dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

I received my case number on the 9th, but still cannot log into nvc.  The lady said I have to wait for welcome letter before I can log in which takes up to 4 weeks!!!  Does it really take that long?  What's the point in calling for case number if we can't so anything with it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Inder Sidhu said:

Thanks... And no need to notarize it right?

not required :)

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

On ‎2018‎/‎03‎/‎13 at 4:27 AM, Tkim said:

No no no .....

NVC is closed again tomorrow (because of the snow storm) :((((

I just called and get a little confused 

they told me my case were received on feb 12th and were labeled on feb 15th, so which date should be my Nvc receiving date?????

I received a mail from NVC about my police clearance submitted that "We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case" and this is the second time I submitted the Police clearance collected from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. I am currently based in Oversea and I sent my finger print to Alagbon , Lagos , Nigeria . Please kindly tell me what is wrong with these Police  character certificates  so that I can get another one from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria as requested.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Kasimu ola said:

I received a mail from NVC about my police clearance submitted that "We cannot accept the police certificate document you sent. You must send us the correct document so we can continue to process your case" and this is the second time I submitted the Police clearance collected from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. I am currently based in Oversea and I sent my finger print to Alagbon , Lagos , Nigeria . Please kindly tell me what is wrong with these Police  character certificates  so that I can get another one from Criminal Investigation Department, Nigeria Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria as requested.

I think u may have to travel down to Nigeria ooh. Bcs u have to physically do the fingerprint with ink on a form. The fingerprinted form along with the police clearance certificate will be sent to nvc. U can't send ur fingerprint. They won't accept anything other than that.  

19 hours ago, Netta said:

Yes that is normal because he lived there for two years. I found the following information on travel.state.gov. once you enter country-specific you will find the information needed for your country

Police/ Prison Records

Available

Fees: MAD 20 to MAD 30

Document Name: Extrait de la Fiche Anthropometrique

Issuing Government Authority: Central Police Station of the Locality

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: N/A

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Ministry of the Interior

Registration Criteria: Possession of new format Carte Nationale (ID card)

Procedure for Obtaining: Moroccan citizens, over 18 years of age, must obtain a Fiche Anthropometrique and a Casier Judiciaire from the Central Police station at their place of residence. The identity card, which is necessary to obtain the Fiche Anthropometrique, is not available to Moroccans under 18, therefore, Moroccans aged 16 to 18 should present an extract from the judicial records (Extrait du Casier Judiciaire). Police records are not delivered to third parties.

A Fiche Anthropometrique can be obtained by resident citizens of Morocco upon presentation of the new format National Identification Card (Carte d’Identite Nationale), a stamped self-addressed envelope, and a fee to the Service de l'Anthropometrie of the Central Police Station of the place of residence. Non-resident Moroccan citizens may request a Fiche Anthropometrique by writing directly to the Direction General de la Surete Nationale, Fichier Central de L'Anthropometrie, Rabat. The number and date of issue of the new format Carte Nationale must be included in the request. The fiche Anthropometrique is delivered only to bearers of the new format Carte Nationale.

Comments: Only Moroccan citizens can get a police certificate.

Court Records

Available

Fees: MAD 20 to 30

Document Name: Extrait du Casier Judiciare

Issuing Government Authority: For Moroccans and foreigners born in Morocco: Tribunal de Premiere Instance at the place of residence.

For non-Moroccans resident in Morocco: Casier Judiciare Central, Ministere de la Justice, Rabat

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: N/A

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: N/A

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants must present some form of official document, such as a birth certificate, carte d'immatriculation, or a passport at the time of application. Foreigners not born in Morocco must make an application to the Casier Judiciaire Central.  Requests by mail must be accompanied by an authenticated identity paper bearing pertinent identity information, a photograph of the applicant and a self-addressed envelope. Court (penal) records are not delivered to third parties.

Certified Copies Available: N/A

Alternate Documents: N/A

Comments: Not available to foreigners not currently resident in Morocco. Moroccans between the age of 16 and 18 need only produce this certificate, as they are not eligible to get a Police Certificate.

Hope this helps

Yes thank you for your help!!!!! 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rawanruru said:

Nvc is closed today omg 

Don't they open at 7? Maybe after half an hour we should call and check.  Or did they say it's closed all day today?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, MrsKhan said:

Don't they open at 7? Maybe after half an hour we should call and check.  Or did they say it's closed all day today?

It's 7:25 now. Daylight saving time has started. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.