Rachellenativ

Why is my I601 waiver taking longer to take process?

70 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Rachellenativ said:

Do you have any idea whats their priority date their working on now? It says online its still on november but obviously thats not legit because you got your waiver approved already. Any idea? 

They are working in timeframes now because each individual case is different from the other and they realize that the former processing times posting makes people flood their lines or offices with questions. I think the reason behind the November date is to put out a date they have at least concluded 90% of cases submitted on that date and that will reduce the influx of calls and inquiries. That does not mean it is where they are presently.

They also stated it takes 13.5 to 18months to process hence that date gives each applicant at least 13.5 months before they can start inquiring of their case. Mine was approved before the new system of 13.5 to 18months was implemented. During the time mine got approved the calculations i did then was that you may get a response within 2-3months after they post your submission date which worked in my case. At the time i got approved the procession time was December 31, 2016. But the new processing has changed all and moved dates back.

Edited by Franco007

On 5/10/2018 at 10:15 PM, Franco007 said:

They are working in timeframes now because each individual case is different from the other and they realize that the former processing times posting makes people flood their lines or offices with questions. I think the reason behind the November date is to put out a date they have at least concluded 90% of cases submitted on that date and that will reduce the influx of calls and inquiries. That does not mean it is where they are presently.

They also stated it takes 13.5 to 18months to process hence that date gives each applicant at least 13.5 months before they can start inquiring of their case. Mine was approved before the new system of 13.5 to 18months was implemented. During the time mine got approved the calculations i did then was that you may get a response within 2-3months after they post your submission date which worked in my case. At the time i got approved the procession time was December 31, 2016. But the new processing has changed all and moved dates back.

Oh alright. Do u think mine will get approved based on my case? In your opinion, will they will take my son being a US citizen into consideration in approving my waiver? 

Hi I have i601 filed as well Jan 2017. It's been 16 months since they have it. With the new system they no longer give u updates like what month year they working on. Now it's averaged month which for mine is 14 to 18 months with date of inquiry Dec 2016. So as far I can tell I'm in the range of the processing time but they don't give u what month or year. From what I read I do not have to restart the process just wait to be approved and finish my interview at the embassy. I've been away from my wife and kids for 8 years now.

21 hours ago, Rachellenativ said:

Oh alright. Do u think mine will get approved based on my case? In your opinion, will they will take my son being a US citizen into consideration in approving my waiver? 

It all depends on the immigration officer and what is submitted as the hardship/s........ As long as you meet the criteria it will be approved or an RFE will be requested to clarify any unclear issues. You should be fine.  

18 hours ago, Davidg74 said:

Hi I have i601 filed as well Jan 2017. It's been 16 months since they have it. With the new system they no longer give u updates like what month year they working on. Now it's averaged month which for mine is 14 to 18 months with date of inquiry Dec 2016. So as far I can tell I'm in the range of the processing time but they don't give u what month or year. From what I read I do not have to restart the process just wait to be approved and finish my interview at the embassy. I've been away from my wife and kids for 8 years now.

From what I see on their website, theyre priority date as of today is on Dec. 2016. Hopefully you get yours very soon! Just a quick question tho, after we get our waiver approved, what do we do next? If you said we dont need to start from the beginning, will the embassy contact us regarding our interview? Do you have any idea? Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Franco007 said:

It all depends on the immigration officer and what is submitted as the hardship/s........ As long as you meet the criteria it will be approved or an RFE will be requested to clarify any unclear issues. You should be fine.  

Oh alright. My  lawyer right now is very unresponsive regarding my case. No updates. Nothing. So Im really not sure how they did the waiver or what hardship they have showed to support my case. When you found out your waiver was granted, what was your next step? Did you just wait for the embassy to get in contact with you? 

On 2018/05/17 at 6:36 AM, Rachellenativ said:

They will always take the children in consideration but it's gonna come down to his hardship not urs. So if ur husband can prove hardship being without his son without his wife mentally emotionally physically financially u have a strong case. What I did was actually research what ucis considers hardship and proof of hardship. So to help u understand the i601 better do ur research on it and help ur husband establish hardship. 

1 hour ago, Rachellenativ said:

From what I see on their website, theyre priority date as of today is on Dec. 2016. Hopefully you get yours very soon! Just a quick question tho, after we get our waiver approved, what do we do next? If you said we dont need to start from the beginning, will the embassy contact us regarding our interview? Do you have any idea? Thank you! 

No u don't restart ur process if u are approved ucis will send ur i601 to the embassy that turned down ur visa. It takes ucis 2 to 3 weeks to send ur approval documents to the embassy. Once they have it they will contact u thru email or text message to inform u to please call the embassy to make an appointment to finish ur interview. If everything is approved at the embassy ur visa will be given to u by the delivery company that is allowed by the ucis. The visa is said for 3 months so u have in that time to return to the US. Once u enter port of entry u have to give ur sealed untampperd envelope to the officer and they will then take u to an inter view room to funialize ur interview. From my understanding the CBP usually take the recommendations of the embassy and allow u in provided that u proved everything that was asked at both interviews

After March 23, 2018 approval, i got the letter in the mail about a week after and the waited for embassy. Embassy reached out April 03, 2018 requesting new medical and police report and to also resubmit another DS260 form online. All done now and second interview done but they requested an updated AOS during second interview which was not included in their original email. AOS has been filled and sent to embassy with passport, now just waiting on embassy to advice on when to come pick passport with visa stamped.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 7:25 AM, Franco007 said:

After March 23, 2018 approval, i got the letter in the mail about a week after and the waited for embassy. Embassy reached out April 03, 2018 requesting new medical and police report and to also resubmit another DS260 form online. All done now and second interview done but they requested an updated AOS during second interview which was not included in their original email. AOS has been filled and sent to embassy with passport, now just waiting on embassy to advice on when to come pick passport with visa stamped.

Quick question. So I checked on their website and my status changed from received to Request for additional evidence is Mailed. Once I get to submit the additional evidence to them, how long do I have to wait for the final decision to be made? Will it take a long time to process that again? Hope to hear from you! Thank you! 

17 hours ago, Rachellenativ said:

Quick question. So I checked on their website and my status changed from received to Request for additional evidence is Mailed. Once I get to submit the additional evidence to them, how long do I have to wait for the final decision to be made? Will it take a long time to process that again? Hope to hear from you! Thank you! 

All depends on what you are asked to provide and the officer reviewing your case. Some people get approved a week or two after the submit the RFE and get asked to submit additional RFE. Do not rush to submit, make sure you get all requested before submitting the RFE.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 4:18 PM, LoveMyTico said:

The excuse they use is further security checks...our I130 took 11 months. The last5 months they gave us the additional security check excuse. I had the senators office checking once a week the last 6 weeks. 

The state dept only took 30 days because I followed the guide on this site. The waiver only took 4 months..I got sick of these people and asked for an expedite. It was approved. So it went fast from there..

I was told that all processing has been slowed down recently since the new administration took over. My friend now works in the state dept processing passports .

Nobody knows when it will pick up ... 

IM happy they approved your expedition, but can u plz plz explain how did u ask that? And the reasons u put?? 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 1/11/2018 at 10:48 PM, Rachellenativ said:

Hello. I am new here and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me out with my current problem. I am Married to a US citizen for more than 2 years now. We have a 2 year old son who was born here in the Philippines but is a US citizen through CRBA. But my son lives with me here in the Philippines while my husband now resides in California. We have been separated for almost 2 years now. 😔 This is due to my visa being denied last December 2016 because of my inadmissibility to acquire a US visa. 

Just a quick history about me. I was born here in the Philippines but my family decided to go to the US with a tourist visa when I was only 10 years old. Wanting to give us a better future, my parents decided to overstay and I stayed there for 9 years. I was already 19 years old when I got back last 2009 which gave me the 10 year ban. 

When I had my interview last December 2016, they didnt approve me with my US visa and was told to get a i601 waiver due to my overstaying. We were able to apply the waiver and was received by the USCIS last April 2017. The waiver was done by our lawyer. So I'm not really sure how he applied for it. But as I was doing my research, some says that it takes about 4-6 months to be processed. Some say it takes longer than 10 months, some say a year. It's been almost 9 months and the case status still says received everytime I check it online. I also inquire about it on their website and I was given an email back saying that my case is still pending adjudication however have had to perform additional reviews which has caused a longer processing time.

What does that supposed to mean? Is that a good sign or a bad sign? Is it normal for it to take this long to be processed? Also, since it's been more than a year now since my last interview, does that mean we have to restart all over with the whole visa processing? Or how does that affect my visa case? 

If anyone could help me out or any information would be greatly appreciated! My son has been longing for my husband and my husband has been longing for us. Being apart from him has now made our life very complicated and I'm hoping I can get some answer real soon. Thank you so much for your time! 

The I-601 waiver can take longer for certain people due to whatever reason. Mine took a little over 13 months. Filled (through a lawyer) on August 2016 got an approval on December 21 2017. And I can tell you this my case was by far not an easy one. I went into this whole process EXPECTING THE WORST and kinda hoping for the best. And in the end worked out for the best. It is expected that certain applications will be put through additional scrutiny by the immigration officials for one reason or another and thats okay.....it does not necessarily mean a refusal. Just be patient and hope for the best. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Forgot to add that my lawyer was an absolute expert when it came to compiling evidence for proof of hardship. He really made the case for me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.