TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mad rabbit said:

Does anybody know for how many years you will get your renewed Drivers License? If I have a stamp in my passport for one year, does that mean that I will get my DL for 1 year too?

Yes, most probably but it also depends on the state, city and that specific DMV regulations. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

A few questions for you because I can't keep up with this thread every day :) and would love a quick summary:

1. Anyone else seeing that today, still, the USCIS site is completely down? I can't make an infopass appt, or access my account. Anyone know what this is about? My GC expires on 30 April, which is pretty close, and I need to get an infopass appt for another extension (sigh... the degree of incompetence is beginning to really get to me. .... However, this stuff is making national news with some frequency I'm hearing on the radio).

2. I have never received an email saying my case has been transferred (I only filed 451, not citizenship stuff with it) however, I receive random emails, sometimes two a day, saying that there has been no change in my case and that the last date that it was worked on was March 13th ... Any idea what this is doing other than just rubbing it in that they haven't worked on my case for over a month?

3. Has ANYONE on here who filed in Feb 2017 gotten their ROC approved?

Thanks all. What else should I be asking here? :) Fill me in please if you're able. 

Meagan

Timeline
4 minutes ago, meaganb said:

Hi All,

A few questions for you because I can't keep up with this thread every day :) and would love a quick summary:

1. Anyone else seeing that today, still, the USCIS site is completely down? I can't make an infopass appt, or access my account. Anyone know what this is about? My GC expires on 30 April, which is pretty close, and I need to get an infopass appt for another extension (sigh... the degree of incompetence is beginning to really get to me. .... However, this stuff is making national news with some frequency I'm hearing on the radio).

2. I have never received an email saying my case has been transferred (I only filed 451, not citizenship stuff with it) however, I receive random emails, sometimes two a day, saying that there has been no change in my case and that the last date that it was worked on was March 13th ... Any idea what this is doing other than just rubbing it in that they haven't worked on my case for over a month?

3. Has ANYONE on here who filed in Feb 2017 gotten their ROC approved?

Thanks all. What else should I be asking here? :) Fill me in please if you're able. 

Meagan

Hi there, I am also unable to schedule an infopass appointment I believe everyone is having this problem. Hopefully it be will be available tomorrow since USCIS did some system update a few days ago. If they ever transfer your case they will mail you a letter so ignore the online status messages until they notify you with an approval of your application :) Most of the VSC February applicants are approved and the majority of CSC filers are still waiting. GOD knows how long they have to wait -_- On average CSC is taking around 18 to 20 months to approve applicants. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the quick info Name O Boy! Yep, last I heard I was lucky enough to be CSC too. No transfer for me. I know that if I hadn't receive a letter by 28 March, I could fill out the "outside of expected processing time" form online. I didn't bother. Any sense in doing this do you all think? Thanks everyone. 

SIGH!!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, meaganb said:

Thanks for the quick info Name O Boy! Yep, last I heard I was lucky enough to be CSC too. No transfer for me. I know that if I hadn't receive a letter by 28 March, I could fill out the "outside of expected processing time" form online. I didn't bother. Any sense in doing this do you all think? Thanks everyone. 

SIGH!!!!!

You are welcome. I don't think so you can file a case outside of normal processing online form because CSC is still working on September-2016 ROC applications, regards. 

Friends, i am going to prepare my docs for N400. My question is for how many months I should print my mutual bank statement? Do u think since I came to the USA ( 4 years ago) or just some months will be enough?  

AOS

06/06/14 SENT BY ATTORNEY

06/18/14 RECEIVED

06/18/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

07/14/14 BIOMETRICS

08/18/14 EAD

09/29/14 NPIW

05/23/15 Green card on hand

4 hours ago, Jackei said:

Friends, i am going to prepare my docs for N400. My question is for how many months I should print my mutual bank statement? Do u think since I came to the USA ( 4 years ago) or just some months will be enough?  

Hi Jackei, this isn't like ROC, I uploaded a couple of statements, if they want more I can take them to the interview.  Its the important documents that you need to upload and they give you a list before you submit to upload. Obviously front and back of you 10 year GC or 2 year card if you are still doing ROC and your marriage cert if you are claiming through marriage. Other important things tax documents for the last three years. I was asked for my husband divorce certificates and for some reason my sons and stepsons birth certificates, no idea why as none are immigrants.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my card came April 2 with an incorrect resident since date. My service request response basically told me apply for I-90 and so I did this Online. I was sent a RFE for the physical Green card to be mailed in to them however while driving to the post office I got a email saying my I-90 has been denied as im a conditional resident and my conditions are still pending yet to be removed. The letter stated to reopen the case I must file a I-290b which is about $700. Now the issue simply was the officer who got my case checked the old system with the CRI-89 number which for me and a lot of people still shows case received. Unfortunately USCIS is having a major system upgrade and switchover at the moment so what is happening is the original receipt number you get for the I-751 is now what is being updated in the new system and seems they are trying to eliminate the other CRI-89 receipt number. So after calling a million times im now waiting on them to reopen my case as the officer acknowledged its a mistake and a lot of the workers are not checking both systems properly. The reason the cards have incorrect date is they are registering all our approvals in the new system hence why MYUSCIS updates before EGOV and its automatically generating our resident since date as of the approval date however the officer should first switch our files over to the new system so it logs in our conditional resident date then approve the I-751 to reflect this. USCIS being bombarded with a lot of applications and such most officers don't have that time so they just approve and put in new system and move on to the next. All this would've have been avoided in my case if I had applied through mail and just send physical green card and application alongside service request response which waives the fee. so going forward my advise to you is apply through mail and Make sure to keep photocopies of your green card with the error so you have proof of status etc. For those also that don't know this is a USCIS error so once you've filed and have a receipt number just call up USCIS and request an expedite for your case due to USCIS ERROR and you should have your new card back within 15 - 30 days. 

41 minutes ago, nywestq said:

So my card came April 2 with an incorrect resident since date. My service request response basically told me apply for I-90 and so I did this Online. I was sent a RFE for the physical Green card to be mailed in to them however while driving to the post office I got a email saying my I-90 has been denied as im a conditional resident and my conditions are still pending yet to be removed. The letter stated to reopen the case I must file a I-290b which is about $700. Now the issue simply was the officer who got my case checked the old system with the CRI-89 number which for me and a lot of people still shows case received. Unfortunately USCIS is having a major system upgrade and switchover at the moment so what is happening is the original receipt number you get for the I-751 is now what is being updated in the new system and seems they are trying to eliminate the other CRI-89 receipt number. So after calling a million times im now waiting on them to reopen my case as the officer acknowledged its a mistake and a lot of the workers are not checking both systems properly. The reason the cards have incorrect date is they are registering all our approvals in the new system hence why MYUSCIS updates before EGOV and its automatically generating our resident since date as of the approval date however the officer should first switch our files over to the new system so it logs in our conditional resident date then approve the I-751 to reflect this. USCIS being bombarded with a lot of applications and such most officers don't have that time so they just approve and put in new system and move on to the next. All this would've have been avoided in my case if I had applied through mail and just send physical green card and application alongside service request response which waives the fee. so going forward my advise to you is apply through mail and Make sure to keep photocopies of your green card with the error so you have proof of status etc. For those also that don't know this is a USCIS error so once you've filed and have a receipt number just call up USCIS and request an expedite for your case due to USCIS ERROR and you should have your new card back within 15 - 30 days. 

Thanks for sharing, did you get it sorted out in the end?

42 minutes ago, Camtor said:

Pat 80 has the N-400 interview today! So excited to find out how it went! 

How exciting!!   cant wait to hear about it all! :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

22 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Yes, most probably but it also depends on the state, city and that specific DMV regulations. 

I am in atlanta GA

i got my license renewed for the next 1 year based on the stamp on my passport

K1

16 August 2013 - I-129F sent to TSC

19 August 2013 - packet received

21 Augist 2013 - NOA1 received

16 September 2013 - Alien registration number changed

30 September 2013 - RFE

25 October 2013 - RFE reply

31 October 2013 - NOA2 received

22 November 2013 - packet shipped to NVC

29 November 2013 - NVC received

3 December 2013 - Packet left NVC

11 December 2013 - Physical packet received by Consulate
26 December 2013 - Interview APPROVED
31 December 2013 -Entry to US
------
AOS
27 February 2014 - Packet sent by FeDex
4 March 2014 - NOA1
28 March 2014 - Biometrics Captured
7 April 2015 - Approved, Card received
------
ROC I-751
21 February 2017 - I-751 Package mailed by USPS
24 February 2017 - Package Delivered
3 March 2017        - Money Order Cashed
6 March 2017       - NOA1 Received in mail dated 27 February
17 March 2017     - Biometrics appointment letter received, appont. 31 March
27 March 2018     - RFE
26 May  2018       - Approval
29 May 2018        - Card arrived in Mail
------
N-400
12 March 2019     - Filed Online
12 March 2019     - NOA1
5 April 2019         - Biometrics Appointment 

47 minutes ago, ivanalex1980 said:

I am in atlanta GA

i got my license renewed for the next 1 year based on the stamp on my passport

I just renewed it online. Got a mail couple days ago saying that I’m eligible to do it online. Not sure where they will get my photo😬 and also they didn’t ask for proof of my status. So they don’t know about 1 year stamp. Maybe DMV thinks that I’m a citizen already! Just interesting for how long this DL will be and what photo they will use. By the way I’m in Los Angeles, CA

Edited by Mad rabbit

9 minutes ago, Mad rabbit said:

I just renewed it online. Got a mail couple days ago saying that I’m eligible to do it online. Not sure where they will get my photo😬 and also they didn’t ask for proof of my status. So they don’t know about 1 year stamp. Maybe DMV thinks that I’m a citizen already! Just interesting for how long this DL will be and what photo they will use. By the way I’m in Los Angeles, CA

did you have a driver license before? if you do, they can always use your photo on file

Just now, gc@gc said:

did you have a driver license before? if you do, they can always use your photo on file

Yes. Driving every day to work/school/mall etc. 

but I thought they might need a proof of status (since they only have my old GC on file that already expired) and it has to be a dmv appointment... well, maybe they will request for a copy of my new gc or stamp. 

27 minutes ago, Mad rabbit said:

Yes. Driving every day to work/school/mall etc. 

but I thought they might need a proof of status (since they only have my old GC on file that already expired) and it has to be a dmv appointment... well, maybe they will request for a copy of my new gc or stamp. 

I got a TN license valid for 8 years with my 1 year stamp :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.