stm

I-693 for AOS interview is required ??

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi,

I have my interview at the end of March for AOS from K-1.

I have a medical exam done by a panel physician that is valid to August 2018

The medical exam sheet DS-3025 is completed : US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket waiver) box is checked.

The interview letter ask for form I-693 for medical exam done by surgeon. I want to be sure that I don't get any RFE the day of the interview. attached screen shot of the I-693 instructions.

My questions is about the last paragraph in the instructions (in red rectangle) :

1-Do you think it is better to go to a surgeon and the parts : 1, 2 ,3, 4, 6, 9   ??

2-Did any one have a problem although he has completed vaccinations and still within the 1 year validity ???

vacc.PNG

Timeline

Hi,

I have my interview at the end of March for AOS from K-1.

I have a medical exam done by a panel physician that is valid to August 2018

The medical exam sheet DS-3025 is completed : US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket waiver) box is checked.

The interview letter ask for form I-693 for medical exam done by surgeon. I want to be sure that I don't get any RFE the day of the interview. attached screen shot of the I-693 instructions.

My questions is about the last paragraph in the instructions (in red rectangle) :

1-Do you think it is better to go to a surgeon and the parts : 1, 2 ,3, 4, 6, 9   ??  (As mentioned in the paragraph in the red rectangle)

2-Did any one have a problem although he has completed vaccinations and still within the 1 year validity ???

3-What is a medical condition A ? is it talking about the '  A ' Blanket waiver legend in the DS 3025 (you can find it in the bottom of the DS 3025) ?? 

vacc.PNG

25 minutes ago, stm said:

Hi,

I have my interview at the end of March for AOS from K-1.

I have a medical exam done by a panel physician that is valid to August 2018

The medical exam sheet DS-3025 is completed : US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a Blanket waiver) box is checked.

The interview letter ask for form I-693 for medical exam done by surgeon. I want to be sure that I don't get any RFE the day of the interview. attached screen shot of the I-693 instructions.

1-Do you think it is better to go to a surgeon and the parts : 1, 2 ,3, 4, 6, 9   ??

vacc.PNG

If you had your medical already in your homecountry and you filed AOS within one your of the expiry date of it (which it seems you did) you won't need a new medical

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

If you had your medical already in your homecountry and you filed AOS within one your of the expiry date of it (which it seems you did) you won't need a new medical

3-What is a medical condition A ? is it talking about the '  A ' Blanket waiver legend in the DS 3025 (you can find it in the bottom of the DS 3025) ?? 

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

I don't think so. I filed my AOS within 1 year and still got the rfe for medical exams even tho i already had the biometrics done.

Timeline
1 hour ago, G_player said:

I don't think so. I filed my AOS within 1 year and still got the rfe for medical exams even tho i already had the biometrics done.

Ur medical is still valid now or not?

If it expires before the interview then that's why maybe

13 hours ago, G_player said:

If you adjusted from K1 and filed within one year after getting the medical, technically USCIS is not supposed to give you a RFE for that or request a new one prior to the interview. Some IOs are poorly trained and request a new one if it has been expired prior to the AOS interview. Some people chose to then bring a printout from the official USCIS website that specifically says that K1s don't have do one again... it's up to you basically whether you fight it or pay the money for a new one...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** two threads merged and a third without replies removed.  Please do not post more than once on an issue; if you have more info, an update or follow on questions, post them as a reply in the original thread. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

**** two threads merged and a third without replies removed.  Please do not post more than once on an issue; if you have more info, an update or follow on questions, post them as a reply in the original thread. *****

U deleted the ones with more details..-_-

That should be a way to edit a post or delete it

Timeline
2 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

If you adjusted from K1 and filed within one year after getting the medical, technically USCIS is not supposed to give you a RFE for that or request a new one prior to the interview. Some IOs are poorly trained and request a new one if it has been expired prior to the AOS interview. Some people chose to then bring a printout from the official USCIS website that specifically says that K1s don't have do one again... it's up to you basically whether you fight it or pay the money for a new one...

Still not understand if that guy has expired medical the day he had the interview...because that is not my case..I'll be having the medical not expired yet

1 hour ago, stm said:

Still not understand if that guy has expired medical the day he had the interview...because that is not my case..I'll be having the medical not expired yet

Either way if the box is checked that your medical is complete you don't have to get a new one... you're adjusting from a K1 visa so whether it's been a year or not doesn't matter. Chances are slim you get a poorly trained IO who's going to ask for a new one. As long as you entered the US within 6 months of having your medical done and did your AOS before the 90 days entry period was over you're good. I had my AOS interview 7 months after my medical technically had expired. It was fine, no one asked for a new one. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Californiansunset said:

Either way if the box is checked that your medical is complete you don't have to get a new one... you're adjusting from a K1 visa so whether it's been a year or not doesn't matter. Chances are slim you get a poorly trained IO who's going to ask for a new one. As long as you entered the US within 6 months of having your medical done and did your AOS before the 90 days entry period was over you're good. I had my AOS interview 7 months after my medical technically had expired. It was fine, no one asked for a new one. 

Okt thanks.

I will just take my ds3025  and copy of the i693 instructions 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi @stm Have you/ your spouse had the interview yet? Can you clarify whether form I693 is needed for AOS interview? Thank you~

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Timeline
14 hours ago, keixjil said:

Hi @stm Have you/ your spouse had the interview yet? Can you clarify whether form I693 is needed for AOS interview? Thank you~

Yeah we did it last friday. And no we didn't need that because it is still valid. Look at the instruction for the I-693 form.

But they sent u a standard paper for the interview where it says you bring I-693. All I did is took my DS-3025 and the instruction page of I-693 in case they say that I require the form -639 so I show them that it is not required. But the lady in the interview was professional and knows what to do well and she said it to me by herself that I don't require the form as my DS-3025 still valid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.