dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview February 2018

815 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Have you called yet?

No, I just gave them a break coz anytime I call, I don’t get a liable update on my case.. They keep telling me the 11 weeks thing,  can’t even tell me if it’s in the review or not 😣

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Sorry if I bring a sad tone to this thread, but I wish I had known this when we were waiting for our interview... I do not know numbers or percentages, but there are a whole lot of people here on VJ, especially from North African/African and Middle Eastern countries who have "successful interviews" and then are put into administrative processing. Please be prepared logistically, i.e. don't sell your home or car, of course, etc etc, and most of all, be prepared emotionally too. We were not. 

Some APs I am seeing are short but many I have seen are months long. Again, I do not have numbers, (and I have been looking here for a collection of that data in VJ, and have been unsuccessful) but I think it has become quite common practice these days.

I hope with all I have that you guys get your visas without more delay!

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who got their interview dates today! Hope NVC keeps up with the scheduling! Anyone from India tho?! 

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Okay everyone it's the 29th Interview scheduling start for March. Please report back here and fill out the form so I can update the spreadsheet. All the best to everyone

Hey everyone, does NVC schedule all interview on 29th monthly or what? I saw a  lot of people got the interview dates today

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

Yes!!!! Called NVC and we are scheduled for March 6th in Pakistan!!! CC was 1/18. 

congrats :)

Timeline
30 minutes ago, scarlett262004 said:

Yes!!!! Called NVC and we are scheduled for March 6th in Pakistan!!! CC was 1/18. 

I will call tomorrow to check mine

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mill&bill said:

When they will send emails?

The rep said it should be sent out this week or the beginning of next week. 

I analyzed 3705 cases and summarized them in the charts below.

Most cases are scheduled on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 29th, 30th monthly, you should call them in the end of these dates. The rest of the month, they are just chilling.

And somehow they don't want put much effort in January and November. On the other hand, they like scheduling people in December. :)) I don't know why but maybe they want to finish the work as soon as possible and go home for the holidays.

2018-01-29_21-29-15.png

2018-01-29_21-30-04.png

Edited by cybermax

22 minutes ago, cybermax said:

I analyzed 3705 cases and summarized them in the charts below.

Most cases are scheduled on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 29th, 30th monthly, you should call them in the end of these dates. The rest of the month, they are just chilling.

And somehow they don't want put much effort in January and November. On the other hand, they like scheduling people in December. :)) I don't know why but maybe they want to finish the work as soon as possible and go home for the holidays.

2018-01-29_21-29-15.png

2018-01-29_21-30-04.png

They don't schedule manually. There are multiple computer chips that monitor the activity. Each embassy around the world send their open slots to NVC each month and the computer chips are told to schedule the completed case based on embassy's open slots. Each case go themselves and get scheduled according to the case completion. Since it is programmed, there should a specific timeframe for scheduling. The time frame is last week of the month through the first week of the next month. After that, they only schedule if the specific embassy gets cancellation or re-scheduled cases.  

Edited by csi260sa

5 minutes ago, csi260sa said:

They don't schedule manually. There are multiple computer chips that monitor the activity. Each embassy around the world send their open slots to NVC each month and the computer chips are told to schedule the completed case based on embassy's open slots. Each case go themselves and get scheduled according to the case completion. 

Thanks for the info. But still, there is a big difference between 1st,2nd,3rd,29th,30th and the rest. Doesn't hurt to call NVC and check your case on these days. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.