LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Dailynm said:

I totally understand your frustration! I’m on the same exact boat as you! I’m starting to get frustrated! I know someone that filed in May and already got her EAD!  Feels like we’re on a line and people keep cutting in line! But I’m very happy for everyone that has gotten it already! Just wish we could be that lucky! 

I’m with you!!

praying it all gets accepted soon! I can’t wait to start working and I have a big trip planned back home in December so I need it all to move! 

Snaaaaail pace. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just received my letter for my interview and came with a list of documents,  even some that I have already sent. Is it a base letter same for everyone?

Also do I need to sent letter from the employer with wage and hours or just the pay stubs? (For the I864)

Thank you so much guys for all the help in this group. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, swsslfn said:

I just received my letter for my interview and came with a list of documents,  even some that I have already sent. Is it a base letter same for everyone?

Also do I need to sent letter from the employer with wage and hours or just the pay stubs? (For the I864)

Thank you so much guys for all the help in this group. 

One more thing. Do they stop processing the EAD when you get the interview scheduled? I haven't heard nothing about my EAD expedite.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, swsslfn said:

One more thing. Do they stop processing the EAD when you get the interview scheduled? I haven't heard nothing about my EAD expedite.

I don't believe so. I had my interview scheduled for July 11th, and I attended it. Because they were missing some of my paperwork I still haven't gotten an approval for it, almost a month later. However, I just got my EAD and AP approved the day before yesterday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello guys, 

I contacted my congresswoman 10 days ago asking her help for the expedited inquiry, and today her assistant forwarded their response to me:

Thank you for your follow-up inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  These cases have been requested and will be routed for expedited processing.  Once these cases are reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action.  Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for these case types, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review.  The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that these cases will be adjudicated as soon as possible.

Does this email mean they accepted the proofs and my case is on the expedited queue, or it means they will analyze the proofs and decide if I have the right to get my case expedited?

Thanks!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Iapereira said:

Hello guys, 

I contacted my congresswoman 10 days ago asking her help for the expedited inquiry, and today her assistant forwarded their response to me:

Thank you for your follow-up inquiry regarding this constituent’s immigration matter.  These cases have been requested and will be routed for expedited processing.  Once these cases are reviewed, your constituent will receive a decision or notice of further action.  Due to the extremely high volume of expedite requests for these case types, there are numerous cases involving exigent or humanitarian issues already in the expedite queue, and we are unable to provide a specific timeframe for the expedited review.  The strict enforcement of the expedite criteria means that all cases sent for expeditious handling are urgent, and we assure you that these cases will be adjudicated as soon as possible.

Does this email mean they accepted the proofs and my case is on the expedited queue, or it means they will analyze the proofs and decide if I have the right to get my case expedited?

Thanks!

It means that they will take a look as quick as they can. It was not touched yet. In other words (não foi julgado ainda)

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
3 hours ago, swsslfn said:

That is a standard letter. Take all the docs they are asking though and few more. Go to my profile and look at my review, we did a good list of things to take and maybe too much but didnt have any issues with our interview and they approved us on the spot. 

As far as the EAD goes, no they dont stop processing but once you get your GC, EAD is useless. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!

We received notification today that our card is being processed!!!! After 147 days! 

Now we we just have to wait till they mail it! That text message/email gave me and my husband such a huge sense of relief! He can finally work!

33 minutes ago, Dailynm said:

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!

We received notification today that our card is being processed!!!! After 147 days! 

Now we we just have to wait till they mail it! That text message/email gave me and my husband such a huge sense of relief! He can finally work!

Ah congrats!

I really hope I get mine soon :(

10 hours ago, Dailynm said:

What Priority Date do you have?

April 2nd. However, I don’t think the priority date means much, does it? My notice date is April 17th. 

But that’s aos. My ead and ap don’t state a “priority date” just a date received (2nd) and notice date (17th)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

April 2nd. However, I don’t think the priority date means much, does it? My notice date is April 17th. 

But that’s aos. My ead and ap don’t state a “priority date” just a date received (2nd) and notice date (17th)

I think in a perfect world the date received would mean something but because a lot of people request expedition of their cases, it slows the process. I really hope you get something soon!

Hi everyone, it has been 167 days since I applied for i-130 &  i-485, also 145 days for work permit but I have no letters or updates on USCIS website about any of my cases.They are all the same saying " Case Was Received"....... I have no updates about my EAD card either.Im just so frustrated.I see so many people getting updates about their cases like " ready to be scheduled for interview" but I have nothing like that going on.I have no energy or desire to reach out a congressman or whatever.Is there anyone who has a similar timeline and got no updates about their cases like myself? i am just so lost...Sorry for being so negative but I am just so sick of being stuck at home and not being able to work or drive.It is also really stressing me out that I dont know what is going on with any of my cases.More than 5 months and no letters or updates..Absolutely NOTHING :( Please share your timelines or experiences with me...Thank you and good luck to you all...

PS. I am from Detroit, MI and my service center is NBC

11 hours ago, Michigan24 said:

Hi everyone, it has been 167 days since I applied for i-130 &  i-485, also 145 days for work permit but I have no letters or updates on USCIS website about any of my cases.They are all the same saying " Case Was Received"....... I have no updates about my EAD card either.Im just so frustrated.I see so many people getting updates about their cases like " ready to be scheduled for interview" but I have nothing like that going on.I have no energy or desire to reach out a congressman or whatever.Is there anyone who has a similar timeline and got no updates about their cases like myself? i am just so lost...Sorry for being so negative but I am just so sick of being stuck at home and not being able to work or drive.It is also really stressing me out that I dont know what is going on with any of my cases.More than 5 months and no letters or updates..Absolutely NOTHING :( Please share your timelines or experiences with me...Thank you and good luck to you all...

PS. I am from Detroit, MI and my service center is NBC

Hey!

I live in Auburn Hills, MI.

My local office is 40 minutes away in Detroit.

Im in the same boat! My recieved date for aos, ap, ead is April 2nd.

my biometrics completed May 5th.

Getting tired of waiting! But hey, I have a feeling that this is our month!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lsthorpe1 said:

Hey!

I live in Auburn Hills, MI.

My local office is 40 minutes away in Detroit.

Im in the same boat! My recieved date for aos, ap, ead is April 2nd.

my biometrics completed May 5th.

Getting tired of waiting! But hey, I have a feeling that this is our month!

Hi,

I have same NOA1 date 4/2/2018.

We filed all three at the same time and we just got EAD/AP approved 7/31/2018.

So hopefully it's soon for you too.

What category are you filing I-485? (I am not sure if this matters or not, I want to know if this matters....)

We got I-140 approved for EB2-NIW. last Feb 2018. and we filed I-485 March 2018. I desperately need the GC asap.....to get into federal funding involved professional school.

We did biometric on 4/30 and we still don;t even have interview dates fixed.

arrrrr......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.