dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2018

1,179 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, L&J15 said:

Ok.. I mean, I have 2 weeks waiting for an interview, I call NVC and they just say that there is still nothing. I was previously seeing cases from RD and they received their interview a week after their CC so I don't know why this time they're taking so long to schedule... at the rate that we're going, I think it'll be my turn for April..

Hello, I’m still waiting for a CC and have been reading your updates to have an idea on how long the interview scheduling piece is taking. I heard that in DR, they are out or running short on the employment-based visa. This sounded the alarm. So, I looked up the info that I remembered reading about some visa categories being limited and that’s when our priority date is the key in determining our place in visa queue, but this is for employment-based visa and family-sponsored visa categories. However, immigrant visas for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are unlimited, so they are always available. For the most part, the majority of us are in the IR category. I wonder what they mean when they said there is still nothing. I think you still could be a March interview, fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
34 minutes ago, ravi raj said:

Hi Nehallakhani , how did you know your case completed. Did you call to NVC or Is there any alternative to check status. 

35 minutes ago, ravi raj said:

Hi Nehallakhani , how did you know your case completed. Did you call to NVC or Is there any alternative to check status. 

Hey , I checked case status and then called NVC to confirm it's a cc they told me to wait for interview date now 

52 minutes ago, ravi raj said:

Thanks for your reply DEEGEE. My scan date is januvary 31.would you mind, may I know the link for EB3 casees to check status of mine.

There is no alternative link to check EB3 cases ... you just have to call NVC. Try calling after 4 weeks from SD . It took 7 weeks for me to get CC, now waiting for interview date from 4 weeks!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
1 hour ago, H&H. said:

called nvc since no case # and they received it 4 weeks ago and person on phone said after its sent to supervisor they have 6 weeks to review and get case # so total 8 weeks since they get it, goes to supervisor, and time they have to give case #. hopefully doesn't take this long.... 

Sounds so familiar. Hopefully it won’t. Don’t give up. Try not to make yourself crazy. I know exactly how you feel. I had to wait 6 weeks in total. But at least after that submitting everything is veryyy easy if you have everything ready. Look up your country on the NVC page to see what you need and see if you have the right documents and the right format. It would suck if you get delayed for stupid things. Then after you pay the fees after 2-3 days you can submit everything at once. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ravi raj said:

Thank you very much for your reply. one more question.case status means "AT NVC" showing when you logged in to your case rite.

Yes :) but even if there is checklist it will show the same ( I guess ) so u need to call NVC and find out is it CC or Checklist

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kubes said:

Sounds so familiar. Hopefully it won’t. Don’t give up. Try not to make yourself crazy. I know exactly how you feel. I had to wait 6 weeks in total. But at least after that submitting everything is veryyy easy if you have everything ready. Look up your country on the NVC page to see what you need and see if you have the right documents and the right format. It would suck if you get delayed for stupid things. Then after you pay the fees after 2-3 days you can submit everything at once. 

thanks and yes we have everything ready to submit. i even already did my 2017 taxes so it has my spouse name on there and they're already on irs website as transcript and hardest thing was for my wife to get police certificate. i wont mind the waiting if earlier parts got done on time. nebraska took 10 months to get it approved and my brothers 1 year ago took 6 months there so now kind of dragging. 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
11 minutes ago, H&H. said:

thanks and yes we have everything ready to submit. i even already did my 2017 taxes so it has my spouse name on there and they're already on irs website as transcript and hardest thing was for my wife to get police certificate. i wont mind the waiting if earlier parts got done on time. nebraska took 10 months to get it approved and my brothers 1 year ago took 6 months there so now kind of dragging. 

:(  

how did you do your taxes? You mind telling me ? We’re struggling to decide if we should do the ITIN or file for an extension. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, kubes said:

:(  

how did you do your taxes? You mind telling me ? We’re struggling to decide if we should do the ITIN or file for an extension. 

sure so when filing i had three options...

1. married filing jointly (need ITIN and financially speaking best choice)

2. married filing separate with exemption for spouse (need itin and not as good financially speaking as jointly)

3. married filing separate without exemption for spouse (DONT NEED ITIN and worst financial decision).

I didnt want to deal with headache to get itin which can be a bit complicated because it required notaries and original stuff, i did option three. i had to pay money instead of receiving money and was worst financial decision out of the three. BUT, once my spouse is here and has ssn, i can amend it to jointly and get all the money back i shoudve in the first place.  so in the long run option 3 is best for me because less headache now and loose some money but get it back 4-5 months later. 

i didnt want to use last years because my financial situation better this year, and i think there was one mistake on last years taxes and didnt want it to cause issue, and having ur spouse on ur taxes i think makes ur case stronger and show them its not fraud so that helps too i think. 

Edited by H&H.

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
18 hours ago, sysysy said:

I called the NVC weeks ago, and they said they couldn't forward our case for interview without the document.  So, we brought the municipality birth certificate to the RENIEC (since the district doesn't have one), paid for that to go to Lima and waited until getting it back...all they did was put a sticker on the back in Lima and then somebody who works for RENIEC but isn't the Chief signed it. I called the NVC again today, and asked them if this new document would work. They said NO! Because it's still not issued by the district. I said I can't get the document and they said I could send what I had to get an interview, and then it would be up to the embassy if they wanted to deny my spouse. Should we be worried? The district simply doesn't have the birth certificate....the requirement is impossible. 

Unfortunately it's true that not all civil registration/data in Peru is kept with RENIEC or with their field offices, so it is possible that getting your husband's records is impossible.

Was he born in a very rural area? If you'd like I could ask with more depth if you wish to provide me with the location of his birth, so that I can confirm if it's true that RENIEC doesn't have it in its records. Sometimes the public functionaries don't care/know, and just proceed to work with what they have (like how the ended up validating/"visando" your document with the "sticker"). I know that's what they do for "documentos para uso en el extranjero".

As they explained, it'll be up to the embassy. I trust they'll be reasonable but only after making sure that getting the certificate from RENIEC is truly impossible.

04/20/17 - Sent I-130 package

04/21/17 - USCIS received I-130 with PD 04/21

04/26/17 - Received hard copy of NOA1

05/26/17 - Sent K-3 package

05/31/17 - USCIS received I-129F with PD 05/31

10/16/17 - I-130 petition approved & notification of I-129F dismissal were issued

10/22/17 - NOA2 sent by E-mail to our lawyer

10/23/17 - Received hard-copies of both notifications (I-130 NOA2 & I-129F dismissal)

11/15/17 - Case was sent to DoS

11/16/17 - Received an e-mail notification of our case being sent to DoS

11/23/17 - NVC received the case (confirmed over the phone on 11/28) Case # not generated yet

12/01/17 - Got the NVC Case # & IIN over the phone

12/05/17 - AoS and IV fees paid Received Welcome letter through e-mail earlier this day.

01/02/18 - NVC packet delivered to/received by NVC

01/05/18 - SD assigned

02/05/18 - CC (First showing "At NVC" on CEAC, then called and confirmed it)

02/13/18 - Received e-mail notification of our CC and it being placed in queue for interview scheduling

02/13/18 - Just got interview date over the phone: 03/20/2018 Operator said that it was scheduled TODAY and that I'd be getting an e-mail with instructions soon

Later on the day I got the e-mail with PDF letter confirming the CC

02/16/18 - Received PDF letter indicating date of interview + instructions CEAC status showing 'In transit'

02/21/18 - CEAC status showing 'Ready'

03/05/18 - Medical exam in Lima, Peru

03/20/18 - Interview date at 10:15 am

03/24/18 - Visa on hand

03/26/18 - Paid the Immigrant Visa Fee

03/28/18 - POE LAX

03/29/18 - Form OS155A ‘Received and in process’

07/13/18 - Status changed to 'Card Is Being Produced' @ the egov.uscis.gov website

07/17/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (this means it was placed in queue to be sent) 

On the myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov site status changed to 'Case Closed Card Is Being Produced Non-DACA'

07/18/18 - Status changed to 'Card Was Picked Up By The USPS' Tracking No. was provided

07/20/18 - Card received 114 after POE 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Diana f said:

How do I know if I am a pivot case?

image.png.e2bb757e79da02773e7a25ea7f089d44.png

1/10/18 - NOA2

4/16/18 - Case complete

Hace 2 horas, Melencarnación dijo:

Gracias por la explicación. Es muy frustrante lo inconsistente que es todo con este proceso. Le deseo mucha suerte para obtener la fecha de su entrevista pronto. Esperaré actualizar cuando gana la fecha. 

Yes, It's frustrating to wait for the last element of this path, I hope to have the date of my interview soon.. No problem and thank you very much, for sure I will!!

My best wishes for you!!

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.