dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Amelsbaihi said:

hi,

my husband  paid my IV fee this morning today . it says that it's in process . but still cannot file my DS260. so how much time should i wait to be able to complete my visa application ?

The IV fee needs to be processed first before you can fill in the DS 260

8 hours ago, eoughphily said:

I received my case number on the 9th, but still cannot log into nvc.  The lady said I have to wait for welcome letter before I can log in which takes up to 4 weeks!!!  Does it really take that long?  What's the point in calling for case number if we can't so anything with it?

Usually takes no more than a week. but they are behind on everything plus the multiple snow storms that cause them to close.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am losing all confidence in NVC (see my previous post)...Theyre closed again today...praying they open later today

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

-When Harry met Sally

06/15/2017 NOA 1
01/04/2018 NOA 2
02/01/2018: USCIS case status update: Case forwarded to NVC
02/09/2018 NVC Receive
03/12/2018 NVC transferred to PIVOT department for Electronic Processing
03/27/2018 Case Number Received
03/27/2018 AOS & IV Fee Paid
03/29/2018 AOS & IV Fee status changed to "Paid"
03/29/2018 Consulate change request approved (in reply to a 3/15/2018 e-mail to asknvc@state.gov)
3/30/2018 DS 260 Completed

4/9/2018 AOS & IV Packets MAILED

4/10/2018 AOS & IV Packets UPLOADED 

4/17/2018 Requested for re-upload of two documents due to it being Landscape instead of portrait

4/24/2018 Case Completed- Received e-mail, status changed to "At NVC"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 minutes ago, crmathew1 said:

I am losing all confidence in NVC (see my previous post)...Theyre closed again today...praying they open later today

They are open now. Today NVC opened at 9:00 am eastern time.

Timeline
3 hours ago, kubes said:

I got my interview appointment yesterday for the 10th of April. I honestly wasn't expecting it at all for April. beyond happy. Good luck everyone. We are so close.

wow great news. did u have a ceac case? and whats ur embassy? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC is now open, but "due to the large number of calls we are receiving, all customer service agents are busy assisting other callers."  

They do suggest we "go to their website to review answers to frequently asked questions," however I'm not seeing an answer as to why it's taken over a month for a case number to be assigned to our case..

Edited by Boardslide450

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boardslide450 said:

NVC is now open, but "due to the large number of calls we are receiving, all customer service agents are busy assisting other callers."  

They do suggest we "go to their website to review answers to frequently asked questions," however I'm not seeing an answer as to why it's taken over a month for a case number to be assigned to our case..

lol they will say we have too many cases, or the weather, or systems were down etc etc etc

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.