3,014 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, sunshine99 said:

Thanks for your answer. My other question is I have attorney in Miami and I come under Jacksonville. On which location does the interview takes place and USCIS treat as local office?

I am in the same boat except a different state. My attorney says they will send it to where my physical address is but Sandra says it will be where the attorney is if it’s the same state but different jurisdiction. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

Yes you can file form I-131 with a pending AOS. If you send I-765 and I-131 at the same time you will get a combo card. If not, you will get them separately. 

Yes I used to have them when I filed for AOS but are now expired. Since then I divorced my USC ex husband & have my VAWA pending. It is so confusing. Do you know if I can apply for it even if divorced? I-485 is extrictly based on marriage so I just don't know :wacko:

2 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Yes I used to have them when I filed for AOS but are now expired. Since then I divorced my USC ex husband & have my VAWA pending. It is so confusing. Do you know if I can apply for it even if divorced? I-485 is extrictly based on marriage so I just don't know :wacko:

It depends on whether your ex withdrew the petition. If the petition was withdrawn, then you need to file a new I-485 since you no longer have one pending but if he never withdrew and you attended the interview asking them to hold your I-485 in abeyance until your VAWA is approved, you are fine. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

It depends on whether your ex withdrew the petition. If the petition was withdrawn, then you need to file a new I-485 since you no longer have one pending but if he never withdrew and you attended the interview asking them to hold your I-485 in abeyance until your VAWA is approved, you are fine. 

He never withdrew it but I didn't go to the interview either & no decision was made ever since I missed the interview. I've read in this forum that USCIS will automatically take in the pending i-485.

Edited by nap_o

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, gramercy said:

@sandranj I received a text & an email (below) I didn't submit any inquiries only sent a request to extend my PF (the fifth PF is expiring soon). Is this noticification an indication of anything?

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 10, 2018.

You have activated an account with https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, so you will get this email every few weeks until case approved.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

5 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You have activated an account with https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, so you will get this email every few weeks until case approved.

That makes sense. I hope this all ends soon. 

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, nap_o said:

Thank you Sandra... I am already divorced with my ex USC husband... Will they deny my petition if I based it off my former AOS Application?

If you didn't divorce over  2 years ago you won't have any problem with your AOS.

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, Goyo said:

Next month it will be 14 months since I sent my vawa. No RFE so far. I filed my I485 and I765 last month. I just got the receipts and fee waived. For future fillers I didn’t send any supporting documentation for I912 I just explained that I am out of work and that’s why I couldn’t pay the fee. 

Mine is 15 months and so far just good moral

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, nap_o said:

Also is it possible to file for advance parole while my AOS & VAWA are pending?

Yes you can file for advance parole,ther eis no fee to renew work permit, but to waive the fees regarding advance parole file form I-912 if you cannot pay the fees.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My 18 months are completed now on 19th month went today for Infopass IO said this case is sensitive he cannot tell anything i have to write to them..

sent the release form to Senator a month ago nothing happened office is closed all time. Dont know i feel im stuck now with no way or hope

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
13 hours ago, gramercy said:

@sandranj I received a text & an email (below) I didn't submit any inquiries only sent a request to extend my PF (the fifth PF is expiring soon). Is this noticification an indication of anything?

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on April 10, 2018.

Uscis started working on case probably 2 weeks ago

13 hours ago, rza said:

exactly after 14 months and rfe about good faith marriage , shared residence, good moral character 

Hello, did you send those when you originally filed for VAWA? are they asking for (good faith marriage , shared residence, good moral character) because you didn't include them in the I-360 packet? did yo get prima facia after you filed?  am just trying to understand how they process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.