20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Is here had anyone can share experience to me:

1: how long did it takes to receive green card interview notice after received combo card?

2: how long did it takes to receive green card without intervention ?

my agency told me it only takes around 2months to receive green card after combo card in general, not so sure is it true. I wish :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

See our timeline below for an example.

Gonna say the 2 months after combo card is way off. also.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Your agency clearly generalizes cases when it actually depends on your local office.

Mine is Cleveland, OH and I got my interview super quick but people in other areas can wait up to a year or even more.

No one can give you an exact timeline.

05/24/2017 Entered the US on a J1 visa

10/10/2017 We got married!

10/27/2017 AOS Package sent via USPS - Chicago Lockbox

10/30/2017 Package delivered 

10/31/2017 Priority Date

11/07/2017 Received email and text notifications about all 4 forms

11/14/2017 Received hard copies of all 4 NOAs

11/21/2017 Received biometrics appointment notice scheduled for 11/29

12/15/2017 Interview notice - interview is scheduled for January 19th! Holy #$%^ that's less than 3 months from PD!

01/02/2018 EAD + AP approved

01/16/2018 Combo card delivered

01/19/2018 Interview - recommended for approval

01/22/2018 New card is being produced :dance:

UBtw.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, EvieMN said:

Your agency clearly generalizes cases when it actually depends on your local office.

Mine is Cleveland, OH and I got my interview super quick but people in other areas can wait up to a year or even more.

No one can give you an exact timeline.

Thx a lot 

8 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

See our timeline below for an example.

Gonna say the 2 months after combo card is way off. also.

Thank you so much 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi everyone. I applied last year February for my AOS. And still waiting. Since September is still says ready to schedule your AOS for interview. Apparently they said my stuff is at Fort myers office in Florida. Anybody else have there documents there. They said my case is in the upnormal processing times. Hope there is nothing wrong. Anybody else been waiting so long?

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, natsusnowy1204 said:

Is here had anyone can share experience to me:

1: how long did it takes to receive green card interview notice after received combo card?

2: how long did it takes to receive green card without intervention ?

my agency told me it only takes around 2months to receive green card after combo card in general, not so sure is it true. I wish :) 

I got my combo card exactly 4 months ago and still haven't heard anything further from USCIS. I wish it was only 2 months!

3 minutes ago, Chantelle1985 said:

Hey there. I got my combo card probably June and only got my greencard last week. There was about a 8 months gab. 

Congrats! Glad you got it, finally.

Had your medical expired by the time you had the interview - and did you need to get it re-done to be granted the GC? There seems to be confusion about how long the medical exam is valid for.

Timeline

Well when I applied for Adjustment of status I send in my medical from South Africa because I had that down 5 months before applying for Adjustment of status. So I didn’t wanted to do it again. But when I went for interview now I did my medical again coz on the form they send me of the stuff they require it said “form I-693 so had it done. So I gave the sealed envelope to the lady at the interview and she was happy about it coz she said I just wanted to ask you for your medical. So I would say get it done before interview. Have you already applied for Adjustment of status?

9 hours ago, Chantelle1985 said:

Well when I applied for Adjustment of status I send in my medical from South Africa because I had that down 5 months before applying for Adjustment of status. So I didn’t wanted to do it again. But when I went for interview now I did my medical again coz on the form they send me of the stuff they require it said “form I-693 so had it done. So I gave the sealed envelope to the lady at the interview and she was happy about it coz she said I just wanted to ask you for your medical. So I would say get it done before interview. Have you already applied for Adjustment of status?

Thanks for the info. Yup, I applied for AOS in August 2017. Got AP/EAD cards in Nov, nothing since then. My medical was done in the UK in March 2017, so one year will have elapsed before I get my GC interview. It's just annoying that I'll have to get another one when I already spent $$$ to get it done for the initial K1 application! That said, I've heard some people have managed to get their GCs without redoing their medical, so I'm not sure what the official advice is...

Timeline

Hi there yeah hopefully you will Here from them soon. I had to spend another $400 on my medical now. And had to go register my vaccines into the Florida record system and had to get more vaccines done. I had it done because on my interview form it said bring your I693 so wanted to make sure I have everything and   She wanted to ask me for it. Coz she was on the phone with her supervisor and she said to him “yes she did bring her medical” so was happy I did it. What state you in?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Chantelle1985 said:

Hey there. I got my combo card probably June and only got my greencard last week. There was about a 8 months gab. 

Hi.. i just wanna know if you renewed your EAD card while waiting for your green card? I really appreciate your answer. :)

9 hours ago, Chantelle1985 said:

Hi there yeah hopefully you will Here from them soon. I had to spend another $400 on my medical now. And had to go register my vaccines into the Florida record system and had to get more vaccines done. I had it done because on my interview form it said bring your I693 so wanted to make sure I have everything and   She wanted to ask me for it. Coz she was on the phone with her supervisor and she said to him “yes she did bring her medical” so was happy I did it. What state you in?

Ugh, I better not have to get any repeat vaccines because I had them all done in the UK before coming here! Did you get them done before you came to the US? I'm in Georgia. I guess I'll have to budget at least $400 for a repeat medical and then probably some more in case of any vaccine requirements...

Timeline

I got mine done in South Africa, but had to get another chicken pox and  measles vaccine respectively.  I got one in South Africa, but two doses are required . Visit health department, and ask them to enter your vaccine records into their database. I did so with Florida health department. Don’t loose composure, when dealing, with any of the clerks. Assume that they know nothing, and explain briefly your requirements. You may have to comeback more than once.  I had a difficult experience but I kept my temper in check. Had to go there twice. Luckily I don’t work and my husband took me there twice. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Karenxvii said:

Hi.. i just wanna know if you renewed your EAD card while waiting for your green card? I really appreciate your answer. :)

Hi there no I didn’t my EAD card would have expired in June and got my GC last week. When is yours  expiring?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.