TBoneTX

August 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

764 posts in this topic

Canelita, what's you priority date? 
I'm filing through Phoenix as well, my PD is August 29, 2017 and still not a word. I haven't even been able to check my case status online since mid-April; called them once only to hear that my case is still "pending." The guy wouldn't provide more concrete information. How did you get connected to Tier 2? 

22 hours ago, Canelita said:

Hey guys i called USCIS spoke to an officer level 2 she told me that they sent the notification for my interview 3 months ago that i was in line they are just waiting for an officer who can have an opening for my interview she said it can be any day or can take longer. I asked about my medical exam she suggest if my doctor can give me the results fast i can wait for the interview notice but if not i should do it before it expires but she said the IO in the interview will ask for those medical exams and if i don't want to slow my green card i should have it ready. She was very nice and helpful 😊.

Just call the civil surgeons and see how long you have to wait to get in for an appointment. Last year, I made a mistake of getting the medical done and now it is about to expire. I think I did not have to wait more than a few days to get an appointment, but I went in a week before my insurance expired in case I needed to get extra shots. My results were ready within 3 days.  
Currently, the estimated range of waiting times for Phoenix is 12.5-24 months and it is not getting any shorter. So technically, we could end up waiting for 2+ years or more if we are very unlucky. On the other hand, those who have been married for at least 2 years on the day of the interview get an unconditional 10-year card. I kind of hope that it'll take them 2 years to process my case, so I don't have to wait another 17+ months and pay another $700 to remove conditions. As such, I am personally not making another medical appointment till I get an invitation for an interview or I'll get one at the end of the year, a couple months before one of my shots expires. Really tired of them milking me for more fees. 

Hi again August filers!

We received our interview notice this week. Interview date 8/01 (PD 8/23/2017). I'm just relieved that the interview is just 2 weeks before my medical examination expires. Field office is Chicago btw. 

All the best for those who are still waiting for their interview!!

Aug 22 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox

Aug 23 Delivered

Aug 30 Email/text receipts of 3 

Sep 2 NOA for I-130 only

5 hours ago, AriK2000 said:

Hi again August filers!

We received our interview notice this week. Interview date 8/01 (PD 8/23/2017). I'm just relieved that the interview is just 2 weeks before my medical examination expires. Field office is Chicago btw. 

Yay congrats!!!!!! Did you get an online update??

16 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Yay congrats!!!!!! Did you get an online update??

Did not received an online update. I just went to check the mail and saw the letter in there. Up until now my online status is still "case ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Aug 22 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox

Aug 23 Delivered

Aug 30 Email/text receipts of 3 

Sep 2 NOA for I-130 only

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 1:08 PM, Phoenix Filer said:

Canelita, what's you priority date? 
I'm filing through Phoenix as well, my PD is August 29, 2017 and still not a word. I haven't even been able to check my case status online since mid-April; called them once only to hear that my case is still "pending." The guy wouldn't provide more concrete information. How did you get connected to Tier 2? 

My PD is August 9th, yes sometimes they just give general answers from their site.

Timeline
On 7/1/2018 at 8:24 AM, AriK2000 said:

Hi again August filers!

Yay 🙌🏼 congrats.

Timeline
On 6/30/2018 at 1:27 PM, Phoenix Filer said:

Just call the civil surgeons and see how long you have to wait to get in for an appointment. Last year, I made a mistake of getting the medical done and now it is about to expire. I think I did not have to wait more than a few days to get an appointment, but I went in a week before my insurance expired in case I needed to get extra shots. My results were ready within 3 days.  
Currently, the estimated range of waiting times for Phoenix is 12.5-24 months and it is not getting any shorter. So technically, we could end up waiting for 2+ years or more if we are very unlucky. On the other hand, those who have been married for at least 2 years on the day of the interview get an unconditional 10-year card. I kind of hope that it'll take them 2 years to process my case, so I don't have to wait another 17+ months and pay another $700 to remove conditions. As such, I am personally not making another medical appointment till I get an invitation for an interview or I'll get one at the end of the year, a couple months before one of my shots expires. Really tired of them milking me for more fees. 

Yes last years they gave me the results in less than a week so I'll wait for the interview notice. Hopefully for you it takes time enough to give you your green card without conditions and no need to do everything again. For me hopefully soon I have been married almost 12 years so I won't need to apply again until I want to become a us citizen.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:26 AM, AriK2000 said:

Did not received an online update. I just went to check the mail and saw the letter in there. Up until now my online status is still "case ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Okay, I've been anxiously checking my mailbox every day in the hopes that we did indeed get scheduled but didn't get the online update. However, nothing's happened yet and I'm literally on my senator's website again to email her for another inquiry. I wish they had a more efficient system. Maybe if they assigned our cases into "lots" or "groups" and were able to tell us, "You are in group #100. Group #95 has been scheduled at your local field office." #wishfulthinking :P

1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Okay, I've been anxiously checking my mailbox every day in the hopes that we did indeed get scheduled but didn't get the online update. However, nothing's happened yet and I'm literally on my senator's website again to email her for another inquiry. I wish they had a more efficient system. Maybe if they assigned our cases into "lots" or "groups" and were able to tell us, "You are in group #100. Group #95 has been scheduled at your local field office." #wishfulthinking :P

I know how that feels! Meanwhile, I keep getting email updates from DHS saying "there's no update on your case." :jest: Then I hug my green card a little tighter.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Just now, Hamilton said:

I know how that feels! Meanwhile, I keep getting email updates from DHS saying "there's no update on your case." :jest: Then I hug my green card a little tighter.

Yo man, I missed you! I'm seriously so jealous you're done with this #######. I can't take it anymore so I'm emailing my senator. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi friends! So wait, I thought medical exams aren’t needed until requested at interview? My husband is k1 to adjusting applicant. We filed everything before his medical expired from his k1. Does this mean he needs to redo it? I’m positive that I read its not needed somewhere.. 🤔

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

4 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Yo man, I missed you! I'm seriously so jealous you're done with this #######. I can't take it anymore so I'm emailing my senator. 

Do it! Can't hurt. How long does it generally take at the LA office to get an interview? 

And at least you have your EAD/AP now! It's great being done, don't get me wrong, but life is much more livable the second you have the EAD/AP at least. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

I filed i-765 & i-131 renewal. The notice of action provides a 180 day extension. That's good. They even sent another notice stating they'll be able to reuse the biometrics we provided the first time.

I have questions though since I never went through i-765 and i-131 renewal. Will those biometrics be reused for the GC as well? And I know I'm waiting for the interview and ultimately the GC, but if it so happens that they produce the card, will it be a combo card? There was no automatic extension for the i-131 so does that mean we are limited to the expiration date of the current EAD now until we either get the renewal EAD or GC? 

Whoa guys, so I don't know what happened. But I just looked at the processing times for the LA office for I-485. It used to say 11.5 to 23.5 months. But now it says 4.5 months to 23 months! It's probably a glitch, but I'm like, "Uhh where's our interview then?!?!".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.