Nemeseax

Stay in USA om tourist 2

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Faroe Islands
Timeline

Please help! 

I am from EU country; have valid B2 visa; entered USA in order to stay a few weeks only; but after a great time spent with my friend  I know from before, we realized that " there is something much much more " ...well we ve got married 3 and half months after my entering USA. My allowed stay is 6 months. I know that I ve made a fraud and that is what make me so scared. I wouldnt like to go back to Europe, right now my working contract is over, and not so much what would wait for me there.

I know I need to apply for AOS ;our marriage is truthful; have never dreamed of living in USA before I ve meet this man  ( at one of my previous turist travels) just know I want to live with him; find job and be honest citizen as I ve always been the whole of my life. 

We re both older people; my husband is near 70 yrs old.Would our age be an huge obstacle? 

I know you will advice me travelling back and wait for spouse visa but in our case this is a bit complicated. 

Am I  in huge danger that my AOS could be denied?

Thank you so much for your answers and help! 

3 minutes ago, Nemeseax said:

Please help! 

I am from EU country; have valid B2 visa; entered USA in order to stay a few weeks only; but after a great time spent with my friend  I know from before, we realized that " there is something much much more " ...well we ve got married 3 and half months after my entering USA. My allowed stay is 6 months. I know that I ve made a fraud and that is what make me so scared. I wouldnt like to go back to Europe, right now my working contract is over, and not so much what would wait for me there.

I know I need to apply for AOS ;our marriage is truthful; have never dreamed of living in USA before I ve meet this man  ( at one of my previous turist travels) just know I want to live with him; find job and be honest citizen as I ve always been the whole of my life. 

We re both older people; my husband is near 70 yrs old.Would our age be an huge obstacle? 

I know you will advice me travelling back and wait for spouse visa but in our case this is a bit complicated. 

Am I  in huge danger that my AOS could be denied?

Thank you so much for your answers and help! 

Why do you think you made a fraud? 

There's only one way to find out about AOS approval.. apply. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline

I have read if you got married and stay on B2- that is a fraud  ( yes, very " hard " word).

I will apply, what other to do ; in my topic I ve tried to explain my situation and asked if Im in so huge danger to be deported. I am 55 yrs old btw; not a person who would live illegaly.

Filed: Timeline

It's only fraud if you intentionally came to the US to get married and file AOS. It's up to CBP to determine that when you first got here, since they let you in you are fine. Unless you have other issues beyond this, then you should not have a problem with filing to adjust status. You'll need to start collecting your legal documents like birth certificate from home country.

Timeline

No- my intention was really to stay 3 weeks, visit some nice places at the State I ve already been in , meet my friends from there, my husband is one of my american friends; but we got very close and...well the rest you know ( we got married).Yes I will see What I need from Europe and start to collect documents for my AOS

What issues I mean? I have no criminal records, not even a parking tickets; all taxes payed...etc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nemeseax said:

No- my intention was really to stay 3 weeks, visit some nice places at the State I ve already been in , meet my friends from there, my husband is one of my american friends; but we got very close and...well the rest you know ( we got married).Yes I will see What I need from Europe and start to collect documents for my AOS

What issues I mean? I have no criminal records, not even a parking tickets; all taxes payed...etc

Is there someone in your home country who can send on your stuff?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I am citizen of one EU country but resident in another last 5 years. 

In both countries I have friends who would help sending my things. 

Timeline

Excellent

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

May our age be an issue  ( 55/ 69) ? We will even make a pre- nuptials  so immigration officer could see our marriage is strictky because we have fallen in love, not because any money or just nu Green Card. 

Timeline

Nope, pre nuptial does not matter, I 864 will override it.

Timeline

Okay- Im kinda very new to all this -so I 864 is for joint- sponsorship; right? My  husband has enough money for both of us well not sure if he needed to be extra rich hopefully not  ( middle class man with property).

We would do all needed to show them our honest intentions. My logic tells me that one older woman  (55) wouldnt go into making Green Card by cheating; somehow believe that is for younger people who would possibly like to start a new career in USA. Just my opinion- of course I know that immigation officer probably doesnt think the same. 

Timeline

You need to hang around here you will not believe what some people will do to get a Green Card, or head over to 90 Day Fiance - TV Series.

Timeline

I believe so .Personally have never ever dreamed about GC; USA has always been just a nice destination for me to visit and meet nice people. I ve been happy in Scandinavia. 

If someone told me 2 years ago I would be at this forum; Id told him/ her" you re crazy".But life is strange sometimes.

As I ve said my intentions are really honest- just want to live here because of my husband- find work as well too .

*~*~*moved from "what visa do I need" to "AOS from work/study/tourist" as OP is not applying for a visa but adjusting status*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.