aesp

Case Was Received At My Local Office

1,585 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, AmelieAino said:

It used to show if you registered and logged into their system, then looked up your case numbers while logged in. Now the case history seems to be gone (at least for me).

Hmm... when I read this I wanted to double check. But when I log in. I can see the case numbers that have been added and the history of all of the cases that were added. Are you 100% sure you are logged in and have the cases added to your account? 

3 minutes ago, jadeswanson said:

Hmm... when I read this I wanted to double check. But when I log in. I can see the case numbers that have been added and the history of all of the cases that were added. Are you 100% sure you are logged in and have the cases added to your account? 

Yep, 100% sure... it was showing case history before (address change) and now it's blank. It went blank at the same time that the date changed. First it said my local office received the case on February 26, now it says March 5.

"Next steps" is still populated, though.

Spoiler

K-1 Fiance Visa:
I-129F Sent:     2013-09-30
I-129F NOA1:     2013-10-03
I-129F NOA2:     2013-11-01
Interview Date:     2014-01-15
US Entry:     2014-02-06
Marriage:     2014-03-22

Adjustment Of Status:
Date Filed:     2014-04-19
NOA Date:     2014-04-24
Bio. Appt.:     2014-05-27
Interview waived!!

Approval Date:     2015-04-06
Greencard Received:     2015-04-15

Removing Conditions:
Date Filed:     2017-01-23
NOA Date:     2017-01-27

Bio. Appt.:     2017-02-13

"Case received at local office":    2018-02-26 and 2018-03-05 --- Not a case transfer. Still waiting!

Approved:     2018-06-22

11 minutes ago, AmelieAino said:

Yep, 100% sure... it was showing case history before (address change) and now it's blank. It went blank at the same time that the date changed. First it said my local office received the case on February 26, now it says March 5.

"Next steps" is still populated, though.

That is so strange. Unfortunately i dont have an answer to this. Maybe post some screen shots so other people can see what you are talking about as they may be having this exact same issue. I hope it gets fixed for you though because i agree this could be a little frustrating.

11 hours ago, babe2012 said:

How can you see the case history and the next steps?

Create a login account

Edited by Vincent Chu

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
D (Hong Kong applicant) & V (US Citizen Petitioner) @ Seattle
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

***Commenced Naturalization N-400 Process on 07/14/2019

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2020 Jan 01 - N-400: Processing time during COVID-19 Pandemic ~16 months

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 July / August 2019 Filers

N-400 Seattle Tracker

40 minutes ago, sweetswinks said:

WOW! 

I am in Pittsburgh too. That's crazy you were approved already after only 7 months.

EDIT: Wait if your local office is Pittsburgh, why did your case go to CSC?

Our attorneys are located in California so thats where they filed our papers.

3 hours ago, Tcarrol said:

We are the July 2017 couple just receiving a letter yesterday about being approved.  Our attorney also received the same notification and inquired further just to be sure this wasn't a mistake.  All of us are guessing that our paperwork was forwarded to our local Pittsburgh office to be reviewed and it was approved before the online system was repaired on Sunday.  So, the glitch with the system was more than likely a repair to a system not operating properly.  Once repaired, it would populate everyone's notices with March 4, because that was the date the repairs were made.  Therefore, we are assuming that anyone with that notice on the online system probably had their files transferred weeks ago and that decisions should be forthcoming for many more of us.  Meanwhile, we were not interviewed for AOS or ROC so the transfer of files is just an attempt to spread out the load from the California Service Center.  The same may be occurring for the Vermont Service Center.  

Hi! Congratulations! However I'm confused, as I saw in July 2017 fillers your approval was not coming from your local office? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So, after the update last week about my case being received at my local office on 26 February, 2018, I decided to add that receipt number to my online account and now I'm second guessing myself about the bulk updates being a glitch.  It seems they have or are in the process of sending a NOA.  November 2016 Filer here.  Below is what it says:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

2 minutes ago, teshah said:

So, after the update last week about my case being received at my local office on 26 February, 2018, I decided to add that receipt number to my online account and now I'm second guessing myself about the bulk updates being a glitch.  It seems they have or are in the process of sending a NOA.  November 2016 Filer here.  Below is what it says:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 28, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

Yeah, definitely does not seem like a glitch to me either as it clearly says you will be receiving a notice.

Just popping in to say my date changed to March 5th also

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On March 5, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number

-K-1 Timeline-                                                                                         -ROC Timeline-
Visited girlfriend first time - 07/20/13                                                    Sent - 12/16/16
I-129f Filed - 08/04/13                                                                              NOA 1 - 12/19/16
NOA1 - 08/20/13                                                                                       Biometrics - 01/27/17
Visited girlfriend second time - 09/10/13 - 09/30/13                       Card Production - 6/14/18
RFE - 08/28/13 (parental consent from courthouse)                        Card in hand - 6/21/18
NOA2 - 11/05/13
Visited girlfriend third time - 11/14/13                                           -Citizenship filed Dec 13th 2018-
Case Shipped to NVC - 12/16/13                                                       Biometrics - Jan 3rd, 2018
NVC Case number - 12/26/13                                                            Interview - September 27th 2019 (Approved!)
Sent to London Embassy - 12/27/13                                                Oath - October 31st 2019 (Journey finally OVER!!)
DS - 160 Sent - 05/01/14
Readiness Form Sent - 06/01/14
Medical - 01/09/14
DS Forms & Medical Received By Embassy - 01/14/14
Interview - 02/13/14 APPROVED!!
CEAC Issued - 02/19/14
Visa in hand - 02/24/14
POE: Newark - 02/25/14
Married - 03/22-14

-AOS Timeline-
Filed - 04/16/14
NOA1 Email - 04/24/14

NOA1 Letters - 04/28/14

Biometrics Appointment - 05/19/14

RFE - 04/16/14

EAD Card Production - 07/03/14

EAD In Hand - 07/11/14

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 07/29/14

Approved! - 03/16/15 (Took Almost 11 months total)

19 minutes ago, teshah said:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

Omgosh!!! This is great news. You said you added your wac # to your online account? So if i am checking my account only by using "case status" I should actually create an account? Also just to confirm, what day in Nov is your NOA? I am Dec 22 so im just trying to see if they are working early nov or late nov 🤞🏼🤞🏼. Congradulations. Please keep us posted o  what the notice says and where it is coming from. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, teshah said:

February 26, 2018

We received your case

Hey There !  just a quick ask- are you a VSC or CSC filer ? All the best !!

31 minutes ago, Scazy said:

Hi! Congratulations! However I'm confused, as I saw in July 2017 fillers your approval was not coming from your local office? 

No.  Someone on that thread said that all approvals come from The National Benefits Center in Missouri.  That was the return address on the envelope.  I don't know for sure who approved our application, whether it was California or our local office in Pennsylvania.  Our attorney in California is a big firm and they said we were their only ROC client approved since 2016, so they are trying to find out an answer as well.

Hi everyone,

Let's get some data here to understand whether it's a glitch or not. Please feel free to fill out whatever you feel comfortable sharing.

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

VJNAME

I-751 Date

CASE TRANSFERRED 1

CASE TRANSFERRED 2

INTERVIEW

RFE

APPROVED

WAIVER

STATE OF RESIDENCE

STAT on initial receipt

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

VJNAME

I-751 Date

CASE TRANSFERRED 1

CASE TRANSFERRED 2

INTERVIEW

RFE

APPROVED

WAIVER

STATE OF RESIDENCE

STAT on initial receipt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, divorcedgayman said:

Hi everyone,

Let's get some data here to understand whether it's a glitch or not. Please feel free to fill out whatever you feel comfortable sharing.

CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

VJNAME

I-751 Date

CASE TRANSFERRED 1

CASE TRANSFERRED 2

INTERVIEW

RFE

APPROVED

WAIVER

STATE OF RESIDENCE

STAT on initial receipt

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

VJNAME

I-751 Date

CASE TRANSFERRED 1

CASE TRANSFERRED 2

INTERVIEW

RFE

APPROVED

WAIVER

STATE OF RESIDENCE

STAT on initial receipt

I made a spreadsheet for tracking https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11zRvIHWRI_DbxJC4nqhekYmuHM1gOytWC7K-qnrVC2Y/edit?usp=sharing

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.