4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I married my husband on K1 visa and then applied for AOS. I have a question about supporting documents (evidence of marriage). The evidence we have: photos, lease agreement with both of our names, my name on my husband's health insurance, my name on my husband's tax return, we can also bring my husband's military security clearance with my name on it and my ID card of a military spouse. I'm also 5 month pregnant with our child. Is that enough evidence? Do I need to bring a note from the doctor that I will put my husband as the father? We cannot have a joint bank account because I would destroy my husband's credit history since I don't have any in the US and we are trying to save every penny now, and we don't own any assets together because we simply don't own anything :) I don't have any insurance, savings account or life insurance or last will. My husband wants to add me on his last will and life insurance, but we probably won't have the chance to do that before the interview. We also don't have my name on bills because my husband pays for everything since I cannot work now. Do you think we will have enough evidence?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Karolina31

All of that is very good evidence.

Just an FYI, bank accounts do not get reported to the credit bureaus, so if you wanted to open or be added to a joint account it would not affect his credit at all.   

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Being added to a joint account will definitely not affect his credit.

You can also try being added to his car insurance as an additional evidence.

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.