apgk

Why aren't things moving at CSC?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

I called USCIS number (1-800-DONT-ASK) for the heck of it.

The gentleman told me that business cases have higher priority (I dont know what it means but I am guessing that may be H-1B visa processing is hogging up all the time). After my asking (for the heck of it) - what can i do to expedite my case? He told me "Well, nothing. The goverment will only consider faster processing if it is a bonafide emergency. Being young and being in love, does not quite qualify as an emergency situation" :)

anyone else had clues as to whats going on at CSC? I read the stats prepared by fwaguy, not many approvals for Jan filers yet - so it seems its all going to snowball and late approvals for all. gosh i am tired already.

no offense, but I'm hoping the finish November before they start cranking on January

It may be about time to contact your congressman.

Been there, done that. Both senators and my congressman. All three have contacted USCIS but they can't really do much more before the "normal processing time" of 6 months goes by. There is a glaringly apparent lack of accountability with USCIS.

CSC Received I-129f 11/9/06

NOA1 - 11/16/06

NOA2 - 5/11/07

Arrived NVC - 5/29/07

Left NVC - 5/31/07

Arrived Vancouver Consulate - 6/7/07

I called USCIS number (1-800-DONT-ASK) for the heck of it.

The gentleman told me that business cases have higher priority (I dont know what it means but I am guessing that may be H-1B visa processing is hogging up all the time). After my asking (for the heck of it) - what can i do to expedite my case? He told me "Well, nothing. The goverment will only consider faster processing if it is a bonafide emergency. Being young and being in love, does not quite qualify as an emergency situation" :)

anyone else had clues as to whats going on at CSC? I read the stats prepared by fwaguy, not many approvals for Jan filers yet - so it seems its all going to snowball and late approvals for all. gosh i am tired already.

APGK,

If you filed in late-March - and it's only now almost the end of April - am I missing something where 30+ days was the benchmark for CSC? There's a suggested adjudication date in your timeline...it's usually (obviously not always) pretty close...(I know no one wants to hear that, but...) Patience is the game... :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
.........]

APGK,

If you filed in late-March - and it's only now almost the end of April - am I missing something where 30+ days was the benchmark for CSC? There's a suggested adjudication date in your timeline...it's usually (obviously not always) pretty close...(I know no one wants to hear that, but...) Patience is the game... :thumbs:

No there was no 30 days benchmark anywhere in CSC.

I was looking the stats posted by another member here and it seems like only 1/3 of the Jan filers have been able to get their approvals so far, which seems low when you compare it with the statistics from previous months. And so was pondering if this apparent slowdown now will have domino effect or would USCIS speed up and catch up. I also read in some document (about fee hikes) which someone had posted here - that document seem to indicate that USCIS "claims" that on average, they process I-129F within 90days currently and that seem to be case also from the statistics. So just wondering if that 90day limit would increase or is looking like that it would increase.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got touched twice this week: monday & tuesday, and then nothing. Any ideas??

20/Dec/06 I-129F sent to TSC

06/Jan/07 transfered to the CSC

15/Jan/07 I-129F sent to CSC

18/Jan/07 NOA1

03/May/07 NOA2

04/May/07 touched

07/May/07 NVC recived

09/May/07 left NVC

15/May/07 NOA2 hard copy

17/May/07 Package 3 recived

31/May/07 medical exams

04/Jun/07 interview, approved!!

06/Jun/07 visa in hand

10/Jun/07 going home

14/Jun/07 wedding

22/Jun/07 SSN name changed

27/Jul/07 filed for AOS

30/Jul/07 Chicago recived

01/Nov/07 called 911 domestic abuse

05/Nov/07 police came to help me to get my stuff out of the house

07//Nov/07 Biometrics

19/Nov/07 EAC

??/Dec/07 injunction granted against him

??/Jan/08 failure to interview

??/Feb/08 Notice from immigration: 30 days to leave the country before removal procedures start

01/Apr/08 I-360 NOA1

29/Aug/08 I-360, I-765,I485 NOA1 (my attorney sent a new I360...???)

wasn't offended...didn't realize there was still a November filer hanging around. I hope they get to you soon.

yeah, unfortunately there are a couple of us still stranded between NOA-1 and NOA-2. :(

It's a lesson in futility and patience, and I truly hope none of the people on who who have filed more recently have to learn that lesson.

CSC Received I-129f 11/9/06

NOA1 - 11/16/06

NOA2 - 5/11/07

Arrived NVC - 5/29/07

Left NVC - 5/31/07

Arrived Vancouver Consulate - 6/7/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was also wondering what is going on. The CSC update says that as of April 18, they are processing I-129F dated October 2006. At this rate, it'll be months before my February 07 is processed. I thought the average NOA1 to NOA2 time was about 3 months. Anyone know what is happening?

9/26/2006 Met online

12/24/2006 - 1/6/2007 Visited Fiancee in VN

12/31/2006 Engagement ceremony

2/1/2007 Mailed I-129

2/12/2007 NOA-1

5/2/2007 NOA-2

5/21/2007 NVC received I-129

6/6/2007 - 6/28/2007 Visited Fiancee in VN

6/9/2007 Wedding Ceremony in VN; no paperwork

6/11/2007 - 6/18/2007 Honeymoon in Nha Trang and Dalat

6/29/2007 Packet 3 received (in person)

6/29/2007 Packet 3 returned to consulate (in person)

7/30/2007 Packet 4 received

8/22/2007 John arrived in Vietnam for interview

8/24/2007 Interview - blue slip

8/31/2007 Pink slip

9/5/2007 Visa granted

9/6/2007 POE

9/12/2007 Wedding in U.S.

11/30/2007 Mailed AOS paperwork.

12/26/2008 Biometrics

I got touched twice this week: monday & tuesday, and then nothing. Any ideas??

My K-1 application at CSC was touched on a Monday and Tuesday with no change in teh status about 90 ddays after mailing it. Everyone who has a NOA1 the same week as me started posting their were approved. Me? Nothing! I ended up calling CSC the next week and was told I had been approved but no email was sent out. My petition was already at NVC by the time CSC told me on the phone I was approved.

I do not want to get your hopes up, but it does happen. Good luck!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was also wondering what is going on. The CSC update says that as of April 18, they are processing I-129F dated October 2006. At this rate, it'll be months before my February 07 is processed. I thought the average NOA1 to NOA2 time was about 3 months. Anyone know what is happening?

Stick with the data here. It *could* take as long as their official times list - but that's just a butt-covering figure to cut down on curious phone calls from petitioners. The site will ALWAYS list a 6 month processing time (until they fall completely off the wagon and it starts listing longer times).

Actual procesing average is 2.9months. VSC take far less. CSC, and the others, take around that plus a bit right now.

Surf around, you'll see your question comes up ALL the time!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Per the USCIS:

"Effective immediately, when we are completing applications and petitions within our service level goals we will report that as the processing time. For example, when our service level goal is to process a particular kind of case within six months, and if our processing time is six months or less, we will show a date consistent with our service level goal because that reflects our commitment."

In other words, the date reported will be 6 mos. or the actual service level whichever is LATER......

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.