TBoneTX

March 2017 AOS Filers, Part II

38 posts in this topic

At long last, my wife and step daughter have their green cards.  For my wife the website updated and showed approved, then a few days later we received the paper NOA/Approval, then a few days later we received the green card.  For my step daughter they never updated the website, then today we received the paper NOA/Approval and the Priority Mail package with her green card.

No interviews.  Both are two year green cards.

06/23/2016 I-129F sent, 06/27/16 NOA1 Electronic, 06/30/16 NOA1 Paper

08/25/2016 RFE Electronic, 08/29/2016 RFE Paper, 09/07/2016 RFE Corrections Received

09/15/2016 NOA2 Electronic, 09/07/2016 NOA2 Paper

09/30/2016 NVC Received, 10/04/2016 NVC Case number assigned

10/26/2016 Medical exams

11/22/2016 Interview - APPROVED!

11/28/2016 Visa/Passport shipped (Via Brazil Postal Service)

12/01/2016 Visa/Passport received, 12/02/2016 POE DFW, 12/14/2016 Married

02/24/2017 i485 sent

03/15/2017 NOA1

03/24/2017 RFE

03/31/2017 RFE Response Received

04/12/2017 Biometrics

07/07/2017 EAD produced, 07/11/2017 mailed, 07/14/2017 Received

02/14/2028 RFE, 03/06/2018 Response received

03/07/2018 i485 Approved! No interview. 03/12/2018 Paper NOA received, no SMS notification.

03/15/2018 2 year Green Card Received!!!

02/07/2020 i751 sent

02/12/2020 Paper NOA sent for i751

06/21/2021 Interview notice letter

07/29/2021 Interview

07/30/2021 Approved!

08/05/2021 10 Year GC received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, Mawiet said:

At long last, my wife and step daughter have their green cards.  For my wife the website updated and showed approved, then a few days later we received the paper NOA/Approval, then a few days later we received the green card.  For my step daughter they never updated the website, then today we received the paper NOA/Approval and the Priority Mail package with her green card.

No interviews.  Both are two year green cards.

Congrats! 

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, agnesita84 said:

Hi! I'm in Austin too, and it's been almost a year since I applied for AOS
Can you please give me the details of the doctor that did your medical? In case they ask me to do a new one too?
Thanks!!!

I see that your NOA1 date is March 15. Mine is March 30, so HOPEFULLY I'll have news soon, as I'm also in Austin.

You adjusted from a K1 as well, right?! Then you won't be required to do another medical. If you want to throw some more money out the window for another medical then go ahead and do another one. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

You adjusted from a K1 as well, right?! Then you won't be required to do another medical. If you want to throw some more money out the window for another medical then go ahead and do another one. 

I said "in case they ask me to do a new one". 

On 19/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, Mawiet said:

Dr. Roberto Miranda

1508 Dessau Ridge Ln, Austin, TX 78754

(512) 477-9202

He charged $281 each for our I-683 medical exams.  I think noting what was mentioned by user Californiansunset is worthwhile.  It sure seems like K1/K2/K3/K4 visa holders aren't required to do another medical exam according to the instructions for the I-683.

Thanks a lot, Mawiet!

Edited by agnesita84

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Our interview was scheduled yesterday at 1:00 pm at the NYC office in Manhattan, we got all the way there to learn that they were closed because of the bad weather :( Our interview is rescheduled for May 3rd. Super disappointed, it's the third time that it is rescheduled....

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

No updates from me, but thought I'll check in anyways. I've been waiting for over a year now. Any idea what's the processing time in Houston like right now? Have not received interview letter yet either. Also, after GC approval for how long is it valid, when can I apply for citizenship? 

6 hours ago, Kalciaa said:

No updates from me, but thought I'll check in anyways. I've been waiting for over a year now. Any idea what's the processing time in Houston like right now? Have not received interview letter yet either. Also, after GC approval for how long is it valid, when can I apply for citizenship? 

Your conditional Greencard will be valid for two years. You can apply to remove conditions after 1 year and 9 months after your Greencard was issued. 

Citizenship is after three years of having a Greencard (issuance from your first Greencard). You can apply for citizenhip after 2 years and 9 months of being a Greencard holder. This is only if you haven't taken any lengthy trips outside of the U.S. though 

1 hour ago, Californiansunset said:

Your conditional Greencard will be valid for two years. You can apply to remove conditions after 1 year and 9 months after your Greencard was issued. 

Citizenship is after three years of having a Greencard (issuance from your first Greencard). You can apply for citizenhip after 2 years and 9 months of being a Greencard holder. This is only if you haven't taken any lengthy trips outside of the U.S. though 

Is it specified what it means 'lengthy'?

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

2 hours ago, Martella&T said:

Is it specified what it means 'lengthy'?

Of course! With lengthy I meant significant stay outside of the US. 

If you are outside of the U.S within those three years in total more than 18months you are not eligible. Even if you are below 18months but somewhat close to that they question you. Obviously in order to apply for citizenship you also have to show good moral character (no misdemeanors, felonies, DUI etc). 

For the 5 year residency rule you have to be at least 30 months within the US. 

9 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Of course! With lengthy I meant significant stay outside of the US. 

If you are outside of the U.S within those three years in total more than 18months you are not eligible. Even if you are below 18months but somewhat close to that they question you. Obviously in order to apply for citizenship you also have to show good moral character (no misdemeanors, felonies, DUI etc). 

For the 5 year residency rule you have to be at least 30 months within the US. 

Thank you so much. Very helpful information for me. :star:

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021

3 hours ago, Martella&T said:

Thank you so much. Very helpful information for me. :star:

No worries! If you are interested in preparing that stuff in advance I would look into the fact whether your country allows Dual citizenship. For example Germany doesn't fully allow it unless you get the permit before you apply for the US citizenship that I can keep my German citizenship. So I have to apply for that 6 months before I apply for the US citizenship. It also helped looking up that stuff now so I can keep on collecting evidence for my German citizenship why I need to keep it when I gain the US citizenship (Germany is just hella complicated with its stupid bureaucracy and not wanting to have people gain another citizenship besides the German one). I'm sure Poland is not as complicated though. 

3 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

No worries! If you are interested in preparing that stuff in advance I would look into the fact whether your country allows Dual citizenship. For example Germany doesn't fully allow it unless you get the permit before you apply for the US citizenship that I can keep my German citizenship. So I have to apply for that 6 months before I apply for the US citizenship. It also helped looking up that stuff now so I can keep on collecting evidence for my German citizenship why I need to keep it when I gain the US citizenship (Germany is just hella complicated with its stupid bureaucracy and not wanting to have people gain another citizenship besides the German one). I'm sure Poland is not as complicated though. 

I had no idea that it could even possibly be an issue! Am surprised about Germany...Looked it up about Poland and something is not very clear there... It looks like the US does not want people to have dual citizenship...:-(

18 minutes ago, Martella&T said:

I had no idea that it could even possibly be an issue! Am surprised about Germany...Looked it up about Poland and something is not very clear there... It looks like the US does not want people to have dual citizenship...:-(

No no, the US allows dual citizenship, the question is whether YOUR home country does!!!!!

Just as an example, in order for me to keep my German citizenship when I gain my US one I need to prove to the Germany citizenship office A) that I still have strong ties to Germany, which I do by keeping all bank account open with cashflows, I still have stocks there etc., I still have family there that I visit regularly (once a year) so I keep my boarding passes as proof, I renewed my German ID even though I technically don't need..etc etc the list is long and B) you need to show why it would be beneficial for you to gain the US citizenship...why is it so important which I show by collecting job postings that I qualify for and would like to apply for but I can't because those are government jobs and it requires US citizenship etc. (could also be things like that you are an only-child and that at some point in your life you might have to leave the US for longer to care for your elderly parents which could risk losing your Greencard). 

This is just as an example for my country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.