JemYeh

Does visa i130 interview require spouse?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Sorry couldn't find the info about the i130 interview , 

Does my spouse need to be there with me ? 

Thank you, any comments would be appreciated.

Edited by JemYeh

17 minutes ago, JemYeh said:

No its not compulsory for petitioner to be with the beneficiary.

Only beneficiary can be there for his/her interview.

Depends on the country. Please fill in your profile and timeline. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I went and was welcomed.  I was glad I went though it probably didn't affect the outcome. 

The embassy website said that I couldn't go, but the VJ portal said others had gone. 

It's a nerve-wracking time for the your spouse, so decide if you want the chance to see each other and provide moral support.  In some countries you may be required, in others not allowed so review the portal reviews. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, bakphx1@aol.com said:

I went and was welcomed.  I was glad I went though it probably didn't affect the outcome. 

The embassy website said that I couldn't go, but the VJ portal said others had gone. 

It's a nerve-wracking time for the your spouse, so decide if you want the chance to see each other and provide moral support.  In some countries you may be required, in others not allowed so review the portal reviews. 

Thank you! Because me and my family will probably be apart since my case is going very slow , then they have to go to the us first without me.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, bakphx1@aol.com said:

Funny enough, Mexico was the opposite. The embassy website not only says that the petitioner spouse can go, but that it is recommended. VJ reported differently and surely enough, the embassy wouldn't allow anyone but the beneficiary to enter.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

That would make me mad!  Definitely help others and post your experience in Consulate Reviews...it seems that's the only place you can get reliable information on whether a spouse can go.

Since Honduras said you can't go, it had a lot to do with why so many people were there alone. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 2/10/2018 at 3:34 AM, JemYeh said:

There is no I-130 interview.  There is a visa interview.  The visa application form is the DS260.  Technically, the petitioner is not "required" to be at the interview, and usually, they CANNOT be present.  Depending on the country, they CAN BE, or definitely SHOULD BE, in the case of Ecuador.

It is actually possible but rare for I-130 petitions to be sent to a local office inside the USA and for the petitioner to be interviewed prior to petition approval.  I suppose THAT could be called an I-130 interview.  It's just pretty rare.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.