8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hiyah!!

So my fiancé lives in the USA and I’m from Canada, trying to move and marry him, we sent in our forms and got a receipt on July 5,2017. 

We are still waiting and it’s january 8,2018!!

we have heard absoulty nothing from Uscis?! 

Is this unusual?

Also I’ve been readying up on it and people have it all done in 6 months.. but I haven’t heard anything in six months? 

Everytime I try to contact them it’s a stupid machine and I don’t know if I just wait or if I need to contact them?

06/01/18 : Filed for AOS, EAD, AP

06/03/18 : Package delivered by USPS

06/15/18 : Received AOS AP, AND EAD NOA1 hard copies in mail

06/15/18: Received rejection letter for AP (WILL BE RE FILING)

07/02/18 : Biometrics appointment letter in mail

07/09/18 : Biometrics:D

09/10/18 AP approval in mail

09/18/18 : Received AP card in mail 

10/23/18 : Interview ready to be scheduled 

12/03/18 : NOA EAD Approval in Mail

12/07/18 : Receive EAD Card In mail

xx/xx/18 : Interview 

xx/xx/18 : Notice of Approval on I-485 in mail

xx/xx/18 : Card received in mail. Yay!:jest:

4 minutes ago, Lauramuffin said:

Hiyah!!

So my fiancé lives in the USA and I’m from Canada, trying to move and marry him, we sent in our forms and got a receipt on July 5,2017. 

Is this unusual?

Also I’ve been readying up on it and people have it all done in 6 months.. but I haven’t heard anything in six months? 

Everytime I try to contact them it’s a stupid machine and I don’t know if I just wait or if I need to contact them?

Unfortunately it is not that unusual.  I'm a June 6th filer (Day 216) and my petition has not even been assigned to an adjudicator yet (according to Tier II).  It is very rare to get done in 6 months anymore.  There are still 2200 June filers and even some May filers that haven't been touched yet.  There are 120 virgins from June 6 alone.  

At this point I do not believe any July non-expedited filers have been approved.  It is strange because June has many approvals even as late as June 30 but there are still so many early June filers not touched.

Calling doesn't help as you are within their published timelines...you will get stock answers until the USCIS site shows they are processing petitions after your date.  It currently says they are processing June 1 filers.

Us June 6th filers are over 7 months without any information.  This will not be a quick process.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Unfortunately it is not that unusual.  I'm a June 6th filer (Day 216) and my petition has not even been assigned to an adjudicator yet (according to Tier II).  It is very rare to get done in 6 months anymore.  There are still 2200 June filers and even some May filers that haven't been touched yet.  There are 120 virgins from June 6 alone.  

At this point I do not believe any July non-expedited filers have been approved.  It is strange because June has many approvals even as late as June 30 but there are still so many early June filers not touched.

Calling doesn't help as you are within their published timelines...you will get stock answers until the USCIS site shows they are processing petitions after your date.  It currently says they are processing June 1 filers.

Us June 6th filers are over 7 months without any information.  This will not be a quick process.

I never knew I had such little patience!!

thanks for you information!

10 minutes ago, Lauramuffin said:

Hiyah!!

Is this unusual?

A few questions: did you receive a Notification of Action 1 with a case number to track the status of your case?

Have you spoken to the USCIS on the phone?

Have you ever requested a tier 2 representative?

Six months is the standard processing time, however based on your post here we need a little more info to determine if they actually have your case to begin with... when you are out of standard processing time, then you can begin to make more aggressive inquiries - with service requests or contacting your Congressperson.

It is not uncommon for cases to take much much longer than the 'goal' the USCIS posts.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, yuna628 said:

A few questions: did you receive a Notification of Action 1 with a case number to track the status of your case?

Six months is the standard processing time, however based on your post here we need a little more info to determine if they actually have your case to begin with... when you are out of standard processing time, then you can begin to make more aggressive inquiries - with service requests or contacting your Congressperson.

It is not uncommon for cases to take much much longer than the 'goal' the USCIS posts.

It is normal for this year's applications. No info needed at this case cause they are working on june cases. K1s are really backlogged this year the wait is around 180-200+ days..

1 minute ago, Lauramuffin said:

I never knew I had such little patience!!

thanks for you information!

I wish it was better news.  You can feel the stress that some couples are having because of this.  Even a few of our friends have fought hard enough to consider breaking up.

Please separate the process from the reason for the process.  Hold your loved ones, even virtually.  Do not allow the process to impact the relationship.  Consider it a government test to see if you have a bona fide relationship.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

Yes I got a receipt number to track my case but that’s the one and only thing I have gotten from them.

i went through a lawyer so I don’t know if that helps at all?

i have tried To talk to someone on the phone but only been blue To talk to machines. 

I dont know what what you mean by tier 2?

ive just been relying on my lawyer to move it along! But I’m getting impatient!

4 minutes ago, Lauramuffin said:

Yes I got a receipt number to track my case but that’s the one and only thing I have gotten from them.

i went through a lawyer so I don’t know if that helps at all?

i have tried To talk to someone on the phone but only been blue To talk to machines. 

I dont know what what you mean by tier 2?

ive just been relying on my lawyer to move it along! But I’m getting impatient!

Tier II will have more info but they generally won't talk to you until the published processing date passes your date.  I've called 3 times and I have gotten nothing, even from Tier II.  All they tell you is that you are within published processing timelines.  A Tier II did say that I wasn't assigned to an adjudicator yet.  I really was much happier before I heard that...

Your lawyer, unless he knows someone at CSC, will not be able to do much.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.