starsky

I-751 February 2018 Filers

2,688 posts in this topic

Congrats to everyone who's received their ROC approvals from the February 2018 filer group.  It appears from the chart that Starsky has done for us (thank you so much!) that most everyone had their fingerprints reused.  My wife had to have them done for her I-751 and I'm thinking that we may still have awhile to wait because in our application for the initial green card she had to have her fingerprints taken twice and even then the FBI couldn't read them so during the interview she had to take an oath affirming that her application was truthful.  Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer, but not much else we can do.  We'd like to apply for U.S. citizenship for her, but I'm thinking it might be best to wait until we get her unconditional green card approved before proceeding.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
32 minutes ago, sirvang said:

I forgot to mention we file our ROC with California Service Center.

Congrats again. CSC rocks! Really hope to have some good news from VSC in February! 

4 hours ago, xyuxue said:

This page doesn't even recognize my case number, which is weird because when I log in to my account, it's there marked as "case received"

Service Center: California Service Center

Transferred? No

I-751 Filed: 2018-06-06

I-751 NOA: 2018-06-29

Biometrics: Waived

Interview: 2019-XX-XX 

Approval: 2019-XX-XX

Card Received: 2019-XX-XX

Marriage : 2015-10-07 (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 8:14 PM, bgellner said:

Our NOA was 2/12/18 & WAC18094XXXXX

Mine starts with WAC18xxxx  too. Hopefully I hear good news soon :) my NOA was 2/28/18 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who received their ROC approvals!!!!

I have some questions about filling out Form N-400.

Part 8. Information About Your Employment and Schools You Attended

List where you have worked or attended school full time or part time during the last 5 years. Provide information for the complete time period. Include all military, police, and/or intelligence service.

1. Do we list all Employment and Schools we attended during the last 5 years or just only after we get our green card if the basis of application is marriage with U.S. citizen for 3 years.

Part 9. Time Outside the United States during the last 5 years

2. I only document for 3 years from the date on my green card until present.

So I'm now not sure if Part 8 I should document for 3 or 5 years. I first documented for 5 years then I went back to change after I documented Part 9 for 3 years. They give me the notification that I am missing information, but they let me move on with other parts. Not sure at the time I click submit they will force me to fill out the details to complete 5 years or not.

I will not submit anytime soon. So I wonder those who submitted already, how did you fill out this part?

Thanks!

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, JasVW19 said:

This page doesn't even recognize my case number, which is weird because when I log in to my account, it's there marked as "case received"

Try creating a MYUSCIS account, than from there you can track your case. We use this to track our case since the egov.uscis.gov don't work for our case number.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Patchie said:

Congratulations to everyone who received their ROC approvals!!!!

I have some questions about filling out Form N-400.

Part 8. Information About Your Employment and Schools You Attended

List where you have worked or attended school full time or part time during the last 5 years. Provide information for the complete time period. Include all military, police, and/or intelligence service.

1. Do we list all Employment and Schools we attended during the last 5 years or just only after we get our green card if the basis of application is marriage with U.S. citizen for 3 years.

Part 9. Time Outside the United States during the last 5 years

2. I only document for 3 years from the date on my green card until present.

So I'm now not sure if Part 8 I should document for 3 or 5 years. I first documented for 5 years then I went back to change after I documented Part 9 for 3 years. They give me the notification that I am missing information, but they let me move on with other parts. Not sure at the time I click submit they will force me to fill out the details to complete 5 years or not.

I will not submit anytime soon. So I wonder those who submitted already, how did you fill out this part?

Thanks!

Patchie - 

For your travel history outside of the United States, you can view all of your travel history at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home.

You can search it by your passport number.  Use your current one, and it will pull up everything, including all travels in any of your previous passports.

This travel history will include all of your departure dates from the US and arrival dates into the US.  You will then have to figure out where you went during those dates, but at least you will not miss anything using these records.  It is the same records USCIS will also use to verify your application.

Your travel history includes all trips you made while you are a permanent resident too.  As long as you used a foreign passport to leave and enter the country, your information is searchable under this link.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
27 minutes ago, GBOS said:

Patchie - 

For your travel history outside of the United States, you can view all of your travel history at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home.

You can search it by your passport number.  Use your current one, and it will pull up everything, including all travels in any of your previous passports.

This travel history will include all of your departure dates from the US and arrival dates into the US.  You will then have to figure out where you went during those dates, but at least you will not miss anything using these records.  It is the same records USCIS will also use to verify your application.

Your travel history includes all trips you made while you are a permanent resident too.  As long as you used a foreign passport to leave and enter the country, your information is searchable under this link.

Thanks GBOS!!

Yes I used that website and it has all my travel history from the first day I arrived in the U.S. 

The reason I fill out only 3 years history cause I use the 3 years basis. If I fill out for the period of 5 years, my duration outside the U.S. will exceed the limit. I understand that the counting start from "Resident Since"

But with my employment/schools, I guess I need to provide information for the complete time period of 5 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, Patchie said:

Thanks GBOS!!

Yes I used that website and it has all my travel history from the first day I arrived in the U.S. 

The reason I fill out only 3 years history cause I use the 3 years basis. If I fill out for the period of 5 years, my duration outside the U.S. will exceed the limit. I understand that the counting start from "Resident Since"

But with my employment/schools, I guess I need to provide information for the complete time period of 5 years.

Patchie -

The minimum presence test is 18 months out of 36 months since you become a permanent resident.

Though you may have to report other travels going back beyond the 36 months, that time cannot be counted against (or for) the 18 months presence in the United States.

10 hours ago, sirvang said:

Try creating a MYUSCIS account, than from there you can track your case. We use this to track our case since the egov.uscis.gov don't work for our case number.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

That's the problem I have as well. My WAC181095XXXX doesn't track on any apps or egov.uscis.gov. However when I log in to my uscis account it's there with the last update on March 5th 2018 saying that they received my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JBEdge said:

That's the problem I have as well. My WAC181095XXXX doesn't track on any apps or egov.uscis.gov. However when I log in to my uscis account it's there with the last update on March 5th 2018 saying that they received my case.

I have the same problem as well. My WAC181065xxxx doesn’t track on all of the uscis sites. Last update was February 28th 2018 saying that they sent me the noa1 notice . 

@JBEdge and @Heley same here. WAC181045XXXX. CSC filer. 

I wrote a full detailed account of our AOS process, timeline, AP use, and interview on my blog. You can read it here.

Read our experience clearing immigration with an expired green card and extension letter here.

F-1 AOS Journey

Spoiler

10/05/15 - Mailed AOS Package (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-693, I-131, I-765, G-325As, G-1145)

10/07/15 - AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/14/15 - Received four NOA1s via e-mail & text notifications that USCIS received our case. Routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/15/15 - Checks cashed

10/19/15 - Received four hard copies of NOA1s in the mail

10/23/15 - Received biometrics appointment in the mail. Scheduled for 11/03

10/26/15 - Failed early walk-in attempt for biometrics at Boston location

11/03/15 - Biometrics appointment in Boston

11/10/15 - AOS case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/21/15 - EAD/AP approved

12/24/15 - EAD/AP mailed

12/30/15 - EAD/AP delivered

03/17/16 - Interview scheduled for April 20th

04/20/16 - AOS Inteview - Boston, MA - APPROVED!

04/25/16 - Approval notice received in the mail

04/26/16 - Green card mailed

04/29/16 - Green card delivered

ROC

Spoiler

02/20/18 - Mailed I-751 Package

02/23/18 - I-751 delivered to CSC

02/28/18 - Check cashed

03/02/18 - NOA1 received in the mail

05/12/18 - Notice that previous biometrics will be reused

08/24/18 - Received 18 month extension letter (courtesy copy)

10/22/18 - Received the "revised notice" with the correct 18 month extension letter--on green paper this time.

02/27/19 - Card mailed notification via Case Tracker mobile app

03/01/19 - Both approval letter and new green card delivered

N-400

Spoiler

03/02/19 - Filed N-400 online

03/02/19 - NOA1 via online portal

03/09/19 - Biometrics scheduled

03/12/19 - Biometrics appointment appeared in Documents tab in online USCIS account

03/13/19 - Successful early walk-in for biometrics 

11/13/19 - Interview

Seizetheglobe.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.