yeya23

Really need an advise. SO dessesperate

39 posts in this topic

Actually if his case is denied he gets deported.  I would suggest to him that is in his best interest to proceed quickly with the divorce if he wants his 10 year green card sooner than later. 

I also agree that you can choose how you go forward with your ex.  You can be bitter and resentful, or you can understand it just wasn't meant to be.  How you choose affects YOU.  

My ex and I did not necessarily break up well, and we were together for over 9 years.  We have a child together.  But we can talk on the phone, be civil, and almost friend like with each other.  I wish him nothing but happiness.  But that doesn't mean I allow him to walk all over me or attempt to control my life anymore; which he does try as it's in his nature.  He does not even realize he is doing it. 

My husband does not talk to his ex. He doesn't care to. They had no children, no ties, and it was a short relationship at about a year long.  Last I knew she was remarried with a child or two (according to my SIL's facebook.)  

Choose how to move forward based on your happiness in life.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:53 AM, sandranj said:

People don't have  to end  their relationships  with resentment or bitterness.  Her marriage worked for a while, it's just not working anymore. She can give him an affidavit stating that they entered into marriage  in good faith.

I am assuming that since she asked she does not want to.  My answer accurately states that she does not have to provide anything and if she does not then it does not affect anything in her future one way or the other.

Note:  My advice to do nothing and just move on have nothing to do with resentment or bitterness.  The law is very clear as to what an immigrant needs to do after divorce and the law requires nothing be provided from the USC.

Edited by Nitas_man

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!!! Thank you for all the support and advice, im really grateful!!! I Just wanted to give you a Quick update to my situation.  I have agreed to give him the affidavits since he was a really important person in my life, loved him and imaginated a lifetime together. Now we are separated and living in different states..... I already cried about it. I was also reminded that when we filed his case, his uncle was his financial sponsor, not me, that puts me in a better position? 

My father affidavit is very simple, it only states that the marriage was real, that we have been married from July 2015 and that my father and him got along together. Mine its more complex at the beginning states how we met, got engaged, got married, married life, however how it end its a little different.  I will type it as it in the affidavit:

"Within 6 months of the marriage  3 of my friends gotten pregnant (true). I was never sure if i wanted any kids (At the beginning i knew we were not financially ready) but one thing i knew (his name )does not wish to have any kids (witch is not totally true, he was not clear whether he wanted or not, I knew his tendency after we brought our dog, gave me a definitive no when I brought up the subject).  I decided that i would like to have at least one child but also knew that he is very stubborn and set in his ways (true).

Around January 2017 I brought the subject up on a conversation and that's where we had a conflict about kids matter. (its was the 3rd time)

I do not wish him any harm but that day it was clear that this is a dead-end. (true) I packed my stuff and moved back with my father. (True, hoping he will change his mind and ask me back) I still love him (not as a man) and he will always have a place in my heart (True). Although we are separated and started the process for divorce, I want the immigration office to know that our marriage was real. Its is very important that our marriage is not in any way considered fraudulent marriage. (is not too repetitive?) I want to make it clear that we have been together 3.5 years and our marriage marriage was absolutely real and true (again??really?) We were married for love and I in no way married (his name) for any immigration benefit.

Please do not hesitate to call me  if you would like to hear about our authentic marriage. (At this point I don't Know if to cry or to laugh....)"

I asked him why the letter was so repetitive and he said he follow a template from his immigration lawyer.. what do you think guys?

Additional to the affidavit I provided with pictures stored in my old phone, he claims that between mine and his pictures he is sending 50+ all taken after the interview. I sent him my personal credit card statements, w2 forms, pay stubs, personal property taxes, medical insurance contracts and id cards, DMV cards,  & drivers license. He is sending all of those plus, join taxes, join bank account statements, electricity bills, gas bills, car insurance, cable & internet bill and others. 

Do you think is enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are the sponsor, you signed the I 864

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

18 hours ago, Boiler said:

You are the sponsor, you signed the I 864

Boiler is correct, even if the uncle was the one earning enough to be financial sponsor as the spouse you are the sponsor as well and the first port of call as it were if he claims any benefits. 

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

• 1 month later...

Hello, guys a quick update! I'm divorced!!!! yeiii Divorce was final on March 16. I don't have any restrictions in my state to get married again, only wait 30 days just in case the divorce get an appeal and I really don't think that is going to happen. Me and my new partner are great for now not planning to get married and maybe if everything is good at the end of the year or March next year. My ex-partner began his removal of conditions on March the 2nd since we were not divorced yet, we will still need to file jointly with a statement and a divorce decree copy to amend the petition. Do you think it will affect my future fillings? one again I don't mind helping my ex-husband as long as it will not affect the new filling. Thank you so much for your support. 

Timeline

Just live your life, be friendly and civilized with your ex but don't do him any favor, don't do anything for him. Learn, you are divorced, you are strangers and he should do his things by himself, you don't own him anything anymore, don't drag your past in your new life

On 3/26/2018 at 11:21 AM, yeya23 said:

Hello, guys a quick update! I'm divorced!!!! yeiii Divorce was final on March 16. I don't have any restrictions in my state to get married again, only wait 30 days just in case the divorce get an appeal and I really don't think that is going to happen. Me and my new partner are great for now not planning to get married and maybe if everything is good at the end of the year or March next year. My ex-partner began his removal of conditions on March the 2nd since we were not divorced yet, we will still need to file jointly with a statement and a divorce decree copy to amend the petition. Do you think it will affect my future fillings? one again I don't mind helping my ex-husband as long as it will not affect the new filling. Thank you so much for your support. 

He did not need to file jointly at all.  Thry would have just RFE'd for the divorce decree. 

No it wont affect you.  In fact the sooner he becomes a USC the better for you.  One less person on your I-864. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.