Rachellenativ

Why is my I601 waiver taking longer to take process?

70 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2018 at 2:33 AM, IndigoPhantom said:

Forgot to add that my lawyer was an absolute expert when it came to compiling evidence for proof of hardship. He really made the case for me. 

Thank u so much for that! I am now waiting for the final decision.They asked for RFE coz I guess we didnt have enough evidence? Just wondering, how long will it take for them to make the final decision after I have submitted my RFE? Thanks! 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/26/2018 at 2:33 PM, IndigoPhantom said:

Forgot to add that my lawyer was an absolute expert when it came to compiling evidence for proof of hardship. He really made the case for me. 

Can I have the name of your lawyer? I am looking for a good immigration lawyer that is experienced in I-601 waivers. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sharig said:

Can I have the name of your lawyer? I am looking for a good immigration lawyer that is experienced in I-601 waivers. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sure. here is his website link. http://www.nhimmigrationlawyer.us/home.html  

Hello,

My husband is from El Salvador and awaiting for answer on 1601A sent March 2018.  Anyone in the same boat with me ?

• 10 months later...
Timeline
On 8/26/2018 at 2:33 PM, IndigoPhantom said:

hi, can you share who was your lawyer?

never mind, found the link above. Thanks

Edited by two_black_cats

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 5:25 PM, Davidg74 said:

No u don't restart ur process if u are approved ucis will send ur i601 to the embassy that turned down ur visa. It takes ucis 2 to 3 weeks to send ur approval documents to the embassy. Once they have it they will contact u thru email or text message to inform u to please call the embassy to make an appointment to finish ur interview. If everything is approved at the embassy ur visa will be given to u by the delivery company that is allowed by the ucis. The visa is said for 3 months so u have in that time to return to the US. Once u enter port of entry u have to give ur sealed untampperd envelope to the officer and they will then take u to an inter view room to funialize ur interview. From my understanding the CBP usually take the recommendations of the embassy and allow u in provided that u proved everything that was asked at both interviews

Wow interview is nerve wracking may I know how was the interview the 2nd time at the consul and the interview with the cbp? interview is already traumatizing if you failed the first interview.

*** Zombie thread locked. OP has not logged on since last year. Please be cautious of threads you reply to.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.