John & Rose

Cheap flights

17 posts in this topic

Just got a TripAdvisor email...$428 RT Chicago-Manila in February 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Did you actually see the fare was available?  I get these every once in a while and can never find the advertised fare when I try to look

YMMV

9 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Sound too good to be true.

I fly from Dallas.  It I can find the flight for $1000 or less then it a great deal.

I used to pay 1500 flying a consolidator where you took many different airlines back just like 10 years ago.

Now of day I fly Delta since they have opened up so many routes to Philippines from USA.  Check in at Dallas and don't worry about transferring luggage or catching another airline all the way to Manila.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

I did one trip for $366 round trip. Chicago is United’s hub. Haven’t seen that price since. All flights from here have a stopover. That is one of the downsides. I’d love to see a direct flight. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I did one trip for $366 round trip. Chicago is United’s hub. Haven’t seen that price since. All flights from here have a stopover. That is one of the downsides. I’d love to see a direct flight. 

I fly Delta,  Dallas to (Detroit  or Minneapolis) to Japan to Manila.  Not a bad flight .  My last two flights were $787 and $935, of course I went off peak season. 

1 minute ago, Chris Duffy said:

I fly Delta,  Dallas to (Detroit  or Minneapolis) to Japan to Manila.  Not a bad flight .  My last two flights were $787 and $935, of course I went off peak season. 

I have only flown United and KAL on the first leg so far.  I've landed in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong and Beijing.

IMG_5168.jpeg

15 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I have only flown United and KAL on the first leg so far.  I've landed in Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong and Beijing.

I did that Beijing route one time, Never again. And never any airplane that has China as part of their name: AirChina, CHinaAir, etc,  They have POS planes and nobody can speak English in China

My rule now of days is to take the same airline all the way from my home airport to Manila.  Once I get to Manila I can buy a ticket to any city I want to fly to once I get there.   I used to avoid Manila like the plague, but I now spend a few days there just to rest up and have started to like the area. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

1500 in summer (UA amsterdam-chicago-louisville) and 800 in holiday season (Delta amaterdam-newark-louisville)

Hoping to find a nice price in September B-)

Are you from the Chicago area @John & Rose? I'd love to meet up with you when we all get settled in. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

1 hour ago, Little_Vixen said:

1500 in summer (UA amsterdam-chicago-louisville) and 800 in holiday season (Delta amaterdam-newark-louisville)

Hoping to find a nice price in September B-)

Are you from the Chicago area @John & Rose? I'd love to meet up with you when we all get settled in. 

Yep. I’m in a suburb just a few minutes west of Chicago. That would be awesome. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/27/2018 at 6:05 PM, Chris Duffy said:

I did that Beijing route one time, Never again. And never any airplane that has China as part of their name: AirChina, CHinaAir, etc,  They have POS planes and nobody can speak English in China

My rule now of days is to take the same airline all the way from my home airport to Manila.  Once I get to Manila I can buy a ticket to any city I want to fly to once I get there.   I used to avoid Manila like the plague, but I now spend a few days there just to rest up and have started to like the area. 

Note that you might consider an exception for China Airlines.  It is an airline of the Republic of China (Taiwan) as opposed to others that are airlines of China.  I would agree with you that I living in Hong Kong would avoid any Peoples Republic of China airline (e.g. China Eastern ,  China Southern, Air China) for the objective reasons that a) Due to rules of China civil aviation they are required to prevent you from using your cellphone in flight even in flight mode. and B) Most of the connections to the USA are thru Beijing or Shanghai which are both absolutely Notorious for delays (especially the ubiquitous air traffic control delay that can mean anything at all and you'll never know the true cause of the delay.  Things seem to have gotten a bit better recently with the delays and on the plus side if you have a long enough layover in Shanghai it is relatively easy to get a 48 hour transit visa to get into Shanghai and see the bund.  I just met a couple flying from the USA to Bali that did use that to go to the Bund. 

As regards the cost of the ticket of the OP in Asia it's common to see airfares advertised as the cost of the airfare alone rather than including taxes and fees which can often exceed the cost of the ticket itself.  It's worth looking at the fine print.

• 2 years later...
On 1/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, payxibka said:

Did you actually see the fare was available?  I get these every once in a while and can never find the advertised fare when I try to look

I've fallen for that a few times.  Now I just ignore their emails.  They advertise a rate but miraculously it is not available when you log in to see it.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.