20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

they asked for all 3 of mine

i went to IRS office and got the 3 transcripts plus a copy for my records of what i sent to immigration

they can not be ones that say copy you get from a tax preparation office or site or even copies of your original ones / they should be from IRS

BTW you are married

best to file A W7 at the time you do 2017 taxes and get him included as a dependent

Casa embassy likes to see commingling of finances so this is one step to doing that

IRS site tells you how to do this

No where in any instruction it is written that you can not bring your own copy of the taxes, others have done it and had no problem. Is bringing them from IRS a special "high fraud" country issue?

1 hour ago, Keas said:

The petitioner will need to provide them at the NVC stage to show evidence of ability to support the beneficiary financially. The beneficiary is not required to provide these. 

Ahh, thank you for the clarification, very much appreciated. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

No where in any instruction it is written that you can not bring your own copy of the taxes, others have done it and had no problem. Is bringing them from IRS a special "high fraud" country issue?

we are talking about Morocco here/ very different from other countries / what is ok for European countries is not the same in Morocco

was 6 years going thru 3 interviews in Morocco / have had to do a lot of things the rest of can not even guess at

like submiting an affiadivit from my mother saying when i told her i would marry / i am over 50 and had to prove i told my mommy

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There is a lot of misinformation about this subject along with misinterpretation of requests.  The affidavit of support requires information from three past returns, but only requires you send one.  Whether three will ever need to be SEEN by anybody is either circumstantial or Consulate specific.  If it's India, send or take all three.  Even then, when sending affidavits of support anytime from now for the rest of the year, be prepared for the Consulate to want to see the 2017 tax return at interview, no matter how many you send in now.

To be specific, copies of complete tax returns including W2 or 1099 as applicable OR, OR, OR "Tax Return Transcripts" without W2 or 1099 (or with) are what are requested.  You sign the affidavit of support under penalty of perjury, which applies to the supporting documentation as well.

All that said, a Consular Officer may request anything they decide they want to see, whether technically required or not.  The Consular Officer requesting something is the only technicality of consequence here.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

we are talking about Morocco here/ very different from other countries / what is ok for European countries is not the same in Morocco

was 6 years going thru 3 interviews in Morocco / have had to do a lot of things the rest of can not even guess at

like submiting an affiadivit from my mother saying when i told her i would marry / i am over 50 and had to prove i told my mommy

The person who translated my papers from Arabic to English in Morocco told me that if there are big differences between the two of you (age, religion) they will put you through a lot of extra work.

I don't know your husband's age, but if he is much younger, that could be why! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.