3,014 posts in this topic

Happy Independence Day everyone. I hope you guys have a wonderful day. As we known, USCIS posted a new policy which named “Notice of appear”. This policy mentioned that if someone’s I 485 application got denied, they probably receive the notice of appear. Some people got old i485 denied because their spouse withdrawal their i130 app. So my question is does this policy can affects our processing of vawa petitions?

5 minutes ago, SssMay said:

Happy Independence Day everyone. I hope you guys have a wonderful day. As we known, USCIS posted a new policy which named “Notice of appear”. This policy mentioned that if someone’s I 485 application got denied, they probably receive the notice of appear. Some people got old i485 denied because their spouse withdrawal their i130 app. So my question is does this policy can affects our processing of vawa petitions?

:( that news is soo scary. I don’t understand how they can do that to vawa applicants too, since we survived domestic violence and applied to better ourselver and our situation... we apply for i-485 so we can work... like if our applications gets denied for some reason, we would face deportation.... ☹️ Like thats mess up. I know some people that got denied for little reason in vawa and they really suffer abuse. That is scary since i filled form i-485 with uscis ... There is nothing else to do then to wait and pray, so nothing gets wrong like an error or something of mine of my behalf in the applications.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well. 

Can anyone please explain to me what does it mean with an update of “New card is being produced “ under I-360 application is? I got an update today. I’m a march 2017 filer. 

So far I have sent renewal of my I-765 a month ago. 

Thank you 🙏 

Edited by Mnmnm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mnmnm said:

Hey guys. I hope everyone is doing well. 

Can anyone please explain to me what does it mean with an update of “New card is being produced “ under I-360 application is? I got an update today. I’m a march 2017 filer. 

So far I have sent renewal of my I-765 a month ago. 

Thank you 🙏 

Most people indicate that after that update they get an approval for their vawa, so yes your fatwa might have been approved.

They are now working on March and Feb cases , good luck

3 hours ago, SssMay said:

Just modified the name is “Notice to appear”

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, SssMay said:

This reply is for everyone freaking out about this new update.  If you have a pending VAWA your 485 can be held in "abeyance" until your VAWA is either approved or denied. 

Sandra has posted numerous times that you place yourself at risk of deportation if you filed the 485 and then your VAWA IS DENIED. 

While you are waiting, even if for some reason deportation proceedings were started you can request it wait until your VAWA is adjucated.  Hopefully this helps calm some of you down. :)

46 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

This reply is for everyone freaking out about this new update.  If you have a pending VAWA your 485 can be held in "abeyance" until your VAWA is either approved or denied. 

Sandra has posted numerous times that you place yourself at risk of deportation if you filed the 485 and then your VAWA IS DENIED. 

While you are waiting, even if for some reason deportation proceedings were started you can request it wait until your VAWA is adjucated.  Hopefully this helps calm some of you down. :)

Thank you for your reply. I have no worries about this new update. I just wondering how is this policy implemented.  :)

18 hours ago, staypositive said:

Last Monday I received my 3rd Prima Facie, valid for 180 days. I am a June 2017 filer. Do you guys think that within the next 180 days they are adjudicating June 2017 petitions or is it not to be expected to be adjudicated within the 180 days? It has been 13 months since I filed. I am not being impatient, was just wondering what the 180 days mean. Thank you.

Hello @staypositive 🙏🙏🙏 hopefully we get approvals before that 180 days.I’m a June 2017 filer too.Did u apply to get a new prima facie or it was an automatic extension.Mine expires in September but on the last one I received it said i’ll Automatically get a renewal 2 months before the expiration date.

On 7/4/2018 at 10:44 PM, sandranj said:

In order to file form I-765 category C9 you must have a pending AOS and if the previous AOS was denied you don't need to wait for the VAWA approval to file a new I-765 you just need to refile form I-485 and I-765 again. If you don't want to work now you have the option to file form I-765 category C31 and once your VAWA is approved you will receive the work permit under category C31.

I am newcommer, i have followed forum for long time and received a lot of useful information.

I have received EAD C31, but haven't got approval decision yet. It means my vawa is approved but USCIS doesn't send it to me?

My 1st EAD was C09 unless i filled C31, but the 2sd is C31.

Please verify to me. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Hanna Bui

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

I am newcommer, i have followed forum for long time and received a lot of useful information.

I have received EAD C31, but haven't got approval decision yet. It means my vawa is approved but USCIS doesn't send it to me?

My 1st EAD was C09 unless i filled C31, but the 2sd is C31.

Please verify to me. Thanks a lot.

When did you file? Your vawa

Edited by Ziongirl

@staypositive and @Aburi2018 , I am also a June 2017 filer. Got my third prima facie this week without requesting.  It's again for 180 days. I don't think we can predict when our cases will be adjudicated, we can just wait.

I have to renew my i-765 in a couple months. If the i-360 approval doesn't arrive then, I will have to pay the renewal fees ($410). I applied for a fee waiver last time, and can't do the same now. Trying not to get anxious, and just save the money for the renewal. Both things not easy to do. But when I look back at my life, how horrible it was when I lived the the monster (ex-husband)... I can only thank the Lord for getting me out of there! Only greener pasture on my way now. :)

54 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

When did you file? Your vawa

December  2016 filled Vawa, I765, I131, I485 (Waived all fees)

January received all the package

March 2017 received 1st EAD C09  - combo CARD (1 YEAR)

January 2018 renewal EAD (fee $410)

June 2018 received EAD C31 (1YEAR)

(I had biometric, fingerprint already, in 2017)

Edited by Hanna Bui

13 minutes ago, escape said:

@staypositive and @Aburi2018 , I am also a June 2017 filer. Got my third prima facie this week without requesting.  It's again for 180 days. I don't think we can predict when our cases will be adjudicated, we can just wait.

I have to renew my i-765 in a couple months. If the i-360 approval doesn't arrive then, I will have to pay the renewal fees ($410). I applied for a fee waiver last time, and can't do the same now. Trying not to get anxious, and just save the money for the renewal. Both things not easy to do. But when I look back at my life, how horrible it was when I lived the the monster (ex-husband)... I can only thank the Lord for getting me out of there! Only greener pasture on my way now. :)

Preach it! 🙏🏼🙌🏼 i can relate so much to what you said. I suffered a lot and was humiliated before, but thank God, there is help like vawa, even if I only get the ead for the first time (have applied, yet not receive) that would not compare to what I lived before, and hope sooner I get independece. Good luck! 👍🏼 hope you sooner have news for vawa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.