pajobra

January 2018 AOS Filers

2,904 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, cherryblossoms916 said:

So I don’t need to go to ssa after receiving ead card?

If in the form, which I forgot the number, you said you wanted a SS card to be sent to you, then you won't need to go to a social security office.

AOS JOURNEY

AOS package sent: 01/22/18 

NOA1 dated: 01/26/18

NOA1 text/emails: 01/29/18

NOA1 Hardcopies: 02/02/18

Biometrics: 02/23/18

Interview scheduled for: 05/08/18

Green Card Approved & Card in Production: 05/08/18

Card was Mailed to me: 05/11/18

Card Received: 05/15/18                                                        

ROC JOURNEY

ROC package sent: 02/08/20

ROC received in AZ: 02/10/20

Check cashed + Text message with case #: 02/14/20

NOA1 dated: 02/13/20

Biometrics: 05/07/20 (text + email stating bio was taken)

"Card in Production": 07/07/20

"Case was approved": 07/08/20

Approval notice received: 07/11/20

"Card was mailed to me": 07/28/20

Informed Delivery tells me there is a first-class letter from Lee's Summit under Department of Homeland Security, NBC. Anyone knows what this could be? I already did my bio 15 days ago... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Informed Delivery tells me there is a first-class letter from Lee's Summit under Department of Homeland Security, NBC. Anyone knows what this could be? I already did my bio 15 days ago... 

Assuming that you already did your BIO, that could be your EAD Approval.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

1 hour ago, T_P said:

Assuming that you already did your BIO, that could be your EAD Approval.

Thanks! This seems very fast, only within 50 days. Matter of fact, I just called USCIS yesterday to expedite EAD with a job offer. The letter shows the date was Feb 12th, so should be before my request. 

3 minutes ago, bestofluck said:

Thanks! This seems very fast, only within 50 days. Matter of fact, I just called USCIS yesterday to expedite EAD with a job offer. The letter shows the date was Feb 12th, so should be before my request. 

it could be your EAD. Can you let us know what it is? I have the same timeline as you. Did biometrics 2/2/18 now waiting..

1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

it could be your EAD. Can you let us know what it is? I have the same timeline as you. Did biometrics 2/2/18 now waiting..

I will keep you posted. I don’t think it’s the card, from what I read in the form the card should come in a package instead of a letter...

Hello guys

So I received a notice of rejection for my wife's EAD the reason was because I filled out on an outdated form. What should I send back with it jus the new filled out one. Also my other application has been received and are being processed I485 and the AP so those are good until further notice.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

1 hour ago, Laura123 said:

Thank you! Are you adjusting status from student 

Yes, I'm adjusting from F1. 

5 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Just got the mail, it is a yellow paper letter dated February 10th, saying my "Form I-693(Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) submitted is no longer in use". However "I don't need to mail any document at this time, I will have to bring an updated Form I-693 to the interview appointment if I receive an interview notice in the mail. If my case does not require an interview, I will receive a Request for Evidence for Form I-693."

And it says at the end "DO NOT MAIL DOCUMENTS AT THIS TIME. Mailing documents before receiving one of the notices referenced above may result in a delay to your case." 

Hopefully, this means at least they are working on my case and besides this out-dated Form I-693, everything else is good. 

Good luck everyone!

5 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Just got the mail, it is a yellow paper letter dated February 10th, saying my "Form I-693(Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record) submitted is no longer in use". However "I don't need to mail any document at this time, I will have to bring an updated Form I-693 to the interview appointment if I receive an interview notice in the mail. If my case does not require an interview, I will receive a Request for Evidence for Form I-693."

And it says at the end "DO NOT MAIL DOCUMENTS AT THIS TIME. Mailing documents before receiving one of the notices referenced above may result in a delay to your case." 

Hopefully, this means at least they are working on my case and besides this out-dated Form I-693, everything else is good. 

Good luck everyone!

I just got the same exact paper today. Mine says they haven’t received the 693 since I didn’t submit it. But to take with me to the interview. 

I know hopefully this means no other RFE 🤞and good news they are working on the case . Hopefully the interview will be scheduled soon

6 hours ago, bestofluck said:

Good luck everyone!

I need to go check my form, I did my medical a week before I mailed the form and the doc filled everything for me I just signed it and they sealed it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, Eros99 said:

Looks like a lot of December filers are getting their interview dates notifications already.

Wow thats pretty quick. You haven’t gotten any update? 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.