strandedlost

Left my wife, she made accusations with her family

37 posts in this topic

My question is however, lets say i make it through and become an LPR. and i would still have roughly 2.5-3 years until i can apply for citzenship, within that time could i get a letter from USCIS asking me to come for an interview???? or once its approved from the service center thats it???

You would need to go through the whole process of removing conditions and becoming a permanent resident first. Once that happens then you file paperwork at the correct time for citizenship.

Concentrate on one stage of the process at a time and dont be worrying now about citizenship its way too far off!!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

My question is however, lets say i make it through and become an LPR. and i would still have roughly 2.5-3 years until i can apply for citzenship, within that time could i get a letter from USCIS asking me to come for an interview???? or once its approved from the service center thats it???

WOW! If I were in this situation I cannot simply think of wanting citizenship anymore.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

My ex husband did the same to me, wrote to the powers that be, made accusations that the marriage was fraudulent, that I made misrepresentations. He sent at least a 20 page document :blink: My vawa case was investigated by ICE last January . I had a lot of documentation to show that our marriage was bone fide. The validity of our marriage was never questioned by ICE or anyone. I passed that requirement of VAWA with flying colours

I agree, worry about what steps you need to take now. Get a lawyer to help you through this.

Shona

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

First you do not have to apply for Citizenship.

Second if you have had conditions removed then unless there is something new that comes up, I do not see how it impacts naturalisation.

But as has been pointed out, first things first.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Second if you have had conditions removed then unless there is something new that comes up, I do not see how it impacts naturalisation.

I sense the OP is asking about naturalisation because he seems to believe that it will ensure some sort of protection to his LPR status. I get this impression because he appears to be operating under an assumption that even after receiving LPR status once conditions are removed, USCIS can call him for a follow up interview, ex facto. The fact is that once an LPR without conditions, only a substantial claim of fraud could or would cause USCIS to consider rescission.

To be pedantic, ;) one can apply for citizenship even if one has not yet received an approval on a petition to remove conditions from permanent residency if one satisfies all other requirements. Typically, in this sort of situation, should the alien's naturalisation interview be scheduled during the pendency of the I-751, the pending I-751 will be adjudicated at the same time as the naturalisation interview.

"Bumps in the road" means that if your wife and her family are compelling in their arguments to USCIS; if they provide documentation or evidence to refute your claim that the marriage was legitimate; if they provide USCIS with reason to believe that the marriage was entered into on your behalf solely for immigration benefit, then there is a chance, in fact, a good chance that you might be called in for an interview with an AO or an investigator in the Anti-Fraud Unit of your local district office.

Up to this point I would have said that you are worrying needlessly. However, "having a lease for a couple of years" that indicates that you and your wife cohabited, and other papers that "coincide with that", as you say, does not demonstrate a 'bonafide" marriage in my eyes, or in those of USCIS, for that matter. If you are resting your case on this type of documentation, "buckle up"!!!! :blush:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

what kind of visa you come here on CR1? well sounds like you came on CR1 since your talking removal of conditions. here is the thing. you can stay here 2 years. yeah yeah.

and you can remove the conditions on your own. yeah yeah. if you have proof to show you had a valid marriage entered in good faith i see no problem. but, that dont mean you cant be deported. My ex husband was deported he was here on CR1. :lol::lol:

The problem I see with your post is basicly your all talking about saving your azz. but, your not saying how you want to save your marriage or make it work!! if you been abused where is the documentation? your gonna need it at your hearing.

Yes, it was a CR1, yes i have proof, (im guessing you DIDN'T read my post clearly), and under my understanding, NO you can't be deported just because of a failed marriage, when the divorce is final, i know the petition will have to be withdrawn and submitted again, which i will tick the box that the marriage ended in divorce, which i have far greater evidence for than i would being abused, even though the abuse came into it, and was one of the biggest factors..

By the way, a "hearing" is only for people that have to appear before an immigration judge.

Buddy. what makes you think you will not have a hearing? :whistle:

see you THINK you got it all figured out. so why post on VJ- mr know it all.

your putting the cart before the horse. your talking about naturalization but,

you have not dodged the deportation bullet. - man phleaze. :unsure:

I just wish you would STF UP already. I really wouldn't take anything this ignorant, uneduacted, lonely, DIVORCEE has to say.

Your so not even talking about me :unsure:

I am married ...DUH

shon.gif

I sense the OP is asking about naturalisation because he seems to believe that it will ensure some sort of protection to his LPR status. I get this impression because he appears to be operating under an assumption that even after receiving LPR status once conditions are removed, USCIS can call him for a follow up interview, ex facto. The fact is that once an LPR without conditions, only a substantial claim of fraud could or would cause USCIS to consider rescission.

To be pedantic, ;) one can apply for citizenship even if one has not yet received an approval on a petition to remove conditions from permanent residency if one satisfies all other requirements. Typically, in this sort of situation, should the alien's naturalisation interview be scheduled during the pendency of the I-751, the pending I-751 will be adjudicated at the same time as the naturalisation interview.

"Bumps in the road" means that if your wife and her family are compelling in their arguments to USCIS; if they provide documentation or evidence to refute your claim that the marriage was legitimate; if they provide USCIS with reason to believe that the marriage was entered into on your behalf solely for immigration benefit, then there is a chance, in fact, a good chance that you might be called in for an interview with an AO or an investigator in the Anti-Fraud Unit of your local district office.

Up to this point I would have said that you are worrying needlessly. However, "having a lease for a couple of years" that indicates that you and your wife cohabited, and other papers that "coincide with that", as you say, does not demonstrate a 'bonafide" marriage in my eyes, or in those of USCIS, for that matter. If you are resting your case on this type of documentation, "buckle up"!!!! :blush:

Ok then, if what i have doesnt demonstrate a "bona-fide" marriage in your eyes, or that of USCIS, then what would??? i have joint bank accounts, all the "typical" things a normal married couple would have except children (no use having a kid with someone you left now is it?, logically)

then what would be a bona-fide relationship???

strandedlost,

Get an immigration attorney to help you with this, you need one.

Yodrak

Ok then, if what i have doesnt demonstrate a "bona-fide" marriage in your eyes, or that of USCIS, then what would??? i have joint bank accounts, all the "typical" things a normal married couple would have except children (no use having a kid with someone you left now is it?, logically)

then what would be a bona-fide relationship???

Edited by Yodrak

I really wouldn't take anything this ignorant, uneduacted, lonely, DIVORCEE has to say.

There are many on here who are divorcees

Sorry Lisa,

My comment was not directed to all divorcees, I in fact am divorced also. I just directing it to the ignorant divorce. I can't stand people who think they know it all and then have to bash others, especially when they are just seeking help.

what kind of visa you come here on CR1? well sounds like you came on CR1 since your talking removal of conditions. here is the thing. you can stay here 2 years. yeah yeah.

and you can remove the conditions on your own. yeah yeah. if you have proof to show you had a valid marriage entered in good faith i see no problem. but, that dont mean you cant be deported. My ex husband was deported he was here on CR1. :lol::lol:

The problem I see with your post is basicly your all talking about saving your azz. but, your not saying how you want to save your marriage or make it work!! if you been abused where is the documentation? your gonna need it at your hearing.

Yes, it was a CR1, yes i have proof, (im guessing you DIDN'T read my post clearly), and under my understanding, NO you can't be deported just because of a failed marriage, when the divorce is final, i know the petition will have to be withdrawn and submitted again, which i will tick the box that the marriage ended in divorce, which i have far greater evidence for than i would being abused, even though the abuse came into it, and was one of the biggest factors..

By the way, a "hearing" is only for people that have to appear before an immigration judge.

I just wish you would STF UP already. I really wouldn't take anything this ignorant, uneduacted, lonely, DIVORCEE has to say.

I am married ...DUH

Well as a matter of fact I was...DUHHHHHHH. You may not be divorced now, (poor husband of yours now), but you sure as hell were before. I can not see who the He!! would want to marry you and put up with you BS. Thank God, your ex does not have to deal with you anymore. Bet he is jumping up and down for joy!!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I am married ...DUH

Well as a matter of fact I was...DUHHHHHHH. You may not be divorced now, (poor husband of yours now), but you sure as hell were before. I can not see who the He!! would want to marry you and put up with you BS. Thank God, your ex does not have to deal with you anymore. Bet he is jumping up and down for joy!!

Totally unecessary and very rude. :o:o People here are trying to help you. I can't help but wonder if your ex is jumping up and down !!!!!!!!!

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

I am married ...DUH

Totally unecessary and very rude. :o:o People here are trying to help you. I can't help but wonder if your ex is jumping up and down !!!!!!!!!

LMAO, maybe he is and maybe he isn't but I will have to ask him seeing as we do talk every time and again. If I may ask...... What is it you are trying to help "ME" with?? I have not asked for anything, I was commenting on an ignorant remark from someone who has nothing better to do than try and "ACCUSE" someone of saving his a!! to stay here, when the OP was only looking for help, not some ignorant remark from a insensitive know it all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Why in Hell would he want to save his marriage if he was being abused, what an idiotic remark. And you would be saving your azz to if you were in his situation. If you would of takin the time to read his first post instead of gloating over the victory of having your husband deported, then you would of known the situation. I wonder...... did you have your husband deported because he truly did something wrong or was it because you guys were not getting along. I am going to assume it is #2, NO doubt it was your attitude and way of thinking that caused it. WJR

anybody else just feel like giving up? I have, but my love for Maggie keeps me sane

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.