IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sej said:

Hey guys!

I have a question, after you file the ds-160 how did you pay? Or when?

I need some help, I already have my case and invoice number and case already left NVC

Did you look to the Embassy website?  All information is listed

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
27 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Did you look to the Embassy website?  All information is listed

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Thank you I did come across it a while ago somehow I forgot about it. That was helpful!

1 hour ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Did you file the ds-160 and scheduled your interview? If not now is the time. Im still waiting on NVC to receive uhhh i hate waiting lol.

Hi! Thanks for the respond, I realized I didn't make a whole lot of sense with my previous message with me being half a sleep. Anyways, so I should go ahead and start the DS-160 and not wait for any other email or letter at this point? 

IMG_7288.PNG

Edited by Mirtils24

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Mirtils24 said:

Hi! Thanks for the respond, I realized I didn't make a whole lot of sense with my previous message with me being half a sleep. Anyways, so I should go ahead and start the DS-160 and not wait for any other email or letter at this point? 

IMG_7288.PNG

Yes dear go ahead submit the ds 160. Print out the confirmation. Then follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogeExpress,  I believe the next day you will be able to schedule the interview. From then once you have the confirmation sheet for your scheduled interview you can provide that to one of the listed dr.s to schedule medical. Then thats it. Get to your interview and get that Visa!      (This link is very helpful also  http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince)   ( also you can contact the embassy and have them email packet 3 to you)

2 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Yes dear go ahead submit the ds 160. Print out the confirmation. Then follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogeExpress,  I believe the next day you will be able to schedule the interview. From then once you have the confirmation sheet for your scheduled interview you can provide that to one of the listed dr.s to schedule medical. Then thats it. Get to your interview and get that Visa!      (This link is very helpful also  http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince)   ( also you can contact the embassy and have them email packet 3 to you)

Thank you so much for your help. 😊 Will get to it now. Thank you again for best wishes to you.

Timeline
On 2/15/2018 at 1:45 AM, Dot13 said:

From what I see most people say, give them 2 weeks then start calling

They received our packet on 2/22 and we received the case number the same day. I called on the 21st and she told me that they didn’t have my packet. 🤷🏾‍♀️.. 

Timeline

Prewedding jitters... do my fiancé filled out the ds120 online well he scheduled it in. And plans to pay the fee on Monday. We have yet to receive a letter from the nvc however we called and received the case number and the invoice number.... does anyone know what we should start on next? I began my financials but all I need are my tax transcripts and they are fairly easy to download. Also, my fiancé mentioned a fiancé visa curse where all couples have anxiety and arguments at the end, lately it feels like we have been arguing over the smallest issues. Is this normal? 

Timeline

Hi all, 

So we have already scheduled in our interview for March 20th however our case still says that it is at the nvc. We paid the fees for ds120. How long will it take before the nvc sends the case to the embassy? And from there how long do we wait until our case says ready? 

Timeline
21 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

Hi all, 

So we have already scheduled in our interview for March 20th however our case still says that it is at the nvc. We paid the fees for ds120. How long will it take before the nvc sends the case to the embassy? And from there how long do we wait until our case says ready? 

It’s risky to schedule the interview before the case is in transit, But usually take a couple of days for the case to be in transit and get to the embassy. My advice is once it says ready email the embassy and they will probably send you packet3 for the medical. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Sej said:

It’s risky to schedule the interview before the case is in transit, But usually take a couple of days for the case to be in transit and get to the embassy. My advice is once it says ready email the embassy and they will probably send you packet3 for the medical. 

I told my fiancé that but he says since we can always reschedule it’s fine. Now it says in transit and I received the email with instructions to schedule the interview. Once it says ready will I then be able to pay for the aos? because I tried paying online but it doesn’t give an option to pay. Thank you so much for responding. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, N&Rdorcy said:

I told my fiancé that but he says since we can always reschedule it’s fine. Now it says in transit and I received the email with instructions to schedule the interview. Once it says ready will I then be able to pay for the aos? because I tried paying online but it doesn’t give an option to pay. Thank you so much for responding. 

After paying the visa at sogexpress, I don’t think you have anything else to pay.  Yes you can always reschedule if it comes to that, since it’s in transit just make sure you keep an eye on it and once it says ready send an email for the embassy so they can send you packet3 by email instead of mail (I am not sure if thats what made the difference but I got packet3 in 1day after it says ready). Although there is nothing special in it but you still need it for medical and apparently for the police certificate also because for some reason they ask for that the embassy letter to get you the certificate. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sej said:

After paying the visa at sogexpress, I don’t think you have anything else to pay.  Yes you can always reschedule if it comes to that, since it’s in transit just make sure you keep an eye on it and once it says ready send an email for the embassy so they can send you packet3 by email instead of mail (I am not sure if thats what made the difference but I got packet3 in 1day after it says ready). Although there is nothing special in it but you still need it for medical and apparently for the police certificate also because for some reason they ask for that the embassy letter to get you the certificate. 

Thank you again! My fiancé monitors it every morning I’ll remind him of this once he wakes up. I’m having a hard time getting answers on when I pay for the aos... or does my fiancé need to pay for it at the interview? He says he already requested the police forms and paid for them he’s just waiting to receive them. The only thing that scares me at this point is the medical and the interview, he doesn’t have any medical records as everything is gone from the hurricane. So likely he will need the vaccines again and I don’t know how long it will take to complete that being as though we have such a short window of time. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, N&Rdorcy said:

Thank you again! My fiancé monitors it every morning I’ll remind him of this once he wakes up. I’m having a hard time getting answers on when I pay for the aos... or does my fiancé need to pay for it at the interview? He says he already requested the police forms and paid for them he’s just waiting to receive them. The only thing that scares me at this point is the medical and the interview, he doesn’t have any medical records as everything is gone from the hurricane. So likely he will need the vaccines again and I don’t know how long it will take to complete that being as though we have such a short window of time. 

If he’s just waiting for the police certificate than you all good. If you are willing to pay for all vaccines he doesn’t have than the records don’t matter I believe, most older people in haiti don’t have or lost there vaccination records so I think it should be fine on that front they can tell you when you visit the doctor. if everything is lost like birth certificate and other important papers needed than thats a problem for the interview. Ok you do not need to worry about AOS( adjustment of Status) for now because he will have to get approve first and come to the U.S. to apply for that and pay the fees.  So what you paid for the visa that’s it for now. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone, this is great! I like how we try to help each other out...keep up the good work! Question....where can I check the progress of my case. I just called the Visa Center they told me the embassy in Haiti entered the case on their system today. How long does it usually take to get the packet 3? We already scheduled our interview for March 22nd and we will get medical done next week.

Thanks for you help!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Godisable said:

Hello everyone, this is great! I like how we try to help each other out...keep up the good work! Question....where can I check the progress of my case. I just called the Visa Center they told me the embassy in Haiti entered the case on their system today. How long does it usually take to get the packet 3? We already scheduled our interview for March 22nd and we will get medical done next week.

Thanks for you help!

Based on my own experience you probably won’t be able to get medical done without packet 3, the embassy will probably send it to you through mail or email depends on what info they have. What I recommend is call the embassy(+17035447842)U.S. and Haiti(+50928122929). When you call they will probably tell you if they have your case and will tell you to wait 2 weeks to call back if you don’t receive packet3.  Or you can send an email to (support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com) what that will do is create an inquiry where they will answer in 1-2 days and most likely will send you packet3 in that response. Just make sure you put case number, petitioner and beneficiary’s name and birth date.  Just tell them you what packet3 by email and send the email you want them to send it to. Someone had a format for the email in a forum but I forgot which forum.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.