IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 2/19/2018 at 11:50 AM, Dee&Claudy said:

Hi guys. Noa1 was Aug 14 and Noa2 Feb13, 2018. Would like someone who has recently completed the process to chime in here like @gsdc23 mentioned. So excited and nervous to see how quickly the next few steps go to finally having my husband by my side.

Im right behind you Noa2 Feb 16th 2018

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
On 2/23/2018 at 10:15 PM, Mirtils24 said:

Hello, have you got your NVC number? I just received mine 2 days and checked status as ready. Just waiting on the next time. Anyone else in the process or has finished with some advise?

When you call nvc what number do you hit to contact someone that will look for your case number 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
On 2/28/2018 at 11:36 PM, Sej said:

After paying the visa at sogexpress, I don’t think you have anything else to pay.  Yes you can always reschedule if it comes to that, since it’s in transit just make sure you keep an eye on it and once it says ready send an email for the embassy so they can send you packet3 by email instead of mail (I am not sure if thats what made the difference but I got packet3 in 1day after it says ready). Although there is nothing special in it but you still need it for medical and apparently for the police certificate also because for some reason they ask for that the embassy letter to get you the certificate. 

Did you have to request them to send packet 3 or did they automatically just send it to your email? Also have you guys done the medical yet? If so how much did it cost? I sent my fiance to try to schedule med yesterday with just his interview appointment letter and they tried to tell him it was $265 just for medical without vaccines. I believe i seen it listed as $150 on the VJ Haiti embassy page. The prices are listed on the packet 3 right? Btw i noticed we have same interview date.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Did you have to request them to send packet 3 or did they automatically just send it to your email? Also have you guys done the medical yet? If so how much did it cost? I sent my fiance to try to schedule med yesterday with just his interview appointment letter and they tried to tell him it was $265 just for medical without vaccines. I believe i seen it listed as $150 on the VJ Haiti embassy page. The prices are listed on the packet 3 right? Btw i noticed we have same interview date.

Yes I had to but they will probably send it automatically, may take longer. Yes I have done medical and saddly yes it’s that expensive and with vaccines I paid $440. The price are listed on packet3 and it is 265 without vaccines, but should always take with vaccines to save money later, because you will have to take them eventually and are way more expensive in the U.S.

I notice the date too I wanted to give my self some breathing room but seems too long now because I got everything ready in less than a week. 

9 hours ago, Kween said:

When you call nvc what number do you hit to contact someone that will look for your case number 

I didn't get to call NVC since the email came right away about my papers in transit to the Embassy. What number are you calling? This is the number at the end of the email I received. 603-334-0700

Timeline

Just got an email that my case is approve today. I'm so excited. I'm so grateful that you all choose to share your experiences/advice in this group on Haiti's processing. Now I'm waiting on NVC, hoping that you all will help me along the way. Thanks.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

Just got an email that my case is approve today. I'm so excited. I'm so grateful that you all choose to share your experiences/advice in this group on Haiti's processing. Now I'm waiting on NVC, hoping that you all will help me along the way. Thanks.

Congrats! On to the next wait!

Timeline

I need help nvc just gave me the case number...they are sending it to the wrong embassy...how do i get them to send it to Haiti...

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kween said:

I need help nvc just gave me the case number...they are sending it to the wrong embassy...how do i get them to send it to Haiti...

Did you call NVC and ask them about that?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Yes,just got off right now,they told me they emailed the situation to there supervisor and i should crack next week. My concern with that is,I know nvc only keeps the cases there for 1 week so I'm trying to get them to send it to Haiti and not Dominican republic 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kween said:

Yes,just got off right now,they told me they emailed the situation to there supervisor and i should crack next week. My concern with that is,I know nvc only keeps the cases there for 1 week so I'm trying to get them to send it to Haiti and not Dominican republic 

When you check your case status does it say ready or at NVC? If it’s says ready its already there and if it’s at NVC I doubt they will send it with an inquiry in the system. Plus I believe Haiti receive the case electronically I am guessing the same for the D. R., my point is it’s not like once it is sent they won’t be able to do anything about it. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

yes they told me its nothing they can do I have to contact the embassy in Haiti and ask them to request it

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sej said:

When you check your case status does it say ready or at NVC? If it’s says ready its already there and if it’s at NVC I doubt they will send it with an inquiry in the system. Plus I believe Haiti receive the case electronically I am guessing the same for the D. R., my point is it’s not like once it is sent they won’t be able to do anything about it. 

I don't know how to check it but I will figure that out now. but nvc says since its a k1 visa they cant keep it there or change it,it has to go to Dominican republic so now I have to get in contact with the Haiti embassy to see if they will request it

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kween said:

yes they told me its nothing they can do I have to contact the embassy in Haiti and ask them to request it

What really??? I dont get it? Why cant they do anyting when they are the ones sending it? How is it that it was assigned to the dominican republic to begin with? Well if thats what the told you then i guess you will have to call the embassy. What does it say on your case tracker?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.