SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,801 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline
18 hours ago, madameMaison said:

I emailed the consulate with regards to interview dates and my main question was WHEN can we expect new dates to be released. I raised the concern that my NOA2 is due for expiry in February... 

I hope that email magically makes a difference for us to atleast KNOW when to expect dates because hoping and checking everyday is more torturous and with that method, i stand higher chances of getting a heart attack the DAY those interview dates appear because they have been so non existent.

8 hours ago, JS5220 said:

Please let us know what they say!! Im really curious after that snotty response my fiance got. Hopefully yours will be better

Interested as well. I've been thinking about our expiry date as well ours expires in the very beginning of Feb. 

I-129F Sent: April 12, 2018

I-129F Received: April 13, 2018 (confirmation by email)

I-129F NOA1: April 18, 2018

I-129F NOA2: October 5, 2018 (received by mail on October 12, 2018)

NVC Received: November 1, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: November 2, 2018

Left NVC: November 13, 2018

Arrived at Embassy: November 19, 2018

Packet 3: November 27, 2018

Packet 4: December 14, 2018

Interview: February 7, 2019

Timeline
On 12/10/2018 at 8:59 PM, MozambiqueSoninha said:

My step daughter is in Chimoio - I am currently in the US.  My wife ran into the same thing but I think the attorney when going through the documents asked us specifically - "Is this the "Narativa completa de nascimento" which she realized it wasnt it was the cedula.  

No interview yet with the rejection on the birth certificate and request for police clearance 

It turns out he has the document already. So that was a relief that we didn't have to worry about that. He has an original from 2014, so I imagine that is fine as that information doesn't change. We just need to work on getting everything translated here soon. 

I hope that you are able to schedule an interview soon. Best of luck and best wishes!

3 hours ago, Pdvdw said:

This morning I woke up to a SMS that the birth certificate is ready, so happy haha. Thanks for your help.

For anyone who may read this and is still waiting for theirs: I contacted all the companies who can help with Birth Certificates, and the most helpful ones were Q-Line. They said they would be able to probably get it to me in 2 weeks (before Christmas). Bunnyhop said they don't process applications that have already started like mine, and Docassist closes on Friday and said I'll have to call them again in the new year.

Glad it worked out for you!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

3 hours ago, Mozam said:

Interested as well. I've been thinking about our expiry date as well ours expires in the very beginning of Feb. 

I think mines expire in Feb too.....however I think u get automatic extension..... It will be 1yr since we filed at the end of Jan. *sigh* I never thought this process would take so long

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
4 hours ago, LuFlolady said:

I think mines expire in Feb too.....however I think u get automatic extension..... It will be 1yr since we filed at the end of Jan. *sigh* I never thought this process would take so long

You are not alone 💔

13 hours ago, Pdvdw said:

This morning I woke up to a SMS that the birth certificate is ready, so happy haha. Thanks for your help.

For anyone who may read this and is still waiting for theirs: I contacted all the companies who can help with Birth Certificates, and the most helpful ones were Q-Line. They said they would be able to probably get it to me in 2 weeks (before Christmas). Bunnyhop said they don't process applications that have already started like mine, and Docassist closes on Friday and said I'll have to call them again in the new year.

Best way to wake up!! Congrats. One step closer!!

Thanks for heads up about the companies. I'll let other people know.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Confusedtinybird said:

Best way to wake up!! Congrats. One step closer!!

Thanks for heads up about the companies. I'll let other people know.

We used immigration boutique and they are very helpful and fast.

04/25/18  - I-129F sent Overnight Priority USPS to PO Box in Dallas

04/28/18  - USCIS signed for I-129F

05/01/18  -  Electronic NOA1

05/05/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

10/17/18  -  NOA2 

10/22/18  -  NOA2 received

11/14/18  -  NVC received case

11/23/18  -  NVC issued case number

12/11/18  -  NVC in transit

12/27/18  - P3 Received

03/28/19  -  Interview

04/11/19  -  Entry to US

07/07/19  -  Wedding

08/09/19  -  Filed AOS/EAD/AP

08/12/19  -  NOA1

09/04/19  -  Biometric Appointment

10/10/19  -  Notice of Ready For Interview  

12/06/19  -  AP/EAD Approved

12/16/19  -  AP/EAD Card Received

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview Scheduled Text

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview NOA

04/16/20  -  AOS Interview (E-notice of  interview cancellation received 03/31/20)

Timeline

Any of you that recently scheduled your interview.. Have you scheduled your medical interview yet? If so, what dates did they give you?

We got an email back with our dates and they are so far ahead of our interview for us. 18 & 21 of Jan. Once you factor in having to wait to get our passport back after our interview on the 7th of Feb this would put us spending almost a whole month in SA since we are traveling from Moz. I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if they'll work with us and move them closer to our interview date. Anyone know if they are flexible like this? We are going to the clinic in JNB. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline
On 12/16/2018 at 11:36 AM, Mozam said:

Any of you that recently scheduled your interview.. Have you scheduled your medical interview yet? If so, what dates did they give you?

We got an email back with our dates and they are so far ahead of our interview for us. 18 & 21 of Jan. Once you factor in having to wait to get our passport back after our interview on the 7th of Feb this would put us spending almost a whole month in SA since we are traveling from Moz. I'm going to try and call tomorrow and see if they'll work with us and move them closer to our interview date. Anyone know if they are flexible like this? We are going to the clinic in JNB. 

This is my fear - I am in the same boat, so I look forward to your answer - we will be in a hotel in joburg waiting - While my step daughter will love this mini-vacation it will be counting the hours till take off experience for me 

Timeline
21 hours ago, MozambiqueSoninha said:

This is my fear - I am in the same boat, so I look forward to your answer - we will be in a hotel in joburg waiting - While my step daughter will love this mini-vacation it will be counting the hours till take off experience for me 

I emailed them and they pushed it back a week to the 25th & 28th. Not exactly what we were hoping for as we still have to wait a week and half to sit around JNB waiting for the interview. However, it is better than the first set of dates they gave us. 

So, do any of you have any suggestions of fun cheap things to do in JNB while we wait? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Mozam said:

I emailed them and they pushed it back a week to the 25th & 28th. Not exactly what we were hoping for as we still have to wait a week and half to sit around JNB waiting for the interview. However, it is better than the first set of dates they gave us. 

So, do any of you have any suggestions of fun cheap things to do in JNB while we wait? 

Yeah second that - gonna need some stuff to do - I think the mall will get old quick, though I am sure my 16 year old step daughter will disagree.  

Timeline

Hi guys. Got our “READY” status on the NVC website today. Can I do anything so long or should I wait for them to contact us to schedule things?

Also, what is the timelines at the moment from getting “Ready” to the interview date at the JHB US embassy?

Thank you!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Pdvdw said:

Hi guys. Got our “READY” status on the NVC website today. Can I do anything so long or should I wait for them to contact us to schedule things?

Also, what is the timelines at the moment from getting “Ready” to the interview date at the JHB US embassy?

Thank you!

Congrats - I am dreaming of logging into CEAC and not seeing additional messages with new requests but instead a positive case complete / ready message - even if the interview schedule is the next "wait" I have to deal with....

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Pdvdw said:

Thank you!

Congratulations on your Ready Status ! 

Once you have your case number from the NVC you can start preparing your DS-160. Make sure you double, triple and octuple check all the answers you have filled in on your Ds-160 before confirming it. 

In the meantime, you can expect an email from one of the SA consulates and that email will basically contain an instruction page of all the things we've been preparing for since starting the visa process, the interview booking fee, and it will contain the doctor's information. 

It took 4 days for us to recieve our packet 3 from the embassy after the status changed to 'Ready', however, with it being holiday season and all I don't know how long it will take for you to recieve packet 3.

Timeline

So who is still waiting on an interview date?  We should form a group so we can message each other when dates are posted.  It worked well for the last group, I just wasn't "Ready" yet.  But we are now, and it looks like the next interview dates posted will be for March.  Anyone who is "In Transit" or "Ready" without an interview date, please reply here so we can join forces to monitor the page.

04/25/18  - I-129F sent Overnight Priority USPS to PO Box in Dallas

04/28/18  - USCIS signed for I-129F

05/01/18  -  Electronic NOA1

05/05/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

10/17/18  -  NOA2 

10/22/18  -  NOA2 received

11/14/18  -  NVC received case

11/23/18  -  NVC issued case number

12/11/18  -  NVC in transit

12/27/18  - P3 Received

03/28/19  -  Interview

04/11/19  -  Entry to US

07/07/19  -  Wedding

08/09/19  -  Filed AOS/EAD/AP

08/12/19  -  NOA1

09/04/19  -  Biometric Appointment

10/10/19  -  Notice of Ready For Interview  

12/06/19  -  AP/EAD Approved

12/16/19  -  AP/EAD Card Received

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview Scheduled Text

02/27/20  -  AOS Interview NOA

04/16/20  -  AOS Interview (E-notice of  interview cancellation received 03/31/20)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.