Dianalorena

Ciudad Juarez taking forever to assign interviews

121 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2018 at 3:11 PM, fcl said:

Ciudad Juarez is currently taking on average 90 days from CC to interview, ours took  more, but as you said, there is no real order of "first in first out" when giving out interview dates,  users with a CC 14 days after ours got the interview one month before ours, so you never know. 

Hopefully you'll get your interview scheduled the last days of April for June.

Our interview took 525 days from NOA1 to Int.

it's incredibly frustrating, but it is what it is. We filed in February 2017, it took 311 days just for USCIS approval and we started NVC in January, so I know I still have 3 months to go or so, sigh. Do I have to call frequently? because that idea gives me anxiety! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

it's incredibly frustrating, but it is what it is. We filed in February 2017, it took 311 days just for USCIS approval and we started NVC in January, so I know I still have 3 months to go or so, sigh. Do I have to call frequently? because that idea gives me anxiety! 

From your timeline your case was complete 5 weeks after your scan date. That is a good sign, because our case was complete 11 weeks after the scan date (from June to the end of August) and assigned an interview date 3 weeks later (mid September). We went to the interview until the end of November and had the visa until December 7.

Sounds like your case is moving along and you should receive your interview date soon. I would call every other day. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

Yes, frustrating is the exact word i would use to describe the process. 

My advice would be for you to call every last 5 days of the month, and the first three days of the month, those are the days that CDJ assigns appointments.  They also assign dates any day of the month when someone cancels an appointment, but  are very unlikely,  don't get frustrated at all, just call those days.  

I called the 28th and they told me and interview date was just set, email was received like 6 days later and no NVC case status update for like 10 days.

20 hours ago, monica7777 said:

From your timeline your case was complete 5 weeks after your scan date. That is a good sign, because our case was complete 11 weeks after the scan date (from June to the end of August) and assigned an interview date 3 weeks later (mid September). We went to the interview until the end of November and had the visa until December 7.

Sounds like your case is moving along and you should receive your interview date soon. I would call every other day. 

it was completed in 5 weeks indeed, and it took them 3-4 weeks or so to give us a case number,  so I know it's better than some people, I am grateful for that. The problem is how backlogged Ciudad Juarez is, a friend of mine has been waiting for two and a half months and she doesn't have a date yet! having a date even if its 3 months down the line would be much better than not having a date, you know? just a deadline, a date to look forward to. Too much to ask apparently :P 

I'm happy you're done with it!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

17 hours ago, fcl said:

Yes, frustrating is the exact word i would use to describe the process. 

My advice would be for you to call every last 5 days of the month, and the first three days of the month, those are the days that CDJ assigns appointments.  They also assign dates any day of the month when someone cancels an appointment, but  are very unlikely,  don't get frustrated at all, just call those days.  

I called the 28th and they told me and interview date was just set, email was received like 6 days later and no NVC case status update for like 10 days.

I haven't called since we just got approved on the 15th. I know they haven't started setting the new appointments yet, maybe because of Easter? and I'm also certain I won't get an interview in May or even June since there are people approved before me waiting for one still, although I have no idea how they handle cases anymore.  But you're right, I have nothing to lose. I'll call and just ask to check on my process at the end of March/ beginning of April. Thank you! 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I called NVC today, we were approved April 10, it's been four months, Juarez apparently is taking up to six months to schedule appointments now, just be patient.

There is a website where You can make an appointment not to sure if it will work for your case to get appointment this interview is second that we have requested because we needed to wait for my husbands i601a forgiveness to be approved and was approved in four months they received it in oct 2017 and February 2018 the approval came we just had interview aug 2 2018 we had to ds260 form and it needed to be filled out and paid before the interview I believe that after you fill that form out and it sends  electronically  you will get notice. This site you can check your cases with receipt number  https://www.uscis.gov/ check your case status and also make an account

this site is where I did ds260 this site you will need the number that starts with cdj ciudad Juarez consulate 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ this site also has where to file for non immigrant ds 160

Also are you using lawyer ? 

Edited by Kikigurl9

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 8/28/2018 at 2:20 PM, Hbgarcia25 said:

Anyone with an interview I am still waiting. CC 3/29

I was finally approved for an immigrant interview on August 31, it took almost five months to schedule after NVC approval and the interview is in two months from now on October 23.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 10:20 AM, Chicagoseal said:

Where did you get that it's taking four months to get an interview date?

Oct 15 will be 5 months for me :( and still no interview 

Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 9:47 PM, ChristianZane said:

I called NVC today, we were approved April 10, it's been four months, Juarez apparently is taking up to six months to schedule appointments now, just be patient.

have you heard anything yet? Oct 15 will be 5 months already for me 

Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, ChristianZane said:

I was finally approved for an immigrant interview on August 31, it took almost five months to schedule after NVC approval and the interview is in two months from now on October 23.

I'm glad you got your interview already. for me Oct 15 will be 5 months that i been waiting. I already told my attorney to call to see what is taking so long but i guess its normal now.

Timeline

On 10/10/2018 at 5:54 PM, ana_Barajas said:

I'm glad you got your interview already. for me Oct 15 will be 5 months that i been waiting. I already told my attorney to call to see what is taking so long but i guess its normal now.

Same here, October 9th with 5 months, Looks like is taking up to 6 months to get an interview in Ciudad Juarez.

Timeline

I got CC today i totally thought it would take 8 weeks for an interview date but as im reading i see 4 to 6 months im in total shock and my wishes of having our first xmas together is a no go i guess. So priority dates are not valid any longer? I also read somewhere about a scan date? Help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.