for your valuable help.

A2E6AABF-1796-464A-BFD8-F2487E0FA98D.jpeg

Congrats!!!

13 minutes ago, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I filled for Vawa on Feb. 2017 and received 3 prima facia. My attorney also filled for i 485 and i 765 as soon as USCIS received my Vawa documents. On June, 2017 I received my first EAD C09 and advanced parole (combo card) for a 1 year. I travelled with my Advance Parole Card 3 times to abroad with no problem. On Jan. 2018 I got an e mail from USCIS that was written " we received your correpondence ....." And 3 months later i got a new online update as a next step  "an officer will be assigned to review my case..." 

After those online updates nothings happened.( I have never received a RFE.) My EAD C09 expired on June 2018. I asked my attorney did he apply to an extension for my EAD C09. He didn't answer me. 10 days ago i got an e mail from USCIS and then checked my account. My last update is "My card was mailed to me".  Then finally my attorney called me to pick up my new card. I went to his office today to pick up my new EAD and ask for my case status. I saw that my new card  is in EAD C31 category. (but this time it is not valid for reentry to US. ??) My attorney only told me that it doesn't mean an approval, it is just what they selected as a EAD category. 

I believe that if you got an EAD category c31 it means your vawa is approved. My lawyer told me that they have received my c31 EAD but no approval letter yet although she assured me since they got that EAD that my case is approved

25 minutes ago, umarim said:

Hi everyone,

Lately, USCIS has been sending out C31 EAD’s to everyone about two weeks before sending VAWA approval letters. Considering that you filed in Feb 2017, that’s most likely what happened. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.